PDA

View Full Version : Monster Thread about Sox-Brewers Exhibition in Milwaukee

soxwon
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
i was on the phone with the milwaukee brewers ticket office today.
I inquired if the Brewers would be scheduling a few EXHIBITION games april 1-2.
at Miller Park.
He said he BELIEVES they will announce 2 games against the WHITE SOX!!!
that would be great!!!
I hope he is right in this regard!!!

mweflen
01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
i went to one about 3 years ago. it was a good time, jon rauch was pitching. I was in the outfield, but could still spot him easily :smile:

Miller is an interesting park. The sight lines kind of stink, but it's comfy, the bathrooms and food are both phenomenal, and I would kill to have that roof when I'm freezing my keester off in April and May.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 05:34 PM
at Miller Park.
that would be great!!!
I sure hope so. I'll be there both games if it is true. I haven't missed a Sox game at Miller Park yet...unfortunately, there aren't too many of them. :(:
I did get to go to the "unofficial" first game at Miller Park...White Sox exhibition game. :D:

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I look for any excuse to go to Miller Park. After all, $1 drafts after the game at the Friday's in left field

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-10-2005, 05:59 PM
That would be SWEET!! I'm hoping for it because that's when I have spring break. Now that I live nearly 100 miles from the cell and I don't get home from school until 4:15 PM it's going to be hard to get to games until June. If this happens, I'll definitely go since Milwaukee's only about 80 miles from here and I'll have my drivers license...:cool:

HITMEN OF 77
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I have a program from 1969 when the Sox played some of there "home games" in Milwuakee, to help with low attendance at Comiskey. This is pre Brewers (1970 was there 1st year), and the program on front says something like "The Milwaukee Brewers present the Chicago White Sox" I have no idea what this has to do with the games April 1-2, 2005 but oh well. :D:

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I have a program from 1969 when the Sox played some of there "home games" in Milwuakee, to help with low attendance at Comiskey. This is pre Brewers (1970 was there 1st year), and the program on front says something like "The Milwaukee Brewers present the Chicago White Sox" I have no idea what this has to do with the games April 1-2, 2005 but oh well. :D:

That's a pretty cool nugget of information.

zach074
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I would go if i only had a drivers license, a car, and $:?:

ilsox7
01-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I've only been to Miller Park once (All Star Game), but they sure did screw it up. We had tix a few rows up on the 3rd base line at the cut of the infield. The seats faced RF..I mean not even close to facing the plate. Absolutely horrid.

If the tix for the exhibition game are cheap, I may go and sit in the bleachers and have a few though. Nothin wrong with that!

HomeFish
01-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Don't forget the best part about baseball in Milwaukee: cheap parking.

With what Jerry charges, parking at Selig's place is almost like being paid to attend the game.

depy48
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
carlos lee would absolutely tear apart the whitesox in any pre season game. i gurantee he would rise to the occasion and pound the whitesox...

robertks61
01-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a Milwaukee party on April 2!

FedEx227
01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
i love Miller Park, some of the views are pretty crappy, but you can't beat those prices...what $5-10 parking, $5 tickets...you just can't beat that around here.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a Milwaukee party on April 2! I'll bring the grill for tailgating. :D:

Harris=God
01-10-2005, 07:34 PM
I would go if i only had a drivers license, a car, and $:?:
Me too :mad:

BRDSR
01-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I'll bring the grill for tailgating. :D:
Dude, nobody wants to tailgate with Grilli! God, I hope he's not still on the roster on April 1st! He was abominable last year? He epitomized the black hole that was our 5th starter! When I think back to the 2004 season and the futility of it all, the poster child was that man himself, Jason Grilli! If I could be granted one wish it would be for Jason Grilli to drop off the face of the earth, just the erase the memory that is August and September of the 2004 season! I can't believe you want to tailgate with Jason Grilli!!:angry:

Wait...the grill? What are we grilling? Sweet dude, I'll see you there!

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Dude, nobody wants to tailgate with Grilli! God, I hope he's not still on the roster on April 1st! He was abominable last year? He epitomized the black hole that was our 5th starter! When I think back to the 2004 season and the futility of it all, the poster child was that man himself, Jason Grilli! If I could be granted one wish it would be for Jason Grilli to drop off the face of the earth, just the erase the memory that is August and September of the 2004 season! I can't believe you want to tailgate with Jason Grilli!!:angry:

Wait...the grill? What are we grilling? Sweet dude, I'll see you there!
LOL.

