PDA

View Full Version : Should Jon Garland replace Rocky Biddle in the rotation?

Viva Magglio
07-25-2001, 09:26 PM
Should Jon Garland replace Rocky Biddle in the rotation?

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:28 PM
AS FAST AS ****ING POSSIBLE.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 09:33 PM
hell ****ing yes and that would open up a spot for Rauch next year since Parque will take Lowes spot.

mother****er************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********

stupid piece of **** get garland in that mother****er right now. bIDDLE has heart but hes only throwing two ****ing pitches out there

hopefully this bashing works and team goes out and score 8 runs.
whenever i bash them they do!

go go stupid ****ers, root for my ****ing ****head, mother****ing white sox

:)

danman31
07-25-2001, 10:17 PM
I have never been high on Biddle. This may be a little radical, but I say we trade Biddle for a SS. When we trade Baldwin(please, please, please) we will have KWells, Beuhrle, Garland, Parque, and Lowe/Rauch(I don't think he'll be ready but why not?) for next year. That's good.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 10:32 PM
Rauch will be healthy in Late december from what i heard, he better be in the rotation next year so lowe can go to the bullpen where he is the most valuable as will Biddle because with two pitches he can get by with that in the pen. I'd say in the pen Biddle could have a 3.20 e.r.a. and the only way biddle could be very good as a starter would be if he added a curve ball with fastball and slider. Also he would be good if he could use his change one in awhile.

this better be the rotation next year

1. Buerhle
2. KidKip
3.mister i better last past the sixth inning(parque a.k.a. melted butter)
4. Garland
5.Rauch

if thats not then we better get someone or i'm hanging myself.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
Rauch will be healthy in Late december from what i heard, he better be in the rotation next year so lowe can go to the bullpen where he is the most valuable as will Biddle because with two pitches he can get by with that in the pen. I'd say in the pen Biddle could have a 3.20 e.r.a. and the only way biddle could be very good as a starter would be if he added a curve ball with fastball and slider. Also he would be good if he could use his change one in awhile.

this better be the rotation next year

1. Buerhle
2. KidKip
3.mister i better last past the sixth inning(parque a.k.a. melted butter)
4. Garland
5.Rauch

if thats not then we better get someone or i'm hanging myself.

I doubt Racuh will start the season in the rotatoin. He'll need one hell of a spring to even make the Opening Day roster. He'll probably be in Charlotte at season start, with Lowe taking his place in the rotation. I think Rauch will a mid-season call up and do some bullpen work (like Buehrle, Wells, & Garland) before starting in the bigs.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 11:11 PM
if lowe makes it in the rotation next year than we're scrwed to high hell unless glover and biddle replace lowe. that means one of them is going to have to have a 3.15 e.r.a. or less like lowe would probably have. I know biddle could get to maybe a 3.30 to 3.40 e.r.a. in the pen i dont know if he could be as dominant as lowe. Glover maybe(big damn maybe). Rauch is going to be 24
next year he was a college pitcher so he does have more experience than your average minor leaguer kind of like Kip in 99.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
Rauch is going to be 24 next year he was a college pitcher so he does have more experience than your average minor leaguer kind of like Kip in 99.

Just because I'm a perfectionist, Rauch will be 23 at season's start next year, and won't turn 24 until September 27.

I think he should start in AAA. I'm pretty sure he went down before the season started, meaning he's never pitched higher than AA. (If he did start the season in AAA, he didn't get much time down there).

Daver
07-25-2001, 11:23 PM
You are assuming there will be baseball next year right?

That said Biddle will be the 4 in the rotation.
Rauch will be ready TO COMPETE for a spot in 2003,and he will have Kris Honel to compete with.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by daver
You are assuming there will be baseball next year right?

That said Biddle will be the 4 in the rotation.
Rauch will be ready TO COMPETE for a spot in 2003,and he will have Kris Honel to compete with.

Obviously I am assuming there will be baseball next year. After what happened in 1994, if they let ANOTHER work stoppage happen, that would do more harm to the owners than any salary could.

Yeah... I think that Rauch will be up next season because of all the hype, but I don't think he will be anywhere near sold until 2003 (remember Garland last season? That was a disaster.)

Let's not rush Honel. Just because he's shooting up the minors like he's got a rocket up his ass now, he is only 18...

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 11:40 PM
Let's not rush Honel. Just because he's shooting up the minors like he's got a rocket up his ass now, he is only 18...

Don't worry he has a few guys to pass before he is considered for a spot in the starting 5. The Sox did the same thing with Borchard last year in terms of moving him through the system. But pitchers are different then hitters and Honel was in HS while Joe was in college.

:hitless
Well he's not taking my roster spot so I can care less

Soxboyrob
07-26-2001, 01:01 PM
Why hasn't anyone really considered the possibility of Glover starting a couple of games to see if he's got it in him? Glover has been a starter for most of his pro career, as has Garland. I happen to like the idea of letting Garland get just a tad more time in the pen. He's doing well there and hasn't responded to previous attempts at starting. Glover might prove a valuable starter and has good stuff. Let's give him a shot and then bring them both into camp next spring and let them compete for the spot on an equal basis.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Why hasn't anyone really considered the possibility of Glover starting a couple of games to see if he's got it in him? Glover has been a starter for most of his pro career, as has Garland. I happen to like the idea of letting Garland get just a tad more time in the pen. He's doing well there and hasn't responded to previous attempts at starting. Glover might prove a valuable starter and has good stuff. Let's give him a shot and then bring them both into camp next spring and let them compete for the spot on an equal basis.

I can see your point, but the bigger factor in all of this is that the Sox want Garland to be a starter very badly. They are going to give him a lot of chances to prove his value.

Joel Perez
07-26-2001, 01:48 PM
Rocky has been having a "Rocky" month of July. Go to www.chisox.com to find out just how rocky his month has been.

Can you say "Bullpen, here I come???"

i ate canada
07-26-2001, 02:25 PM
Think of how bad our bullpen would be without Garland. He's been doing great there all season and I don't know about you guys, but the thought of Ginter and Rocky replacing him in the pen scares me.

Ship Rocky out, call up Danny Wright. He's got nothing left to prove in AA.

FarWestChicago
07-26-2001, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by i ate canada
Think of how bad our bullpen would be without Garland. He's been doing great there all season and I don't know about you guys, but the thought of Ginter and Rocky replacing him in the pen scares me.

Yes, that is a terrifying thought.