PDA

View Full Version : "carmine derriere"

santo=dorf
01-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I just got done reading Hal's latest article (nice job BTW,) but doesn't Hawk use the term "carmine derriere" for benchwarmers? :?:

voodoochile
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
I just got done reading Hal's latest article (nice job BTW,) but doesn't Hawk use the term "carmine derriere" for benchwarmers? :?:
:hawk
"No you're thinking of my other favorite term El Bootie del splintero..."

StillMissOzzie
01-11-2005, 12:02 AM
No, he uses it the term to mean a hothead; someone easily agitated and/or ready to throw down.

SMO
:gulp:

johnny_mostil
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
No, he uses it the term to mean a hothead; someone easily agitated and/or ready to throw down.

It's a broadcast euphemism for "red a**". The plain form is an extremely old baseball expression for somebody who is 100% Type A zero-BS serious. It's got nothing to do with the bench.

Think Carlton Fisk. The day he chewed out Deion for not running out a popup is the epitome of being an RA.

Doug

Brian26
01-11-2005, 10:30 PM
It's a broadcast euphemism for "red a**". The plain form is an extremely old baseball expression for somebody who is 100% Type A zero-BS serious. It's got nothing to do with the bench.

Think Carlton Fisk. The day he chewed out Deion for not running out a popup is the epitome of being an RA.

Doug
Great explanation. It's not a bad thing at all, although it could be. Just a guy who doesn't take any ****.

Nick@Nite
01-11-2005, 10:51 PM
:kermit

"carmine derriere?"

Jerko
01-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I think I'd rather be called a hothead than a carmine derriere.

Chez
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Hawk said the same thing about Terry Bevington the day he was named Gene Lamont's successor. His exact words were, "Boomer's [Bevington] got the pinkie [r.a.]." At the time I thought it was pretty funny. Hopefully, A.J. works out better than Bevington.