Brats. I have found the "secret" Wisconsinite way to make brats. My brats are the best ever...tender, juicy...makes the "Brat Stop" look like crap! :wink:

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
With what Jerry charges, parking at Selig's place is almost like being paid to attend the game.

The place formerly known as Selig's place. As I recall it's $6 general parking and $13 for premium. And they have tailgating shelters in the $6 lots and a brat place halfway between the lots and the park.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 08:25 PM
The place formerly known as Selig's place. As I recall it's $6 general parking and $13 for premium. And they have tailgating shelters in the $6 lots and a brat place halfway between the lots and the park.
Hey! Don't tell everyone where to find me!

soxwon
01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
i just hope he(ticket agent) is correct in this info.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
i just hope he(ticket agent) is correct in this info.
If not, I'll hunt him down and he'll be sorry... :cool:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I hope the information is correct. I need to look for a place to stay because I'd rather get a hotel room for a night instead of driving back and forth to Milwaukee.

soxwon
01-10-2005, 08:39 PM
dont go blaming me, if its not true.

The guy said he BELIEVES, it will happen!!!!

i emailed the Brewers just now, so i hope to have an answer in a day or two.
ill keep you posted!!!

doublem23
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM
That'd be nice. I'd make a point to go at least one day.

cubhater
01-10-2005, 10:31 PM
I look for any excuse to go to Miller Park. After all, $1 drafts after the game at the Friday's in left field
WOW! Thanks for the info! I never knew about that deal!

:reinsy
Could you just imagine me offering $1 drafts in the Bullpen bar after the game?

cubhater
01-10-2005, 10:36 PM

A friend and I did a cost analysis of attending games at The Cell and Miller Park. It's cheaper to attend a game in Brew Town even when you factor in the gas $$$. Of course the Uecker tickets definitely skew the results in favor of the Brewers! :D:

cubhater
01-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I hope the information is correct. I need to look for a place to stay because I'd rather get a hotel room for a night instead of driving back and forth to Milwaukee.
There's some cheap hotels up and down (IIRC) 27th Street near I-94 when you first enter Milwaukee and a few cheap eats between the hotels and Miller Park. Most places are $40 and under.
Plus there's a nudie bar toward the south end of 27th!:bandance:

DumpJerry
01-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Someone should organize a WSI tailgate party when it becomes official.

Infallible
01-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I'll be there for sure if they do! I'm up north from Milwaukee about 2 hours....DEEP behind enemy lines.......you know....

mandmandm
01-11-2005, 01:21 AM
I can not believe intelligent Sox fans would be duped by Money Whore 1, Bud Selig, and Money Whore 2, Jerry Reinsdorf, on their almost annual quest to suck more money from Sox and Brewers fans( pre-season). Sox vs. Brewers games at old Country Stadium were blissful. 1994, I was at a tailgate that lasted three hours after the White Sox bitched slapped the Brew Crew. If you are too young to remember, it was Bud Seligs's argument to get the Brewers to the NL (NO $$DH) because his team was so equipped to play in the NL. Zero playoff appearances later and a new ownership group in Milwaukee with deep pockets that might not take a quarter century (AKA JR) to get a pennant to it's town and you are chomping at the bit to give JR more money??????????

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 01:48 AM
I can not believe intelligent Sox fans would be duped by Money Whore 1, Bud Selig, and Money Whore 2, Jerry Reinsdorf, on their almost annual quest to suck more money from Sox and Brewers fans( pre-season). Sox vs. Brewers games at old Country Stadium were blissful. 1994, I was at a tailgate that lasted three hours after the White Sox bitched slapped the Brew Crew. If you are too young to remember, it was Bud Seligs's argument to get the Brewers to the NL (NO $$DH) because his team was so equipped to play in the NL. Zero playoff appearances later and a new ownership group in Milwaukee with deep pockets that might not take a quarter century (AKA JR) to get a pennant to it's town and you are chomping at the bit to give JR more money??????????
But baseball games are fun. Lots of fun. I like having fun...with people....and if it takes a road trip to Milwaukee to see a baseball game, so be it

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:01 AM

With what Jerry charges, parking at Selig's place is almost like being paid to attend the game.agreed...it's ACTUALLY more expensive to park downtown or by marquette and take the trolley to miller park than it is to park at MB itself......6 bucks is the cheapest posted rate...but i parked there for free once.....i was already up in wisconsin for buisness, and sinc ei was a brewers st holder(for asg tix), i decided to catch one of the flubs/brew crew games.....my buddy was late in picking me up, so we didnt get there till the 4th...followed all the signs to a lot, and .....no one asked for money...we drove into a spot that was acutally easy to get out of, and again, didnt have to pay....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:05 AM
LOL.

