PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 'Sox Pride' Wristbands

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know if this belongs in the clubhouse or not but I decided to post it here anyways since it's for a good cause and they'll only be available this weekend at SoxFest.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050111&content_id=929591&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
01-11-2005, 10:51 PM
do you know if there will be any way to get a bracelet if your not going to soxfest??? :bandance:

JUribe1989
01-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Plans to further market the wristbands will be announced prior to Opening Day. At present, they will be available only at SoxFest this weekend.

This is really a great idea by whoever thought of it. I am buying 5! http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2005/01/11/RFfxBHMN.gif

santo=dorf
01-11-2005, 11:02 PM
[obnoxious cubs fan] They should look good with the "Sox" house arrest ankle bracelets![/obnoxious cubs fan]

:rolleyes:

tadscout
01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I live near Indy... so I hope theres going to be a way to get one outside of soxfest...

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I live near Indy... so I hope theres going to be a way to get one outside of soxfest...Get behind the wheel of your car this weekend...

Then exit I-65 at I-80 and go west.
Then exit I-80 at I-94 (Bishop Ford) and go north.
Then follow I-90 as it merges with I-57 (Dan Ryan).
And you should know the rest of the way to the Hyatt Regency Chicago to get your wristband.
EDIT: The Bishop Ford is I-94, not I-90!

tadscout
01-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Get behind the wheel of your car this weekend...

Then exit I-80 at I-90 (Bishop Ford) and go north.
And you should know the rest of the way to the Hyatt Regency Chicago to get your wristband.

I'm in charge of a state-wide meeting this weekend :(:

SoxFan76
01-11-2005, 11:20 PM
I would buy that. They better sell those outside Sox Fest. Those are sweet.

Streets
01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I'd wear it! To bad I'm stuck in Southern Indiana this weekend and can't make it up for SoxFest. Anyone want to help a gal stuck in Cubbie/Cardinal land out and send a wrist band?? :redface:

pearso66
01-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Man these wristbands are huge. Ever since livestrong came out, everyone and their brother is making them.

MERPER
01-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Everyone: I am the biggest Sox fan alive and live in mid-Missouri at college.. no way I can come to Sox Fest this year... I would love to sport one proudly on campus however... if someone is willing, please e-mail me at jplfy2@mizzou.edu... I would be glad to send you $5 (to include shipping and a little thank you) if you get me one and send it to me at school.. thanks fellow Sox fans!

doublem23
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Wow... I may have to drive up to Chicago for one night after all. :cool:

I hope I don't have to work Friday night. :tongue:

Whitesox029
01-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Plans to further market the wristbands will be announced prior to Opening Day. At present, they will be available only at SoxFest this weekend.

This is really a great idea by whoever thought of it. I am buying 5! I thought of it actually...It just so happens that other people also did...I thought of it when I saw one of my friends (who hails from Boston) with a band that says RED SOX NATION. I thought it would be cool to do that type of thing, only with the right color Sox. I never thought to hook it to Sox charities. That makes a lot of sense. I hope I can still get one even though I'm not goin to SoxFest. Maybe they'll sell them at the ballpark during the season.

jake27
01-12-2005, 12:48 AM
im gonna get one of those for sure!

BLRMKRdave
01-12-2005, 07:10 AM
If someone could buy a batch of these I would like to buy 3 or 4. Payment through Paypal ok? Email dkovich@yahoo.com to get more info.

~BLRMKRdave

mcfish
01-12-2005, 07:34 AM

Then exit I-80 at I-90 (Bishop Ford) and go north.
Remind me not to follow those directions. I-90 at that point is the Skyway, I-57 is just I-57 with no name and you won't see it if you take I-90 from Indianapolis, and both the Bishop Ford and the Dan Ryan are different sections of I-94. Bishop Ford runs from I-80 to the merge of I-57 and I-94 (I-57 ends there), and the Dan Ryan starts there and runs until you hit the circle interchange.

Don't know if anyone cares, but I thought it might be helpful for some.

Uncle_Patrick
01-12-2005, 08:17 AM
This things look pretty sweet. I plan on buying a few, if I can. If I have some extras, I'll post something for the people who can't make it to SoxFest.

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Remind me not to follow those directions. I-90 at that point is the Skyway, I-57 is just I-57 with no name and you won't see it if you take I-90 from Indianapolis, and both the Bishop Ford and the Dan Ryan are different sections of I-94. Bishop Ford runs from I-80 to the merge of I-57 and I-94 (I-57 ends there), and the Dan Ryan starts there and runs until you hit the circle interchange.

