PDA

View Full Version : Guess their drinks...

Tekijawa
01-11-2005, 08:51 AM
In light of the up coming Sox fest and the possibilities that you may encounter a player at the bar, I think it would be fun to guess or assign drinks to a few players.... Here are a few of my guesses

Garland - Strawberry Daiquiri
Buehrly - Busch Beer in a can
Rowand - Jack on the rocks

BigEdWalsh
01-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Shingo: Slo Gin Fizz

Rocky Soprano
01-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Freddy Garcia: Corona

Baby Fisk
01-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Contreras & El Duque = Cristal Beer (cuban), seeing as they would find American major labels to be too watery. :cool:

IlliniSox
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
A-Row enjoys Cuervo, I know from my birthday in Boston, September 12, 2002.

champagne030
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
In light of the up coming Sox fest and the possibilities that you may encounter a player at the bar, I think it would be fun to guess or assign drinks to a few players.... Here are a few of my guesses

Garland - Strawberry Daiquiri
Buehrly - Busch Beer in a can
Rowand - Jack on the rocksi have actually hung out with a few of the players in the past...

i've seen garland at a bar only once and it was with his dad and they didn't drink alcohol. i'll cut him some slack since he was with his dad, but 10-15 other players were there and he didn't speak to any of them (i think he's somewhat of a loner on the team, but that's just an impression since i've never asked).

buehrle - likes to party...(this is another thread, but he's, by far, the most friendly player i've ever met.) mostly tap lite, but if it's a shot, it's jack.
rowand - stoli and red bull (no kidding).
slick willie - soco and coke (a-row and willie are really tight, if you can believe that).
big frank - kettle one on the rocks.
paulie - tap beer and jack, if it's a shot (buehrle, d-bauch and pk were best buds 2 years ago).

i've never really seen the latin players out much.....este and mags would come out and have mixed drinks, not sure what was mixed into the cola. i've heard that freddy and ozzie are big fan's of the corona.

:gulp:

Flight #24
01-11-2005, 10:52 AM
rowand - stoli and red bull (no kidding).

That's a bigtime Vegas drink - combined with the extra o2, keeps you going (and gambling).

Hopefully that's not an indication of how ARow's spending the offseason!

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Shingo = Sapporo and Kiriin (only Japanese Beers that I've had in the States)

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
That's a bigtime Vegas drink - combined with the extra o2, keeps you going (and gambling).

Quite a few of us drink that here in Milwaukee...but usually it's a warm-up drink.

ozzman
01-11-2005, 10:58 AM
mostly tap lite thats surprising being from missouri and all with the busch/bud monopoly down there

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
I also wonder if Pods became addicted to Pabst during his stay in Milwaukee. PBR ME ASAP.

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Freddy Garcia: CoronaFreddy is Venezuelan so he would drink Polar Beer (Venezuela) and not necessarily Corona (Mexico). However, Polar Beer cannot be found in this country anymore, so I guess Freddy would have to settle for Corona.

As for Buehrle, I would guess Budweiser.

Tekijawa
01-11-2005, 11:05 AM

This is one of the most dangerous drinks I've ever had!!! I was loaded, my head spinning with all kinds of "great" drunken ideas and what was worse was that I had more than enough energy to follow through with them because of the Red Bull... the next day I woke up with my boxers on the outside of my jeans $16 Dollars in Lottery Tickets in my pockets my shirt from the night before in the refrigerator and numerous other question marks that could be answered by the given evidence... needless to say I now limit myself to One Red Bull and Vodka at most for the night...

Flight #24
01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
This is one of the most dangerous drinks I've ever had!!! I was loaded, my head spinning with all kinds of "great" drunken ideas and what was worse was that I had more than enough energy to follow through with them because of the Red Bull... the next day I woke up with my boxers on the outside of my jeans $16 Dollars in Lottery Tickets in my pockets my shirt from the night before in the refrigerator and numerous other question marks that could be answered by the given evidence... needless to say I now limit myself to One Red Bull and Vodka at most for the night...
Yeah, it can be deadly. I hit Vegas once a year with some buddies for a 36-48hr marathon, and as we've aged, we've started to recognize the value of RedBull+vodka alternated with water. Keeps you on a nice level buzz for an extended period without getting too wasted. It is a hard fall from a fatigue perspective if/when you eventually head to bed, but it's a nice ride.

Red Bull probably did wonders for the profitability in Vegas (not that it was ever hurting).

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it can be deadly. I hit Vegas once a year with some buddies for a 36-48hr marathon, and as we've aged, we've started to recognize the value of RedBull+vodka alternated with water. Keeps you on a nice level buzz for an extended period without getting too wasted. It is a hard fall from a fatigue perspective if/when you eventually head to bed, but it's a nice ride.

