PDA

View Full Version : Who's going for tickets Friday morning?

chisoxmike
01-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to see who is brave enough to stand in line for tickets Friday morning when they go on sale.

PK and Ben David will be there handing out refreshments to the crowd.

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll be there. It should be a good way for me to get my opening day tix.

"Yes..cream AND sugar, Paulie."

HomeFish
01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Sadly I have a college bowl tournament in Michigan that I have to leave for that morning. More torturously, I will have to drive by the stadium on my way there.

mweflen
01-11-2005, 02:45 PM
How late will the windows be open? I was thinking of swinging by there after work (I can be there by 5:45-6...)

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 03:13 PM
How late will the windows be open? I was thinking of swinging by there after work (I can be there by 5:45-6...)i'm guessing the window will close no later than 6
Gene

jake27
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
i doubt they will but does ne1 think tickets will be sold out for opening day friday? im goin saturday and would rather just get them then

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
i doubt they will but does ne1 think tickets will be sold out for opening day friday? im goin saturday and would rather just get them then Don't worry about it selling out on Friday. In past seasons, home opener tickets were still available a few days before the game. Although if you want good lower deck tickets, you should get them sooner rather than waiting until March or later.

DaveIsHere
01-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I will buy my from the comfort of the office.

Cat Thief
01-11-2005, 03:41 PM
It wont be any colder than the Bears/Texans game, which i froze my ass off at.

Can anyone refresh my memory on the ticket limit.

jake27
01-11-2005, 07:06 PM
is anyone going to the us cellular friday morning to get tickets? ive never done that (go to the ballpark right when tickets go on sale). how long does the line get (time wise) and any other tips or suggestions?

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43943

jabrch
01-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I assume Sox/Cubs tickets won't be sold to the general public on Friday, right?

soxwon
01-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to see who is brave enough to stand in line for tickets Friday morning when they go on sale.

PK and Ben David will be there handing out refreshments to the crowd.
OH BOY BEN DAVID LOL i need his graph to finnish my collection!!!

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I assume Sox/Cubs tickets won't be sold to the general public on Friday, right?
Right you are.

OzzieBall2004
01-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Can anyone refresh my memory on the ticket limit.
I emailed and they said the ticket limit is 19 per game. Anything higher has to go through group sales.

chisoxmike
01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
is anyone going to the us cellular friday morning to get tickets? ive never done that (go to the ballpark right when tickets go on sale). how long does the line get (time wise) and any other tips or suggestions?
I've done it for the past 3 years now, its kind of fun, talking to people in line with you, for some reason you get your dumb ass Cubs fans thinking they are getting sox/cubs tickets. Hahaha. Anyway, its usually very cold, as it WILL be on Friday. People usually get there at 5am!!!!!!! I ususally got there at 7:30ish. Yes, standing in line for 3 1/2 - 4 hours is a pain. Its what the die-hards do, or, you can get a ticket plan and bypass the line, and get good seats for opening day and sox/cubs series.

jake27
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I've done it for the past 3 years now, its kind of fun, talking to people in line with you, for some reason you get your dumb ass Cubs fans thinking they are getting sox/cubs tickets. Hahaha. Anyway, its usually very cold, as it WILL be on Friday. People usually get there at 5am!!!!!!! I ususally got there at 7:30ish. Yes, standing in line for 3 1/2 - 4 hours is a pain. Its what the die-hards do, or, you can get a ticket plan and bypass the line, and get good seats for opening day and sox/cubs series.
awesome sounds like fun! im in :dtroll:

Cat Thief
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah the dumb ass Cub fans always trying to get Cubs/Sox tickets is a good time.:tongue: Don't they read the papers?

My buddy was like 6th in line last year and tried getting 16 for opening day. The agent told him upper deck only. I was like 2nd and got 6 down below with no problems. The people after my buddy also got smaller amounts downstairs and a couple of days later there were lower deck seats still available!

If you need a large amount for opening day I would suggest breaking it down to like 8 and 8. You might get split up but, at least you won't get stuck in the upper deck.

This is just what I experienced last year. Maybe the ticket agent was still sleeping.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-11-2005, 10:55 PM
While you guys are in line in the 4 below weather, I'll be at home on my computer waiting to buy me some tickets!

As for Opening Day selling out, I highly doubt it. Two years ago I got tickets on the day of the game (Esteban Loaiza vs. the Tigers I believe).

chisoxmike
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Two years ago I got tickets on the day of the game (Esteban Loaiza vs. the Tigers I believe).
That day SUCKED! It monsooned for 2 hours, then they played. Too bad I thought the game wasn't going to be played so I headed to my car, when I got to my car I turned on the John & Ed, they said the tarp was coming off the field and the game was going to start in 45 mins.

CellBlockInmate
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I've gone to the park for tix on the day they opened for the last 4 years and each time the best tix I've got where in the upper deck. Ususally the wait is no longer than a couple hours. The line is almost gone by 11:30. At least it was last year. But I will try again this year hoping that I will get in the lower bowl one of these years on opening day.

Sarah
01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
The year of the monsoon opening day, my family went to the game with tickets scattered throughout the park. We got there, walked up and bought a new group of tickets together under the overhang on the first base side of home plate (the last few rows of seats). We had a nice dry spot to sit while everyone else waited out the rain on the very crowded concourse.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than to plan ahead. Or something like that.

-Sarah-

ChicagoHoosier
01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
or, you can get a ticket plan and bypass the line, and get good seats for opening day and sox/cubs series.I'm convinced that the ticket plan is the way to go. I mean, who doesn't want to see Opening Day, Yanks, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, and three more games? I'm still trying to figure out how to get better seats, since the infield seats appear to be sold out already. But lower box reserved for nine games and no waiting in line and no Ticketmaster fee is the way to go.

Who doesn't want to try to hit at least nine games this year? As well as hit several more on Monday or Tuesday night?

soxwon
01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
so for opening day how much will bleacher seats cost?

South Side
01-12-2005, 09:28 PM
This may be redundant, but do the Cubs series' tickets go on sale Friday as well or do they release those at a later date?

Brian26
01-12-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm convinced that the ticket plan is the way to go. I mean, who doesn't want to see Opening Day, Yanks, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, and three more games? ....Who doesn't want to try to hit at least nine games this year? As well as hit several more on Monday or Tuesday night?
Thanks for the post, Brooks.

Mohoney
01-12-2005, 10:09 PM
God, that game was brutal. We actually had to put our beer in the car to keep it from freezing. The Polish Sausage and Bratwurst took forever to cook, too.

Foulke You
01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
This may be redundant, but do the Cubs series' tickets go on sale Friday as well or do they release those at a later date?
Everything I've heard indicates those tickets will only be available to the ticket plan people which is really lame. I imagine if the games have tickets available in May or June, they may release some extras to the masses. Just speculation.

MUsoxfan
01-12-2005, 11:08 PM
If we're gonna wait in line during the cold weather....we should have some Irish coffee. I'll bring the Jameson...who's got the coffee?:smile:

jake27
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
If we're gonna wait in line during the cold weather....we should have some Irish coffee. I'll bring the Jameson...who's got the coffee?:smile:
the sox website says davis and pauly will b handing out "dunkin donuts refreshments". so they may have that coffee covered