PDA

View Full Version : CLee introduced to Milwaukee today

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
A press conference was held for the Brewers to showcase their new player, Carlos Lee. Looked like he had a bit of trouble getting his jersey on over his shirt, but will be keeping 45 and hitting 4th.

What CLee said of the White Sox and his new situation (paraphrased): Everyone on the White Sox could hit the ball out of the park, but we had troubles getting people on base, playing small ball. Then eluded that Milwaukee has the guys to get on base so he can drive them in.

I didn't take it as a stab at the Sox, but an honest evaluation of where they were. He will probably become THE MAN here. Good Luck, CLee. See ya' at Miller!

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
That's actually a perfect evaluation of what Milwaukee has.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
I think he is going to do well and if he does...he will own this town (as much as a current baseball player can). Pods replaced teh Big Sexy (Sexson) and now with him gone, the Brewer fans need someone (a position player) to love.

HoustonAstros967
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Carlos is gonna be the big dog there and I think hes going to thrive under those conditions.

veeter
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Carlos is gonna be the big dog there and I think hes going to thrive under those conditions. Believe me Kerry Wood is having night sweats thinking about Carlos. I'll never forget the comeback game the Sox had against the Cubs. Down by 8 runs and winning. Carlos cranked out an inside Wood heater like it was b.p.!! CLee will continue his Cub tormenting and I can't wait to see it.

raul12
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't take it as a stab at the Sox, but an honest evaluation of where they were. He will probably become THE MAN here. Good Luck, CLee. See ya' at Miller!
Yeah, I'll finally have to make good on my annual promise to attend more Brewers games. It does make for a long night, since it's a good 1.5 hour drive from Madison.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I'll finally have to make good on my annual promise to attend more Brewers games. It does make for a long night, since it's a good 1.5 hour drive from Madison.
:D: Sounds like my trek to the Cell...if there isn't traffic.

Jjav829
01-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Believe me Kerry Wood is having night sweats thinking about Carlos. I'll never forget the comeback game the Sox had against the Cubs. Down by 8 runs and winning. Carlos cranked out an inside Wood heater like it was b.p.!! CLee will continue his Cub tormenting and I can't wait to see it.
Well, apparently you will forget the comeback game the Sox had because it was Paulie whose 2 HR's brought the Sox back from down 8-0. :smile:

Then again, maybe I'm not properly understanding you here because I have no idea what "Down by 8 runs and winning" means. Seems kinda hard to be winning when you're down by 8 runs. :?:

raul12
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
:D: Sounds like my trek to the Cell...if there isn't traffic.
Yeah, the Cell, I mean Sell (Sorry! :D:), is a good 2.5 hrs in good traffic for me. Unfortunately, my wife hates baseball, so even getting to a few games is a tough sell.

Nick@Nite
01-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I wonder if his El Caballo nickname will take hold in Milwaukee?

SomebodyToldMe
01-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I hope Carlos has an amazing career and becomes the face of that franchise. Best of luck to him.

Palehose13
Yeah, the Cell, I mean Sell (Sorry! :D:), is a good 2.5 hrs in good traffic for me. Unfortunately, my wife hates baseball, so even getting to a few games is a tough sell.
yeah...I'm kicking around gettin a 9 or 13 game plan...for one of course.

MRKARNO
Then again, maybe I'm not properly understanding you here because I have no idea what "Down by 8 runs and winning" means. Seems kinda hard to be winning when you're down by 8 runs. :?:
I think it means being down at one point by 8 runs, yet still winning the game.

fquaye149
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
wait one hot minute. I can't fault Carlos for saying that, and don't take this as if I'm disparaging the Brewers, but asides from brady clark and lyle overbay (who played out of their minds last year) everyone else seems right around White Sox level of OBP (with the exception, of course of Frank, who is out of everyone's league).

Actually the Brewers had a team OBP of .321 while the Sox had one of .333. Say what you want about pitchers batting, but I don't really see how Carlos is going to have more opportunity to drive in runs in Milwaukee.

Having said all that, I'll say once again that I can't fault him for saying something like that at a press conference. It was the right thing to say.