Red Bull probably did wonders for the profitability in Vegas (not that it was ever hurting).
Red Bull and Vodka has been banned at a lot of bars around here due to some kids getting killed from over indulgance.

champagne030
01-11-2005, 11:19 AM
thats surprising being from missouri and all with the busch/bud monopoly down therei hung out with him twice in kc and both times he responded the same way. he said lite if it was beer and jack if they got shots.....both times he came over and bs'd with us for a while and then bought us a round in return. you would never know he was a mlb player by the way he acts.....he doesn't get down to mizzurah often, (that state will always be known to me as that, since they say illi-noise"), but during the offseason that's where he hangs (according to him).

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 11:25 AM
I also wonder if Pods became addicted to Pabst during his stay in Milwaukee. PBR ME ASAP.
Not too many people drink that here. It's pretty much a Miller or small brewery town.

SoxxoS
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Red Bull and Vodka has been banned at a lot of bars around here due to some kids getting killed from over indulgance.
I don't know about it being banned, but people getting killed due to over indulgance is just a wives tale.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/33/1728_82596

Yeah, like anything else..if you go overboard...and/or have a medical condition...it can kill you. But not by itself.

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know about it being banned, but people getting killed due to over indulgance is just a wives tale.

Yeah, like anything else..if you go overboard...and/or have a medical condition...it can kill you. But not by itself.

No, seriously. Not a lot but maybe a 1/3 of the bars here won't serve Red Bull at all since kids died.

Tekijawa
01-11-2005, 11:39 AM

There's nothing wrong with over indulgance, if it's done in moderation!:gulp:

Mots09
01-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I am sure Shingo enjoys a Saki Bomb every now and again...

davenicholson
01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Not too many people drink that here. It's pretty much a Miller or small brewery town.
SPRECHER'S!!! Especially their Heffe Weizen and Porter!

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 12:06 PM
SPRECHER'S!!! Especially their Heffe Weizen and Porter!Sprecher, New Glaurs, Lakefront, etc... Used to be Leinie's and Point too, but those have gotten a little more popular to be considered local brews.

Iwritecode
01-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Rowand - too much

Him hugging Loaiza and saying "I love you man" last year in the bar at Soxfest.

Funniest moment of the whole weekend. :D:

SoxFan48
01-11-2005, 12:13 PM
This board is running out of stuff to talk about.:smile:

LASOXFAN
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Freddy is Venezuelan so he would drink Polar Beer (Venezuela) and not necessarily Corona (Mexico). However, Polar Beer cannot be found in this country anymore, so I guess Freddy would have to settle for Corona.

As for Buehrle, I would guess Budweiser.
How did you know about Polar? That's interesting. It's a great beer. Perhaps he would be drinking Cacique rum, another national drink in Venezuela.

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Lakefront, etc...

PH13....we should organize a Lakefront Brewery tour for the exhibition games. It's essentially $5 for the pint glass and about all the beer you can drink. (Please tell me you've done that tour before)

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
PH13....we should organize a Lakefront Brewery tour for the exhibition games. It's essentially $5 for the pint glass and about all the beer you can drink. (Please tell me you've done that tour before)I haven't, but I know lots who have and I think I subconsciously stay away cause I know how I will walk, er...I mean stumble...um...crawl out of there. ;)

However, it is a great idea!

Jjav829
01-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Please Bring Spring Training Soon

This board is running out of stuff to talk about.:smile:
My thoughts exactly.

When we're down to discussing what drinks players like, you know we've hit a dull point. Come on Kenny, make a move!

whitesoxwilkes
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
My thoughts exactly.

When we're down to discussing what drinks players like, you know we've hit a dull point. Come on Kenny, make a move! :KW

"Pass the Courvoisier."

34 Inch Stick
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Contreras & El Duque = Cristal Beer (cuban), seeing as they would find American major labels to be too watery. :cool:
How about a Cuba Libre instead.

StillMissOzzie
01-11-2005, 02:18 PM
SPRECHER'S!!! Especially their Heffe Weizen and Porter!
and they make a darn good root beer, too!

SMO
:gulp:

RichFitztightly
01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
How about a Cuba Libre instead.
Rum and Coke with Lime?

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
How did you know about Polar? That's interesting. It's a great beer. Perhaps he would be drinking Cacique rum, another national drink in Venezuela.
Up until a few years ago, Polar Beer was available in South Florida where a large Venezuelan population (including Fredo) lives.