Brats. I have found the "secret" Wisconsinite way to make brats. My brats are the best ever...tender, juicy...makes the "Brat Stop" look like crap! :wink:those wis-coon-sun-ites have infected you....i've lost a good friend up there...he even went native....runs around marquette with a grizzly adams beard and bear pelts..........too bad the bear pelts are a sign that he's still a bears fan...the killer cheese head tribes dont like bear fans....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
There's some cheap hotels up and down (IIRC) 27th Street near I-94 when you first enter Milwaukee and a few cheap eats between the hotels and Miller Park. Most places are $40 and under.
Plus there's a nudie bar toward the south end of 27th!:bandance:cheap hotels and nudie bars! i'm in!
Gene

p.s. is the nudie bar the one across the street from the gay 'hood in milwaukee....only in wisconsin would there be a nudie bar across the street from the gay bars....and inorder to get to summer fest, you have to drive past both...i always get a chuckle when i go to summerfest...
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Someone should organize a WSI tailgate party when it becomes official.Already working on it...
Gene

JKryl
01-11-2005, 09:09 AM
those wis-coon-sun-ites have infected you....i've lost a good friend up there...he even went native....runs around marquette with a grizzly adams beard and bear pelts..........too bad the bear pelts are a sign that he's still a bears fan...the killer cheese head tribes dont like bear fans....
Gene
Exactly! Be careful! As soon as you cross the border going north, your IQ drops 50 points.

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Exactly! Be careful! As soon as you cross the border going north, your IQ drops 50 points.when i enter the wildlands...i wear flannell camoflague...make s me look like one of thier hunters...i draw the line at a packer hat.....
Gene

cubhater
01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
cheap hotels and nudie bars! i'm in!
Gene

p.s. is the nudie bar the one across the street from the gay 'hood in milwaukee....only in wisconsin would there be a nudie bar across the street from the gay bars....and inorder to get to summer fest, you have to drive past both...i always get a chuckle when i go to summerfest...
Gene
I have no idea where Milwaukee's Boyz Town in located. The hotels and nudie bar are west of I-94 and the area is pretty desolate on the fringes of town.

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
cheap hotels and nudie bars! i'm in!
Gene

Gene
It's ingenious..."Club Paradise" is right across the alley from the most popular lesbian bar in town (my hangout). Not that I've ever gone across the alley before...:cool:

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Someone should organize a WSI tailgate party when it becomes official.
I'll volunterr to do that when it becomes official. Just for the occasion, I'll buy a big flag so ya'll can find me. Red Jeep Wrangler, Sox flag = ph13.

cubhater
01-11-2005, 09:36 AM
It's not like the Whores are making a $$$$ killing on these games. I went to one exhibition game the year after Miller opened and I think about 6,000 fans showed up. I assumed the park would have been packed so I got tickets through Ticketbastard as soon as they went on sale and got stuck paying their BS fees.:angry:

Anyhow, Selig's unspoken real reason for moving the Brewers to the NL was knowing Scrub fans would ensure sellouts for all their games there, blind sheep that they are.

cubhater
01-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I'll volunterr to do that when it becomes official. Just for the occasion, I'll buy a big flag so ya'll can find me. Red Jeep Wrangler, Sox flag = ph13.
Let's tailgate in the lot north of the park. It's easy to get there from the highway and they have lots of port-a-johns.:cool:

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 01:14 PM
It's ingenious..."Club Paradise" is right across the alley from the most popular lesbian bar in town (my hangout).
My favorite Milw bar is right there too....although it's very heterosexual . (Fritz's on 3rd)

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
My favorite Milw bar is right there too....although it's very heterosexual . (Fritz's on 3rd)You know, I was going to post something about this cause it isn't really a "gay area". Gay people definitely don't live there and although there are quite a few gay bars in the area there are quite a few heterosexual bars in the same vicinty...Fritz's, Steny's, Timers, Fat Daddy's, and more.

BTW...MU...I'm always at the Pint (next door)on Wed. night for darts as well as other various night. If you ever want to meet up for a brew, let me know!

