PDA

View Full Version : Name some impact rookies for 2005?

Banix12
01-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Name a rookie, on the sox or on any other team, who you expect will come up from the minors and make a serious impact this year. Think of it as a what to watch for upcoming spring training.

I figure Rickie Weeks seems like he'll get a serious shot with the Brewers this year since they traded Keith Ginter to the Athletics. If he lives up to the hype in that improved lineup they could do some damage in what seems to be an overall weaker NL Central.

MeanFish
01-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Maybe I'm being a bit of a homer here, but I really have a good feeling about Arnie Munoz this year.

Tekijawa
01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
David Wright, 3b, of the Mets... I don't know if he still qualifies as a rookie though, I'm pretty sure he does.

batmanZoSo
01-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Joe Crede. Or does he have too many MLB at-bats yet? :cool:

California Sox
01-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Mauer still qualifies, and he's very dangerous if healthy. I think one of the Diamondback outfielders (Quentin, Jackson) could make an impact. All those pitchers the A's just traded for will make a big impact on their season, either positive or negative. Jeremy Reed is going to be a ROY candidate. On the Sox, I think BMac has the best chance of really helping the team.

SoxxoS
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Nick Swisher...

santo=dorf
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Mauer still qualifies, and he's very dangerous if healthy. I think one of the Diamondback outfielders (Quentin, Jackson) could make an impact. All those pitchers the A's just traded for will make a big impact on their season, either positive or negative. Jeremy Reed is going to be a ROY candidate. On the Sox, I think BMac has the best chance of really helping the team.
I don't think Maurer is eligible for ROY. He was on the roster with Minnesota too long last season. I remember seeing Twins fans bitch about this and Lew Ford not being eligible last season too.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Tadahito Iguchi's a canidate if he decides to sign with a MLB team. I'm still hoping the Sox can nab him, despite the lack of any recent reports. KW is just flying under the radar. :cool:

veeter
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I like the Molina kid who catches for the Cardinals. I think he'll still be a rookie. He comes from good blood lines. He may be better than his brothers.

MUsoxfan
01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Jeremy Reed. He'll more than likely be unanimous league MVP with a gold glove and the Triple Crown. FIRE KW!