OurBitchinMinny
01-10-2005, 07:48 PM
wait one hot minute. I can't fault Carlos for saying that, and don't take this as if I'm disparaging the Brewers, but asides from brady clark and lyle overbay (who played out of their minds last year) everyone else seems right around White Sox level of OBP (with the exception, of course of Frank, who is out of everyone's league).

Actually the Brewers had a team OBP of .321 while the Sox had one of .333. Say what you want about pitchers batting, but I don't really see how Carlos is going to have more opportunity to drive in runs in Milwaukee.

Having said all that, I'll say once again that I can't fault him for saying something like that at a press conference. It was the right thing to say.doesnt frank have to play once in a while to be out of everyones league? The guy is becoming a permanent DL fixture

JGarlandrules20
01-10-2005, 07:53 PM
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2005/01/10/fjtk5wJn.jpg
:(:

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM

Having said all that, I'll say once again that I can't fault him for saying something like that at a press conference. It was the right thing to say.
The difference between the Brewers and White Sox last year is that in that .333 there were many many HR's. The Brewers didn't have nearly as many HR's. There are guys like Jenkins and Branyan that will jack a bunch of HR's, but have a million k's. Add a Carlos to the mix, a healthy Tony Womack, a pretty decent Damian Miller, and you instantly have more runs especially if Overbay can put up last year's numbers again.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
:(: It's hard to imagine Carlos playing for the brewers. I know the trade happened nearly a month ago but it's just sinking in. I knew Maggs was going to be gone before the end of the 2004 season but it's still a shocker to see Carlos Lee in another uni. Best of luck Carlos, and beat those cubs!!! :bandance:

fquaye149
01-10-2005, 09:01 PM
The difference between the Brewers and White Sox last year is that in that .333 there were many many HR's. The Brewers didn't have nearly as many HR's. There are guys like Jenkins and Branyan that will jack a bunch of HR's, but have a million k's. Add a Carlos to the mix, a healthy Tony Womack, a pretty decent Damian Miller, and you instantly have more runs especially if Overbay can put up last year's numbers again.
So yeah, Carlos' individual numbers will be better RBI-wise, but he won't help the brewers any more than he helped the sox since HR don't NEED to be knocked in.

SoxFan76
01-10-2005, 09:37 PM
It's hard to imagine Carlos playing for the brewers. I know the trade happened nearly a month ago but it's just sinking in. I knew Maggs was going to be gone before the end of the 2004 season but it's still a shocker to see Carlos Lee in another uni. Best of luck Carlos, and beat those cubs!!! :bandance:
Hell yeah man, it's like it just hit me. Best of luck to you Caballo. Whenever he comes to the Cell again, he better get a standing ovation. I'm gonna miss that guy.

Ironically, the better player who left (Maggs) will not be missed by me at all. Funny how that works. ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

zach074
01-10-2005, 09:46 PM
:(:That picture is awfully painfull, I think he would perfer to be a sox player still.
When are we going to do that with all our new guys?

TDog
01-10-2005, 11:23 PM
I hope Carlos has an amazing career and becomes the face of that franchise. ...
That should last until his contract runs out.

bobj4400
01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Didnt womack sign with the Yanks?

doublem23
01-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Didnt womack sign with the Yanks?
That he did.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-11-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm guessing he meant Junior Spivey. He's a decent 2b when healthy, but that wasn't the case for the Brewers last season.

DrCrawdad
01-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Believe me Kerry Wood is having night sweats thinking about Carlos. I'll never forget the comeback game the Sox had against the Cubs. Down by 8 runs and winning. Carlos cranked out an inside Wood heater like it was b.p.!! CLee will continue his Cub tormenting and I can't wait to see it.

Over at the Cubs newsgroup many of the posters there were lamenting the Cubs having to face Carlos Lee even more often now.

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm guessing he meant Junior Spivey. He's a decent 2b when healthy, but that wasn't the case for the Brewers last season.

Yes...thanks for the correction. I always get those two confused. Spivey did very good things for the Brewers when he was healthy last year...

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah...I'm kicking around gettin a 9 or 13 game plan...for one of course.get two seats...you can always find a friend here to sit with ya...
Gene