PDA

View Full Version : What is Harold's role with the club?

mike squires
01-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Now that he is no longer bench coach what will his role be with the team Kind of a youger Skowrin/Minnoso type that does Soxfest and charity and promotional stuff? I've got a lot of respect for Harold for stepping down when he realized it's not what he thought it would be. IT would be easy just to hang on to a job for the paycheck. What else is he gonna do. He can't be an analyst!!!

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 11:10 PM
There were people saying that Bobby Bonilla is going to be the new bench coach. Is that just ChiSoxTony speculation, or is this true?

konerko1413
01-11-2005, 11:11 PM
i believe they offered him to stay on as bench coach, but he also has the duty of working with the outfielders and assissting greg walker in anyway with hitting, i may be wrong on this but im pretty sure this is what i read

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 11:23 PM
i believe they offered him to stay on as bench coach, but he also has the duty of working with the outfielders and assissting greg walker in anyway with hitting, i may be wrong on this but im pretty sure this is what i read
I seem to recall this information as well..

soltrain21
01-11-2005, 11:25 PM
:harold
"Hell if I know, but I am bringing a pillow."

Nick@Nite
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
:ozzie

"Harold has a very important, very specific role. You see, when players dog it in the field, or when they swing for the fences instead of playing small ball, I get in their face. I'm the bad cop. My job to call them out, to challenge them. I don't care who it is. Harold's job is to be the good cop. The good cop reinforces my bad cop attitude, but encourages the player at the same time. Right Harold?"

:harold
"ZZzzzZZZzzzzzzzZZ"

:hurt
"Right, Ozzie"

SoxFan76
01-12-2005, 12:22 AM
That Bonilla story was total BS. I believe the person who posted that was banned shortly thereafter. I could be totally wrong though. A lot of trolls have been banned lately. I get them mixed up.

jordan23ventura
01-12-2005, 02:26 AM
How about just have him help with outfielders and hitting? We need the Original Pudge as our bench coach. Bring back Fisk!

popilius
01-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Right after the season, I remember reading that Baines wanted to retire for a while, but Ozzie convinced him to stay on board. Baines would have more responsibilities coaching the outfielders.

However, I don't remember reading or hearing the story from Harold's side. . .

A good question to ask at Sox Fest. . .

:gulp:

SomebodyToldMe
01-12-2005, 05:02 AM
On the official site, it says he's the bench coach. Soooooo I guess that's that? :dunno:

SpammySosa
01-12-2005, 07:27 PM
On the official site, it says he's the bench coach. Soooooo I guess that's that? :dunno:
Yeah but if you search the site a bit, you will notice they aren't always good at updating everything right away.