Don't know if anyone cares, but I thought it might be helpful for some.
You're right! The Bishop Ford is I-94 and not I-90.

voodoochile
01-12-2005, 08:55 AM
You're right! The Bishop Ford is I-94 and not I-90.
Yes, and well the Skyway is a toll road, it is also faster than taking the other route.

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Yes, and well the Skyway is a toll road, it is also faster than taking the other route.
This is also true, and you can reach the Skyway by taking I-65 to the Indiana Toll Road and go West. The Indiana Toll Road becomes the Skyway at the state line, needless to say.

Brian26
01-12-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm blown away at the positive response for these things. I like wearing a watch, and although I think it's a cool idea, I'd probably never actually wear one of these wristbands on my other wrist.

mjharrison72
01-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I certainly hope those go on sale so I can show my pride and help out CWSC. Too many people here in DC have the Lance Armstrong bracelets, and I really am not the biggest fan. He dumped his wife who stood by him while he recovered from cancer for Sheryl Crowe! What a jerk!

Also, those bracelets can be confused with the yellow "do not resuscitate" bracelets hospitals put on terminal patients... no such confusion with the Sox Pride bracelets.

chisoxmike
01-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Maybe I'll be cool now if I wear a wristband like that.:rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm sure I will pick up a few extra, so those of you that would like one, feel free to drop my a PM. I only ask for payment to cover the wrist band and shipping. Im not looking to make any money off my fellow Sox family.

AZChiSoxFan
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
This things look pretty sweet. I plan on buying a few, if I can. If I have some extras, I'll post something for the people who can't make it to SoxFest.
Please do so. I think there will be a big response from those of us who don't live near Chicago, but would like to have one.

voodoochile
01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
This is also true, and you can reach the Skyway by taking I-65 to the Indiana Toll Road and go West. The Indiana Toll Road becomes the Skyway at the state line, needless to say.
And that one IS I-90.

eshunn2001
01-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I'd wear it! To bad I'm stuck in Southern Indiana this weekend and can't make it up for SoxFest. Anyone want to help a gal stuck in Cubbie/Cardinal land out and send a wrist band?? :redface:if you're HOTT I will personally deliver it to you. If not... Seriously though, if anyone wants one who can't make it to SoxFest, I am Tenativley schedueled to Fly out to Chicago Friday night to Attend Saturday and Sunday, I would be happy to mail them out to anyone. Only problem is I may be stuck here in California this weekend on buisness. And if do not go one of my good buddy will be there Saturday and I am sure he could pick a few up. Email me or IM @ Soxbears2001@yahoo.com.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2005, 11:07 AM
im getting 2.... one for each arm!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

joe250
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Maybe I'll be cool now if I wear a wristband like that.:rolleyes:
I swear, about half of my extended family was wearing the "live strong" wristbands during the Christmas party this year. I see them EVERYWHERE. It's for a good cause and all, but...

When I saw that the Sox are going to try and capitalize on this fad I just shook my head.

HawkDJ
01-12-2005, 12:04 PM
As much as I love the White Sox and supporting charities, I refuse to wear one of these things (or the 50,000 other wristbands out). It's become too much of a fashion trend and not enough about supporting good causes. I'd rather just donate $2. But to each his own.

eshunn2001
01-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I swear, about half of my extended family was wearing the "live strong" wristbands during the Christmas party this year. I see them EVERYWHERE. It's for a good cause and all, but...

When I saw that the Sox are going to try and capitalize on this fad I just shook my head.
If you were a buisness owner wouldn't you capitalize on it?

Palehose13
01-12-2005, 12:25 PM
If you were a buisness owner wouldn't you capitalize on it?
But who is actually capitalizing?

It's for charity. I donate to two charities each month...it comes directly out of my paycheck, but how many people do? If you do, great. However, White Sox charities will probably make more money at SoxFest this year doing this than just asking for donations.

If a charity spends a quarter making these things and sells them relatively cheap (I think they can get $5 for them) that's a pretty big profit and it benefits a charitable cause...so what's the harm.

Besides, the bracelets aren't a new idea. Tons of organizations sell products as a way of fundraising. (Heck, one of the oldest one I can remember are the "poppies" sold by vets)

I like the bracelets and I will be happy to display my Sox Pride.

gosox41
01-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I certainly hope those go on sale so I can show my pride and help out CWSC. Too many people here in DC have the Lance Armstrong bracelets, and I really am not the biggest fan. He dumped his wife who stood by him while he recovered from cancer for Sheryl Crowe! What a jerk!

On a different note of people who don't come off sounding as jerks ( I mean Armstrong), Tim McGraw offers a baseball bracelet that is white with the red stitching on it for a minimum $5 donation. All money goes to support families of cancer patients I believe.

For those who don't know, Tim's father is former relief pitcher Tug McGraw who died of cancer.