StockdaleForVeep
01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
t'were magglio still here, id think his drink would be ginger ale or wine spritzer

34 Inch Stick
01-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Rum and Coke with Lime?
They are both from Cuba and had to sought asylum in the US. It seemed like the most appropriate drink for those two.

fed ex 4 pasqua
01-11-2005, 06:47 PM
kw = absolut mandarin on the rocks

guillen4life13
01-11-2005, 07:18 PM

Red Bull probably did wonders for the profitability in Vegas (not that it was ever hurting).I have dirt, and I'm not giving you any!

CallMeNuts
01-11-2005, 07:20 PM
PH13....we should organize a Lakefront Brewery tour for the exhibition games. It's essentially $5 for the pint glass and about all the beer you can drink. (Please tell me you've done that tour before)I can't find anything about the exhibition games on either the Sox or Brewers websites. According to schedules on both sites, there are no games on April 1-3. I hope they play again, but I haven't see anything official. Can you point me to any official info? Thanks from a fellow MU alum.

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I can't find anything about the exhibition games on either the Sox or Brewers websites. According to schedules on both sites, there are no games on April 1-3. I hope they play again, but I haven't see anything official. Can you point me to any official info? Thanks from a fellow MU alum.
I guess the idea has only been floated around between the two teams and I personally believe it's more likely than not to happen. They'll probably announce the games right around the start of Spring Training.

soxwon
01-11-2005, 07:34 PM
i hope everyone is going to CONTINUEOSLY bother these Guys as they drink?

show some respect!!!

i know alot of fans will act as if they are seeing a supermodel , and gawk.

soxwon
01-11-2005, 07:38 PM
I can't find anything about the exhibition games on either the Sox or Brewers websites. According to schedules on both sites, there are no games on April 1-3. I hope they play again, but I haven't see anything official. Can you point me to any official info? Thanks from a fellow MU alum.
heres the scoop- no the games are not on any schedule!!!
i was on the phone with the Miller pk Box office, actually talking to the man in charge of tickets.
He said he BELIEVES, they will add 2 games april 1-2 vs the white sox.
So hopefully he is getting his info right!!!
he wrote me today and said if this happens it will be put on the Brewers website as soon as it is announced.

Whitesox029
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I think Conteras and Hernandez will stick to those Long Island Iced teas they've been drinking.

ozzman
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
ok, everyone is talking about what the sox are drinking, but lets get down to details. who is going to be drinking at the hyatt this weekend? I can make it friday night, but probably not saturday night.

mike squires
01-11-2005, 09:29 PM
If you see Harold at the bar...get him a water...lemon slice is optional.

Uribe=MVP
01-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Who the **** cares?

Nick@Nite
01-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I saw a couple references to what KW might drink. I for one am hoping that that he doesn't drink at all... if you get my drift.

:KW
"Nick, I've learned my lesson after the Todd Ritchie deal. O'Douls anyone?"

OzzieBall2004
01-11-2005, 11:05 PM
No, seriously. Not a lot but maybe a 1/3 of the bars here won't serve Red Bull at all since kids died.
Not true. I've been a lot of places, and I've never been somewhere that didn't serve it.

First of all most, places charge 6 and up for one, so if they didn't sell them theyd be missing out.

Secondly, All the stories about "kids" OD'ing are total BS. Do you really think our big brother government would go this long not banning something that was killing people? Look at how they handled ephedra. A few people died or had heart attacks and it was gone.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Ozzie Guillen - whole bottle of Jose Cuervo

Foulke You
01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
As long as we are on the alcohol subject at the Hyatt this weekend, is the main bar the one that overlooks the lobby area? Or is there another one? I had a couple beers at the one near the lobby last year on Friday and despite being crowded, I didn't see any players there. They had this lounge singin crooner playing there too.

Jeremy
01-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Darrin Jackson - 2 shots of Absinthe before each telecast.

MeanFish
01-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Darrin Jackson - 2 shots of Absinthe before each telecast. :DJ:
"What are those ninjas doing in the outfield?"

RichFitztightly
01-12-2005, 12:21 PM
They are both from Cuba and had to sought asylum in the US. It seemed like the most appropriate drink for those two.
I'm not arguing, just making sure I have my bar knowledge up to snuff. Though the few Cubans I actually met were very adamant that nothing get mixed into their rum.

eshunn2001
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM

In hollywood it is now Rockstar and Vodka, Red bull and Vodka is sooooooooo last week.

ewokpelts
01-12-2005, 04:14 PM
:DJ:
"What are those ninjas doing in the outfield?"LOL!

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2005, 10:24 PM
As long as we are on the alcohol subject at the Hyatt this weekend, is the main bar the one that overlooks the lobby area? Or is there another one? I had a couple beers at the one near the lobby last year on Friday and despite being crowded, I didn't see any players there. They had this lounge singin crooner playing there too.
That is known as the BIG Bar or the atrium bar, and it's considered the main bar of the hotel. Players may stop there and so do drink, but other players go out elsewhere.