PDA

View Full Version : Cubune writer SLAMS Hendry.

santo=dorf
01-11-2005, 12:55 AM
I can't believe they are going to print this. :o:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050110cubsrowcorner,1,221101.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Something Drcrawdad mentioned in another thread:
Remember all that talk about how players would be breaking down the Wrigley Field doors to play for Dusty Baker?

Well, Baker likely destroyed that trust on the last day of the season when he snitched on Sosa leaving early. Who wants to play for a manager who will tattle-tale on his biggest star when the heat gets turned up?

DrCrawdad
01-11-2005, 01:08 AM
I can't believe they are going to print this. :o:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050110cubsrowcorner,1,221101.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Something Drcrawdad mentioned in another thread:

Hey, I'm getting some rightly deserved props, finally...

I emailed some of the local sports talk shows today with my comments/questions about Dusty being the much ballyhooed player magnet. I didn't hear them mention the email.

...And in their evil offices atop Tribune Towers this was heard...
http://www.westdivots.org/giveup.jpg
STEPHEN NIDETZ, DEAD MAN!

hose
01-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Kuddos with coming up with the pen name of Stephen Nidetz there Hangar18.

Nick@Nite
01-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Remember all that talk about how players would be breaking down the Wrigley Field doors to play for Dusty Baker?

Well, Baker likely destroyed that trust on the last day of the season when he snitched on Sosa leaving early. Who wants to play for a manager who will tattle-tale on his biggest star when the heat gets turned up?

Who wants to be teammates with selfish players like Sosa?

gosox41
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Quote:

Who wants to be teammates with selfish players like Sosa?
:maggs

As long as they have money and want to pay me and my 1 good knee a lot of money I'll be teammates with the devil himself.

Bob

Mickster
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
:maggs

As long as they have money and want to pay me and my 1 good knee a lot of money I'll be teammates with the devil himself.

Bob:borass:
You called.....?

Hitmen77
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I expect that Stephen Nidetz will be spending the rest of this week at "Attitude Adjustment Training" at the Tribune Tower. He will be forced to listen to a continuous track of "Go Cubs Go" while he is "re-educated" about all the great things about the Cubs franchise and all of Cub-dom. This training will conclude with a "refresher" on all things bad about the hated White Sox. Included in this refresher will be statistics about the steepness of USCF's upper deck, the public's total disinterest in the Sox, and the current whereabouts of William Ligue.

He will re-emerge next week ready to gush about how players will be getting in line to be a part of Chicago's - no, America's lovefest with the Cubbies. The idea of speculating about a Maggs-Cubs union will seem irresistible to him.

maurice
01-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I emailed some of the local sports talk shows today with my comments/questions about Dusty being the much ballyhooed player magnet. I didn't hear them mention the email.
North read your e-mail this morning. Don't ask me why I know this. :redface:

DrCrawdad
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
North read your e-mail this morning. Don't ask me why I know this. :redface:

I missed it. I sleep in after working late last night.

Here's what I wrote...

Do you remember when in 2002 Jim Hendry said, "You have to remember, everyone wants to play for Dusty." Then everyone was saying how all the top players would be coming to the Cubs.

I-Rod last year and the Beltran this year cruising right past the Cubs. When
exactly are these top free-agents going to sign with the Cubbies because
they want to play for Dusty?

Hey, hey everybody! Darren Lewis, Tom Goodwin & Lenny Harris are some of the big names that Dusty Baker has lured to the Cubs!

- DrCrawdad

hose
01-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I missed it. I sleep in after working late last night.

Here's what I wrote...
Hey Crawdad how's the job coming along?