PDA

View Full Version : How far will they go?

Uribe=MVP
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Where do they finish 2005?

eshunn2001
01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Where they always finish, It could be Oakland (80's - early 90's), Cleveland or Minnesota, So expect yet another 2nd place finish. Hopefully Ozzie could get his fellow countrymen Johan Santana to sign with the Sox in a couple years.

veeter
01-10-2005, 07:03 PM
This has to be the year doesn't it? The injury carma is due to go our way. The staff is the best (on paper) in years. Frank may be the key.

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Ozzie could get his fellow countrymen Johan Santana to sign with the Sox in a couple years.
Hopefully Johan was last year's Esteban. I wouldn't mind a sub-.500 record from him this year

MRKARNO
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Hopefully Johan was last year's Esteban. I wouldn't mind a sub-.500 record from him this year
He wasnt. Look at his past numbers and then compare to Loaiza's pre 2003 numbers. Santana is younger and has a track record of success. The only question is whether he is the best pitcher in baseball year in and year out or merely a solid number one next year.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Hopefully Johan was last year's Esteban. I wouldn't mind a sub-.500 record from him this yearSantana is good, but I doubt he has another season as good as he was last year. It just happens so rarely in baseball. He may win lots of games, but he won't be as dominating. He'll be beatable this year.
I expect the Sox to finish in first, provided they stay healthy. Any type of significant injuries, the division is up for grabs. If the healthy Sox make the playoffs, anything can happen, but I'll wait until September before I start thinking about October.

lths06
01-10-2005, 08:00 PM
If I see another one of these threads I'm going to

:chunks (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
If I see another one of these threads I'm going to

:chunks (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)
the season REALLY needs to start.
these "prediction" threads are to redundant:rolleyes:

rwcescato
01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I see baby steps. We win the division this year and advance 1 round only to lose in the alcs to the dreaded Yankees. But it is exciting because we do win our first games at home in the playoffs since 1959 and our first playoff series win since the champioship season of 1917.
GO SOX!!!!
Rich:supernana:

Uribe=MVP
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
This is my second day here, I just wanted to get a quick barometer of how the people here view the Sox for 2005. No need to puke up your internal organs.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
This is my second day here, I just wanted to get a quick barometer of how the people here view the Sox for 2005. No need to puke up your internal organs.
Do a search for these types of threads. You will find many, including one from a week or so ago which included more post season choices.

idiotAllDAWay
01-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey guys im new so hey. How mant people giong to sox fest in here?

and I think the Sox take first by a few games.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey guys im new so hey. How mant people giong to sox fest in here?

and I think the Sox take first by a few games.
Do a search for these types of threads. You will find many, including one from a week or so ago
Welcome....theres like 20 threads on the sox fest in the sox clubhouse...check those out WSALDW

balke
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
There's a lot of these, but I haven't replied to one yet.

I love this team, but there are a lot of hopes/needs/"ifs" with it. IF Pods raises his BA. If Frank can show up, produce, stay healthy. If El Duque can pitch a full healthy El Duque style season. If Dye raises his stats a bit in the cell after a recovery season. If Buerhle can win with less run production. If Rowand can do as well or better than last season. If Willie or Joe Crede step up. If our infield stays healthy. If Frank is out, we need Everett to be a solid hitter.

The majority of these hopeful ifs should happen, but it would be unlikely they all happen. I think either Joe or Willie has to suck next year. And I find it unlikely that Pods breaks out with a .290 like we all are hoping. We can scrap with the twins, but they still might have our # in the end of it all. I say 2nd place tentatively. There's a solid chance all of the above can happen, and if the majority of it does, we'll win by 5 or more games.

DumpJerry
01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
All the way, baby! All the way! You cannot ask for less.

Malgar 12
01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I will not be optimistic until Willie Harris is on the Bench where he belongs.