PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh...

GASHWOUND
10-18-2001, 11:19 PM
The Spankees are up 2-0 and are on their way to Another WS, Why.......is this happening. Why can't the Spankees be stopped! The M's SUCK! It's just mind boggling. I would've bet the damn farm(if I had one) the Spanks would've been bumped off their high chair this year. When will their reign be OVER!

FarWestChicago
10-18-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
The Spankees are up 2-0 and are on their way to Another WS, Why.......is this happening. Why can't the Spankees be stopped! The M's SUCK! It's just mind boggling. I would've bet the damn farm(if I had one) the Spanks would've been bumped off their high chair this year. When will their reign be OVER! After the A's choked, I was at work talking about jumping on the M's bandwagon. My boss gave me some hell because I had told him the winner of the A's/Yanks series would be the world champs. I told him my heart was going with the M's, but my brain was sticking to the original prediction. The A's were the baddest team around. And the Skanks beat 'em. So who's supposed to stop them now...

GASHWOUND
10-19-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
After the A's choked, I was at work talking about jumping on the M's bandwagon. My boss gave me some hell because I had told him the winner of the A's/Yanks series would be the world champs. I told him my heart was going with the M's, but my brain was sticking to the original prediction. The A's were the baddest team around. And the Skanks beat 'em. So who's supposed to stop them now...

I'm still in shock that the A's blew it.
I picked the M's to win it all before the playoffs even started. But I had no idea that they would look so horrible. Thet squeak by the 'Toons and now they lose the first 2 at home to the Spanks.
The A's took the Spanks to the wire last year and this year they win 102 games, nobody wants to face the A's in the playoffs kind of talk was going on. I though nobody could beat the A's. 3 aces on their staff and a good 'O' team.
Was it the Dye injury that hurt the most that last game? Who knows, maybe its their inexperience to put them away that was the killer. But the Spanks came back against the best team down 2-0.
After that, it was gonna be a domino effect. How can a team be so dominant look so horrible in the playoffs?
Of course it looks bleak right now, but the M's still have a chance(small one) to come back. Its not gonna happen, bu we have no other choice but to have hope they will come back.

When the Spanks make it to the WS(Sigh....) will either tlanta or the D0Backs be able to stop them? Hmmm, NOPE. After Shillng, Johnson the Backs have a sucky bullpen and a avergae lineup. The Braves have 3 good/great starters in Maddux, Glavine, Burkett to slow down the Spanks. The problem is that the Braves 'O' is not anything to jump about. The Spanks are better all arond than either of those teams.
So whose gonna stop the the Spanks? Ummm... no one, really..

But our Sox could've taken care of those yankees. They would be no match for us!
:)

Spiff
10-19-2001, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I'm still in shock that the A's blew it.
I picked the M's to win it all before the playoffs even started. But I had no idea that they would look so horrible. Thet squeak by the 'Toons and now they lose the first 2 at home to the Spanks.
The A's took the Spanks to the wire last year and this year they win 102 games, nobody wants to face the A's in the playoffs kind of talk was going on. I though nobody could beat the A's. 3 aces on their staff and a good 'O' team.
Was it the Dye injury that hurt the most that last game? Who knows, maybe its their inexperience to put them away that was the killer. But the Spanks came back against the best team down 2-0.
After that, it was gonna be a domino effect. How can a team be so dominant look so horrible in the playoffs?
Of course it looks bleak right now, but the M's still have a chance(small one) to come back. Its not gonna happen, bu we have no other choice but to have hope they will come back.

That sounds alot like my article that nobody bothered to read !!

GASHWOUND
10-19-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

LOL!!! :)

KempersRS
10-19-2001, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

LMAO! I'll admit, I didn't read it, I usually only read the big articles posted up top. I'd write an article once in a while, but I am sure I wouldn't get many readers either...sorry Wh1teSox, lol.

Jerry_Manuel
10-19-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
LMAO! I'll admit, I didn't read it, I usually only read the big articles posted up top. I'd write an article once in a while, but I am sure I wouldn't get many readers either...

Now that is nonsense Mr. Positive. People don't want an article that is fluff that praises the team and doesn't offer any negative. You have a gift of offering the negative in any situation. That's why your Mr. Positive.