Pssst...Fritz's is on 2nd. :wink:

robertks61
01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Let's tailgate in the lot north of the park. It's easy to get there from the highway and they have lots of port-a-johns.:cool:And it's only about $6 to park. Baseball & beer! Gotta love it!

ramblermgr9599
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I was in Milwaukee watching the Loyola Ramblers take on the UW-M Panthers on Saturday. The beer guy said that he works at Miller Park and was told the Sox are playing 2 games there. One day and one night game.

ewokpelts
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I was in Milwaukee watching the Loyola Ramblers take on the UW-M Panthers on Saturday. The beer guy said that he works at Miller Park and was told the Sox are playing 2 games there. One day and one night game.always trust the beer man...they give us beer, why would they lie to us?
Gene

soxwon
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
My favorite Milw bar is right there too....although it's very heterosexual . (Fritz's on 3rd)

anyone go to major goolsbys? right by the Bradley ctr

ewokpelts
01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
It's official. I just emailed my Brewer ticket rep, and he told me more details will follow on Friday. That includes ticket and price info.

Gene

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 06:01 PM
It's official. I just emailed my Brewer ticket rep, and he told me more details will follow on Friday. That includes ticket and price info.

Gene Woohoo!! :bandance:
soxwon and the beer guy-- the only 2 people with credibles sources in the baseball world!

jordan23ventura
01-13-2005, 03:26 AM
And it's only about $6 to park. Baseball & beer! Gotta love it!
The key is to get there well before the game, hit about 6-8 beer bongs, eat a couple brats, then go inside and hit on the beer girls in Fridays. I like to get the cheapest tix possible and sit in the bar all day. You get a nice view and they make a pretty good bloody mary. As long as you aren't loud and obnoxious, they don't kick you out. They just laugh. It's Wisconsin, they've seen much worse. Plus, no one cares if you hang around outside the park for a couple hours after the game to sober up. Bring a football and you're set.

I plan on going to a few Sox games this summer, but mostly it will be Brewers games. It's easy to get to, there's barely any traffic, you can park in the lot for cheap, and the tickets are virtually nothing. Plus, you can hear Uecker calling the game. And whoever said before that you get 1.00 beers after the game, it's true, but you have to sit in the bar to drink it. A friend of mine and I went in there to get like 6 beers for us and some people outside, but they wouldn't let us out! We had to sit there and slam 'em.

Miller Park is so cool.

wsbaseball9
01-13-2005, 08:58 AM
carlos lee would absolutely tear apart the whitesox in any pre season game. i gurantee he would rise to the occasion and pound the whitesox...
yea nicky i definatley have to agree

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 12:49 PM

Gene
OH MAN !!! Im glad the SOX & BREWERS are doing something right at least.
I always loved these games and I still dont know why Bud Selig Sold himself
out and moved to the NL. I am so there, we need to rename this POST.
Im going to have a big crew up for that series. Definitely getting a ROOM
there too downtown somewhere .......

Brian26
01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
The key is to get there well before the game, hit about 6-8 beer bongs, eat a couple brats, then go inside and hit on the beer girls in Fridays. I like to get the cheapest tix possible and sit in the bar all day. You get a nice view and they make a pretty good bloody mary. As long as you aren't loud and obnoxious, they don't kick you out. They just laugh. It's Wisconsin, they've seen much worse. Plus, no one cares if you hang around outside the park for a couple hours after the game to sober up. Bring a football and you're set.

I plan on going to a few Sox games this summer, but mostly it will be Brewers games. It's easy to get to, there's barely any traffic, you can park in the lot for cheap, and the tickets are virtually nothing. Plus, you can hear Uecker calling the game. And whoever said before that you get 1.00 beers after the game, it's true, but you have to sit in the bar to drink it. A friend of mine and I went in there to get like 6 beers for us and some people outside, but they wouldn't let us out! We had to sit there and slam 'em.

