PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Alumni Association

Lip Man 1
01-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Folks:

Spoke with Billy Pierce today and he told me that Bill Melton and Roland Hemond have started a White Sox alumni association. Other MLB teams have already had theirs up and running for a long time including the Yankees, Tigers and Giants.

I mailed off to Bill all of the contact information that I have on former Sox players (garnered via my WSI interviews) and he said he'd give them to Roland.

In case any of you have any contact information on any former Sox players (i.e. mailing address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses) and would like to help out please e-mail me the info at:

mliptak1@ida.net

I'll make sure that Billy gets all of the information and that it will be sent along.

Billy said they are going to print newsletters every so often to let the players know what is going on with their former teammates. It'll also help to get former players together for charity events, Sox Fest and so forth.

Thanks for the help!

Lip

TornLabrum
01-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Folks:

Spoke with Billy Pierce today and he told me that Bill Melton and Roland Hemond have started a White Sox alumni association. Other MLB teams have already had theirs up and running for a long time including the Yankees, Tigers and Giants.

I mailed off to Bill all of the contact information that I have on former Sox players (garnered via my WSI interviews) and he said he'd give them to Roland.

In case any of you have any contact information on any former Sox players (i.e. mailing address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses) and would like to help out please e-mail me the info at:

mliptak1@ida.net

I'll make sure that Billy gets all of the information and that it will be sent along.

Billy said they are going to print newsletters every so often to let the players know what is going on with their former teammates. It'll also help to get former players together for charity events, Sox Fest and so forth.

Thanks for the help!

Lip
Since Billy is big with Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities (I think he actually still runs it even though he stepped down as chairman a few years ago), that's good news. The funds they raise go to Children's Memorial and Northwestern University hospitals.

I've been to a number of their annual luncheons (the next one is Monday, but I'm unable to go), and they could use more of a presence of former players.

ewokpelts
01-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Since Billy is big with Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities (I think he actually still runs it even though he stepped down as chairman a few years ago), that's good news. The funds they raise go to Children's Memorial and Northwestern University hospitals.

I've been to a number of their annual luncheons (the next one is Monday, but I'm unable to go), and they could use more of a presence of former players.monday? what time? and how much?
Gene

TornLabrum
01-12-2005, 06:53 PM
monday? what time? and how much?
Gene
Don't know, and I think you have to be invited. I got in representing the WCSF. We've donated over $60K to CBCC over the years.

MikeW
01-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Finally!!! I think that it is just a great idea for an alumni association with the White Sox. I know the Yankees have been doing this for many years as much as I dislike them, they remember their past players. The Sox organization for years ignored much of their old players and teams.

JKryl
01-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm really astonished that they haven't been keeping track of their old players, but I imagine there's quite a few. I wonder if they'll charge them an annual newsletter mailing fee?

Lip Man 1
01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Teal police? Oh teal police...where are you.

Lip