PDA

View Full Version : Hold on a minute!

Ol' No. 2
01-11-2005, 04:44 PM
I just checked the season schedule on the Sox website. For single game tickets, they have 19 "Prime" games - Fri-Sat-Sun after Memorial day and Opening Day. But in my season ticket package they charged Prime prices for all Fri-Sat-Sun games (27), but not opening day. Basically, they're charging Prime prices for 8 extra games. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. I wrote to my rep, and he basically said that's the price, and it's still less than if I bought them individually, which, of course, it is, but that's not the point.

Am I the first one to notice this?

Hangar18
01-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I just checked the season schedule on the Sox website. For single game tickets, they have 19 "Prime" games - Fri-Sat-Sun after Memorial day and Opening Day. But in my season ticket package they charged Prime prices for all Fri-Sat-Sun games (27), but not opening day. Basically, they're charging Prime prices for 8 extra games. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. I wrote to my rep, and he basically said that's the price, and it's still less than if I bought them individually, which, of course, it is, but that's not the point.

:reinsy Ummmm, about .....that...... I ....... ummmmmmm........
well you see..........funny you should note that ........I ummmmmmm
(Car Door Slams.....Tires Scrrreeeching away)

darklord23
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
:reinsy Ummmm, about .....that...... I ....... ummmmmmm........
well you see..........funny you should note that ........I ummmmmmm
(Car Door Slams.....Tires Scrrreeeching away)

lol

champagne030
01-11-2005, 05:02 PM

Am I the first one to notice this?are you sure they charged you for them or are you looking at the face value on the tickets? you should have been charged anywhere from $1,293 to $2,830 for a full season ticket/seat.....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/y2005/seating_pricing.jsp

Ol' No. 2
01-11-2005, 05:10 PM
are you sure they charged you for them or are you looking at the face value on the tickets? you should have been charged anywhere from $1,293 to $2,830 for a full season ticket/seat.....
They charged $2670 per seat for Premium Lower Box. The prices are based on $30/$34/$39/$44 for Regular/Prime/Premier/Cubs. The 8 extra Prime tickets added $32/seat to the total. Not a big amount, but it's the idea.

My guess is that some time after ST invoices were sent out some genius realized that they have a hard enough time getting people to come out in April and May and if they charged extra they might have more vendors than fans. So they decided to drop the Prime pricing in April and May. But giving refunds to all the season ticket holders would be a huge hassle, so they just decided to keep it the same for them.

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
They charged $2670 per seat for Premium Lower Box. The prices are based on $30/$34/$39/$44 for Regular/Prime/Premier/Cubs. The 8 extra Prime tickets added $32/seat to the total. Not a big amount, but it's the idea.

My guess is that some time after ST invoices were sent out some genius realized that they have a hard enough time getting people to come out in April and May and if they charged extra they might have more vendors than fans. So they decided to drop the Prime pricing in April and May. But giving refunds to all the season ticket holders would be a huge hassle, so they just decided to keep it the same for them.yep...that's the case...i actually am paying the SAME price as people will for bleachers in april/may...
Gene

GiveMeSox
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Looking at the seating and pricing for individual tickets it looks the same. All fri-sat-sun games prior to memorial day are still regular dates.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/index.jsp

eastchicagosoxfan
01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
This isn't directly related to this thread but............last season I think the Sox played all of one home game on a Saturday afternoon, other than a game against the Cubs. It was the Boston game featured on Fox. I'd like more Saturday afternoon games. They fit my schedule best.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 07:45 PM
This isn't directly related to this thread but............last season I think the Sox played all of one home game on a Saturday afternoon, other than a game against the Cubs. It was the Boston game featured on Fox. I'd like more Saturday afternoon games. They fit my schedule best.
Firerworks are too big of a draw for them to change them to day games.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-12-2005, 06:09 AM
Firerworks are too big of a draw for them to change them to day games.I hate fireworks.

Sad
01-12-2005, 08:50 AM
their fireworks shows rule!

but honestly, traveling in from the other side of the lake, I also prefer the Sat afternoon games.

Hangar18
01-12-2005, 09:29 AM
I hate fireworks.

:reinsy " Me Too !!! Do you know how much money I LOSE
when we Crush Home Runs on a regular basis? Good thing we got
Rid of Carlos Lee and Maggs"

Mickster
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
:reinsy " Me Too !!! Do you know how much money I LOSE
when we Crush Home Runs on a regular basis? Good thing we got
Rid of Carlos Lee and Maggs"
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2226&stc=1