PDA

View Full Version : NY Tabloids: Carlos is Prince Charming; Randy is King of Mean

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Looking over the coverage from the NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com) and the NY Post (http://www.nypost.com), the tone in New York is that Carlos Beltrán (Official NY Tabloid Term: "Carlos") is a matinee idol Prince Charming while Randy Johnson (Official NY Tabloid Term: "Randy") is the mean old crumudegeon whose assault of a WCBS-TV crew earned him eternal disdain from the Big Apple media. Well, eternal until he beats the Red Sox in which the NY media will sing his praises. And if Beltán does so much as strike out with the tying run in scoring position just once, goodbye Prince Charming!

Jjav829
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Did anyone listen to RJ on Letterman last night? Letterman was extremely annoying in his constant ass kissing of RJ. He kept saying that RJ was right to do what he did because the cameraman was in the wrong.

TommyJohn
01-12-2005, 12:50 PM
I liked the Post's headline: BIG JERK. That was funny.

Rocklive99
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Did anyone see the press conference? Randy and that WCBS reporter guy got into like an argument again and I briefly saw some of it on ESPNEWS last night but they haven't shown it since

MUsoxfan
01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
In all fairness to RJ, these guys can probably be real dicks. On the other hand, he should know what he signed up for

RKMeibalane
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Did anyone listen to RJ on Letterman last night? Letterman was extremely annoying in his constant ass kissing of RJ. He kept saying that RJ was right to do what he did because the cameraman was in the wrong.
I used to think Letterman was funny, but his act is getting old. Every baseball season, it's the same thing- he kisses the Yankees asses and makes fun of the Mets. Just once, I'd to see Mets make a complete fool out of him. Maybe this is the year that finally happens.

HoustonAstros967
01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
If I just got a $117 million dollar contract i'd be acting preety nice too. Randy is just mad the Yankees wouldn't ink him in for a contract untill he is 52 worth $250 million like he wanted. He'd have to go to the Mets for that. I'd be mad too.

Foulke You
01-12-2005, 11:28 PM
I used to think Letterman was funny, but his act is getting old. Every baseball season, it's the same thing- he kisses the Yankees asses and makes fun of the Mets. Just once, I'd to see Mets make a complete fool out of him. Maybe this is the year that finally happens.
Well, the Mets did sweep the Yanks in 2004 for the first time ever but I imagine that 2000 World Series has to sting a bit for Mets fans.

RKMeibalane
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, the Mets did sweep the Yanks in 2004 for the first time ever but I imagine that 2000 World Series has to sting a bit for Mets fans.
Speaking of the Mets-Yankees rivalry, does anyone know which team Jerry Seinfeld roots for? I had heard rumors that he was a Yankees fan, but during the Seinfeld TV series, Jerry had a Mets cap in his apartment, and Kramer talked him into purchasing illegal cable becuase the Mets had a certain number of games on a cable TV station that season. Also, I have never seen Seinfeld at any Yanks games, but I have seen him at Shea several times.

nccwsfan
01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Speaking of the Mets-Yankees rivalry, does anyone know which team Jerry Seinfeld roots for? I had heard rumors that he was a Yankees fan, but during the Seinfeld TV series, Jerry had a Mets cap in his apartment, and Kramer talked him into purchasing illegal cable becuase the Mets had a certain number of games on a cable TV station that season. Also, I have never seen Seinfeld at any Yanks games, but I have seen him at Shea several times.
I would guess he's a Mets fan based on the fact that you rarely see him at Yankee Stadium. I've seen him spotted at Shea a few times in the past myself.....

1 vote for Mets.

wdelaney72
01-13-2005, 01:18 PM
I heard the incident on the Dan Patrick show. Sounded to me like Randy was just trying to do his best impression of a New Yorker.

They can all rot in hell.