For those want information on it let me know. I'll dig up the website.

Bob

eshunn2001
01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
But who is actually capitalizing?

It's for charity. I donate to two charities each month...it comes directly out of my paycheck, but how many people do? If you do, great. However, White Sox charities will probably make more money at SoxFest this year doing this than just asking for donations.

If a charity spends a quarter making these things and sells them relatively cheap (I think they can get $5 for them) that's a pretty big profit and it benefits a charitable cause...so what's the harm.

Besides, the bracelets aren't a new idea. Tons of organizations sell products as a way of fundraising. (Heck, one of the oldest one I can remember are the "poppies" sold by vets)

I like the bracelets and I will be happy to display my Sox Pride.

Good point

SoxFanTillDeath
01-12-2005, 01:38 PM
I wonder if anyone out there is looking for a quick buck, they ought to buy a bunch of them, then sell them to WSI faithfuls? I'd definitely wear one 24/7, but I am helping run a b-ball tourney which is held on campus here at my college, so there's no way I can sneak out and get to SoxFest. If anyone hears of a way to get them before the season starts, let me know.

ccorbett@victoryingrace.org

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2005, 02:22 PM
I just read in the SunTimes that the other team will also be doing the same thing for their Fest. :angry:

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I just read in the SunTimes that the other team will also be doing the same thing for their Fest. :angry:"Cubs Pride"
Guys...those things wont sell
unless it says "Wrigley Pride" on it :bandance: *Zing!*

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
"Cubs Pride"
unless it says "Wrigley Pride" on it :bandance: *Zing!*
Its going to say:

Believe

DC Sox Fan
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Too many people here in DC have the Lance Armstrong bracelets
No joke. I've seen them across the country, but nowhere as prominent as here. It's unreal.

It's become too much of a fashion trendI disagree. I believe these wristbands will surpass the staying power of pogs, and even slap bracelets. Wait a minute! Sox Pride slap bracelets?!?! Time to go down to the patent office...

jabrch
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I just read in the SunTimes that the other team will also be doing the same thing for their Fest. :angry:
They might look like this... http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/7127517377jpg

Shingotime!!
01-12-2005, 03:16 PM
if you're HOTT I will personally deliver it to you. If not... Seriously though, if anyone wants one who can't make it to SoxFest, I am Tenativley schedueled to Fly out to Chicago Friday night to Attend Saturday and Sunday, I would be happy to mail them out to anyone. Only problem is I may be stuck here in California this weekend on buisness. And if do not go one of my good buddy will be there Saturday and I am sure he could pick a few up. Email me or IM @ Soxbears2001@yahoo.com. Thanks, i sent u an email.

I want Mags back
01-12-2005, 03:16 PM

This is really a great idea by whoever thought of it. I am buying 5! http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2005/01/11/RFfxBHMN.gif
So much better looking then the Yello everyone bought for Armstrong

zach074
01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
The Cubs ones should say not a chance.

Uncle_Patrick
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
The Cubs one should be a noose.

I want Mags back
01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Also, those bracelets can be confused with the yellow "do not resuscitate" bracelets hospitals put on terminal patients... no such confusion with the Sox Pride bracelets.Or yellow holocaust Bractlets. Stick w/ black

If any is going to Sox Fest and would be willing to pick one up for me, send me an e-mail to dblarnotoff@Aol.com. I have paypal or I send cash, which ever you prefer.

i cant get up to Sox Fest this wekend, it sucks I really want to go.

jenmcm76
01-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I'll have to wear it next to my Illinois "Loyalty" wristband...

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store/Vendor180/fullscale/2599779LOYALTY-c.jpg

jabrch
01-12-2005, 03:31 PM

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2005, 03:31 PM
my 8 year old brother: Thats awsome! its a white sox livestrong!!

eshunn2001
01-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Now, That is very funny stuff right there, But if we could only teach the morons how to use them.

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Now, That is very funny stuff right there, But if we could only teach the morons how to use them.
Just tell them its a rally rope and that it goes around the neck. :redneck

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2005, 03:41 PM
http://www.allthingschristmas.com/crafts/pics/bracelet-1b.jpgCubs fan: SUPER!!!!! (with a lisp that is)

Cowch44
01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I wish I could get one somehow, I already wear a ton of things on my wrist, but there's ALWAYS room for a Sox one.

