PDA

View Full Version : Another no respect sox thread

soxwon
01-11-2005, 08:49 PM
i was listening to am 1000 at 3:30 pm today, i believe doug buffone and 2 others were on.
anyhow they were talking about two boys about 8 years old at the Bulls game last night,the boys were shown on tv with their shirts off and they were pulling their shirts thru their legs, bump n grinding like an old stripper.
The guys were saying it was disgusting!!!
They then added that some day they will be (cueing a tape of a sox fan screaming loudly GO WHITE SOX) at Cellular Field, they added "HEY WHERES THE LIGUES" when we need them!!!
once again no respect for Our fans.
Showing us off as second rate scum!!

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I didn't catch that. I'm confused was it Mac, Jurko, and Harry on AM1000 or Rick Telendar, Doug Buffone, Jay-Hood on 670?

soxwon
01-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I didn't catch that. I'm confused was it Mac, Jurko, and Harry on AM1000 or Rick Telendar, Doug Buffone, Jay-Hood on 670?
i believe it was Doug Buffone and the other 2 i had the stations mixed up!!!

soxwon
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
i know it wasnt mac yurko n harry because Harrys voice is so ANNOYING.

Hangar18
01-12-2005, 10:53 AM
During the evening, I happened to have AM 1000 on, and after a couple
of hours of mildly entertaining Cub Talk, I wanted to know why they werent
talking about the SOX. The one guy, michael golic said he was a big cub
fan and hated the SOX, and had a detailed list on who they wanted on the
northside. He said "Chicago" was lucky to have a gm like hendry, and even
Kenny was good. I got sick of of them and headed over to AM670,
of course, you know what the topic was right? All Cub, with some Bulls
sprinkled in. I listened for about an hour and just put music back on ......
I thought it was summertime again ........... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I thought it was summertime again ........... :angry: :angry: :angry:Mike Golic actually said this? What a [well, I better not say it b/c I don't want to Roadhouse this thread].

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I thought it was summertime again ........... :angry: :angry: :angry:Golic was talking about something other than football?

Baby Fisk
01-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I thought it was summertime again ........... :angry: :angry: :angry:You sit there and listen to Cub talk for HOURS at a time? :o:

CDs: buy some. You can even get bands that you like. Listen to the CDs. Regain your sanity.

Tekijawa
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Who the F cares... they can buy my post season tickets from me for 5 times the price to come watch the only Chicago team playing come October... I encourage as many people to stay away from the stadium as possible because, suprise, suprise, all I used to take with me actually ENJOYED IT and I've gotten compliments from numerous out fo towners that it's actually nice stadium... I'm worried that now that they have, what I think, will be a very competitive team and once the rest of Chicago realizes that Comiskey is much nicer than the crumbling POS in the north side that I will have to wait in long lines for Nacho's and the Bathroom, just like I did half way through last season...

Baby Fisk
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Who the F cares... they can buy my post season tickets from me for 5 times the price to come watch the only Chicago team playing come October... I encourage as many people to stay away from the stadium as possible because, suprise, suprise, all I used to take with me actually ENJOYED IT and I've gotten compliments from numerous out fo towners that it's actually nice stadium... I'm worried that now that they have, what I think, will be a very competitive team and once the rest of Chicago realizes that Comiskey is much nicer than the crumbling POS in the north side that I will have to wait in long lines for Nacho's and the Bathroom, just like I did half way through last season...Not every one can get an Upper Deck to themselves (*thinks about the deserted Skydome and smiles to himself*). :cool:

Over By There
01-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Mike Golic actually said this? What a [well, I better not say it b/c I don't want to Roadhouse this thread].Actually, I heard this as well, but it was Mike O'Golnick (sp?), who is the bottom-of-the-totem-pole SportCenter Update guy (not Mike Golic from Mike & Mike in the morning). He was sitting in with Jeff Dickerson last night. The whole show was brutal, particularly O'Golnick. I wouldn't look for him to get a show anytime soon with that career-ending performance last night.

EDIT: Just checked and the correct spelling is Mike Ogulnick. He said last night that he also does Waukegan basketball games on the radio. He's a superstar!

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually, I heard this as well, but it was Mike O'Golnick (sp?), who is the bottom-of-the-totem-pole SportCenter Update guy (not Mike Golic from Mike & Mike in the morning). He was sitting in with Jeff Dickerson last night. The whole show was brutal, particularly O'Golnick. I wouldn't look for him to get a show anytime soon with that career-ending performance last night.
:reinsy
"Mr. O'Golnick, if that is your real name, your days at ESPN 1000 are numbered."

BridgePortNative
01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Actually, I heard this as well, but it was Mike O'Golnick (sp?), who is the bottom-of-the-totem-pole SportCenter Update guy (not Mike Golic from Mike & Mike in the morning). He was sitting in with Jeff Dickerson last night. The whole show was brutal, particularly O'Golnick. I wouldn't look for him to get a show anytime soon with that career-ending performance last night.

EDIT: Just checked and the correct spelling is Mike Ogulnick. He said last night that he also does Waukegan basketball games on the radio. He's a superstar!
Wow he always had good things to say to the Sox, even defending them at times. I'm shocked.:o:

Over By There
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Can't help mysefl... here is a picture of the studly Mr. Ogulnick.
http://images.radcity.net/5176/584835.jpg

Mike Ogulnick worked at Sporting News Radio for eight years before joining ESPN 1000 in October 2003 as an anchor and fill-in host. While at Sporting News Radio, Mike hosted a weekend show and voiced sports updates. He also wrote and voiced special programs which aired on the network, including "The Year in Review" and "The History of the Triple Crown".
A native of the Chicago area, Mike grew up in Schaumburg and was a Schaumburg Saxon. Following his memorable high school days, Mike graduated from Columbia College in Chicago with a degree in Radio Broadcasting.

Mike and his wife Carrie currently reside in north suburban Mundelein, where they have two energetic boys, Josh and Zach.