Uncle_Patrick
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Just tell the Cubs fans that they'll be doing what their favorite team did in the 2003 Playoffs: Choking

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 10:13 AM
As much as I love the White Sox and supporting charities, I refuse to wear one of these things (or the 50,000 other wristbands out). It's become too much of a fashion trend and not enough about supporting good causes. I'd rather just donate $2. But to each his own.
Thank you, I've been saying that for months now. Everyone has been telling me to get one of those damn "Live Stong" things, I refuse to. I tell everybody its a fashion trend and I want no part of it, people reply by saying "So you dont want to give money to charity?" Please.

champagne030
01-13-2005, 11:47 AM
"Cubs Pride"
unless it says "Wrigley Pride" on it :bandance: *Zing!*or "something" pride in a rainbow pattern.....

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 01:02 PM
or "something" pride in a rainbow pattern.....
*ahem*

gay does not equal cub fan. Call me anything you want, but never a cub fan!

Buon Pasqua
01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
hey, i'm a sox fan with two strikes against me: 1) i'm unemployed and
2)i live in "lakeview."
I can't budget soxfest into my weekend, but I'd gladly pay someone double face value for one of those wristbands, which i would wear proudly through my neighborhood, perhaps along with my "Cubs Magic Number 911" T-shirt.
Email me if you wanna help a (sox) brother out. Oh yeah, i should add if anyone knows of places looking for editors, writers, or PR flaks, let me know too.

eshunn2001
01-13-2005, 03:10 PM
hey, i'm a sox fan with two strikes against me: 1) i'm unemployed and
2)i live in "lakeview."
I can't budget soxfest into my weekend, but I'd gladly pay someone double face value for one of those wristbands, which i would wear proudly through my neighborhood, perhaps along with my "Cubs Magic Number 911" T-shirt.
Email me if you wanna help a (sox) brother out. Oh yeah, i should add if anyone knows of places looking for editors, writers, or PR flaks, let me know too.
Email me if you want one I have gotten a few emails, Form like 5 or 6 people. I will be mor ethan happy to mail you one. Send me 2.37 via paypal.(to pay for shipping) I refuse to make money off a fellow sox fan. If i do not go I still ahve someone going who is picking up 10 to 15 for me.

I want Mags back
01-13-2005, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Palehose13]

If a charity spends a quarter making these things and sells them relatively cheap (I think they can get $5 for them) that's a pretty big profit and it benefits a charitable cause...so what's the harm. QUOTE]

I think theyre only $2

Realist
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
So much better looking then the Yello everyone bought for Armstrong
When those things first sprang onto the American landscape, I didn't know what the hell they were and I kept asking people, "So what's with the flea collar?"

EMel9281
01-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Then exit I-80 at I-94 (Bishop Ford) and go north.
EDIT: The Bishop Ford is I-94, not I-90!
Or a way with less traffic, but a bit more expensive b/c of tolls is...

Take I-65 North to I-90 (Indiana Toll Road)
Pay $.15 toll.
Take I-90 West toward Chicago
Pay $.50 toll.
Merge onto the Skyway.
Pay $2.00 toll.
The Skyway merges into the Dan Ryan as it ends.
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in...

Foulke29
01-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi all! I have a newborn son that's less than two months old, so there's no travelling for me this weekend - especially with the dump of bad weather we received. If someone would be willing to pick me up 4 (one for my dad, brother, myself and one to give to my son in the future), I'd be greatly indebted. My e-mail address is jmhalm@yahoo.com or jason.halm.h54m@statefarm.com.

I'd be happy to pay you for them via paypal or whatever means you prefer. The key really is that I saw this, and I thought, "I want my son to have it!" - being that this is available for my first son's first year of life.

I'd settle for any number of them that's four or less.

Thanks so much!

kruzer31
01-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I would not pay the extra money through ebay, it seems no one has tried calling the number. Here is what it exactly says on the package,
"To order additional wristbands call 1.312-674-1000. I have two extra though right now if anyone is interested. I live on the nw side of chicago and would be willing to sell mine for the 2 dollars i paid for them. My email is kruzer76@aol.com

See ya guys

jeff

Parrothead
01-17-2005, 11:22 PM
I am sure they will make them avaible at the ballpark too.

Rocklive99
01-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Ugh, they talked about the Cubs wristbands on SportsCenter

soxGirl14
06-11-2005, 01:54 AM
I have an extra wristband if anyone is interested. I took it out of the package only once to try it on and my wrists/arms are way too small for these things! So I put it back in the lil bag and it sealed back instantly since it was only open for maybe a minute. If anyone is interested, its the normal retail price of 2.00 and then whatever shipping would be... send me a private message!

Mr. White Sox
06-11-2005, 02:09 AM
can you get them at the ballpark?

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes you can. You should be able to get them at the same table where you can purchase Sox Split charity raffle tickets in the lower deck concourse.

TornLabrum
06-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Yes you can. You should be able to get them at the same table where you can purchase Sox Split charity raffle tickets in the lower deck concourse.

I've also seen people walking around the ball park selling them.