Miller Park is so cool.
If you need to get drunk that badly in a public, there are closer places to home than a 90 minute drive up north. :D:

ewokpelts
01-13-2005, 02:40 PM
OH MAN !!! Im glad the SOX & BREWERS are doing something right at least.
I always loved these games and I still dont know why Bud Selig Sold himself
out and moved to the NL. I am so there, we need to rename this POST.
Im going to have a big crew up for that series. Definitely getting a ROOM
there too downtown somewhere .......I'm planning on making the friday night game.
Gene

chisox2005
01-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Unfortuanetly the difference between 5 dollar tickets and 5 dollar parking is the team on the field, you can see why the brewers don't spend anything on players. They don't draw that well and they don't charge all that much for games.

ewokpelts
01-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Unfortuanetly the difference between 5 dollar tickets and 5 dollar parking is the team on the field, you can see why the brewers don't spend anything on players. They don't draw that well and they don't charge all that much for games.like we have done anything? dont forget, the brewers may havea big market stadium, but they are still in a small market....actually, they are in the SMALLEST market...600,000 people in the city limits.....compare that to Chicago having two teams in a city with 3 million people living in it.
Gene

MUsoxfan
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Unfortuanetly the difference between 5 dollar tickets and 5 dollar parking is the team on the field, you can see why the brewers don't spend anything on players. They don't draw that well and they don't charge all that much for games. The Selig's never spent. The new owner is spending and I can't wait to see that team in 3 years. People in Milwaukee are dying for a winner.

"If you spend it, they will come."

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 06:20 PM
It's official. On the Sox website.

Season ticket holders for the two teams will receive complimentary tickets to one of the two games on a ticket for ticket basis. Details will be communicated to White Sox season ticket holders via email as soon as possible. :supernana:

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
There was speculation this was going to happen, Im VERY glad theyre
renewing this, even if its for an Exhibition. I'll be putting a crew
together for this trip, and will be Hangars 1st Roadtrip of the Season.
Saturday BBQ/Tailgate Anyone? Palehose13?

Game On ......

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050113&content_id=930839&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

JUribe1989
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I hope these games will be on Comcast Sportsnet or WGN, I highly doubt it though. They probably have already decided what spring training games they will show.

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Awsome! Why arn't tickets avaiable online?

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I hope these games will be on Comcast Sportsnet or WGN, I highly doubt it though. They probably have already decided what spring training games they will show.

If its anything like last year, they will Give the Cubs 30 games,
the SOX 15, and of the SOX 15, 3 of those will be against the freekin Cubs.

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 07:22 PM
The Ticket Prices are EXCELLENT! $15 for lower level. It costs that
much just to PARK at the CELL!

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Tickets for both games will go on sale to the general public at MilwaukeeBrewers.com and WhiteSox.com on Friday, Jan. 14 at 9 a.m. CT. Fans interested in purchasing tickets to these two games can also call the Brewers phone center at (414) 902-4000 or 1-800-933-7890, or visit the Miller Park ticket office.

:putitontheboard

DaveIsHere
01-13-2005, 07:41 PM
How long is the drive up there, I The Wife and I could use a little tip by then

CHISOXFAN13
01-13-2005, 07:43 PM
How long is the drive up there, I The Wife and I could use a little tip by then

On a good day with light traffic, that is a 90-minute trip.

MUsoxfan
01-13-2005, 07:50 PM
On a good day with light traffic, that is a 90-minute trip.
And the directions are easy. Start out north/west on 94, exit Miller Park Way:D:

robertks61
01-13-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm there for the Saturday game & party!

Rocklive99
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
CSN is showing both of em

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/SoxSpringTraining.asp

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
There was speculation this was going to happen, Im VERY glad theyre
renewing this, even if its for an Exhibition. I'll be putting a crew
together for this trip, and will be Hangars 1st Roadtrip of the Season.
Saturday BBQ/Tailgate Anyone? Palehose13?

Game On ......

I will be attending both games. Hangar, I will be happy to host a tailgate party on Saturday. Anyone know where the Sox stay when in Milwaukee? The Hyatt maybe?

DaveIsHere
01-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Dave & "Daves Wife is Here" will be there on Saturday, I will order the tickets tomorrow!!!!!! I am so Geeked, and then going to opening day at the Cell, cant hold back the exictement!!!

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 10:02 PM
You forgot the best part.

Season ticket holders for the two teams will receive complimentary tickets to one of the two games on a ticket for ticket basis. Details will be communicated to White Sox season ticket holders via email as soon as possible. Freebies!!!:supernana:

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 10:38 PM
You forgot the best part.

Freebies!!!:supernana:

:reinsy " FREEBIES? Not On My Watch !!!! I'll just jack up the Prices to $25 a ticket for those games! and maybe $20 for Parking!"

Hangar: "But Uncle Jerry, You cant raise the Ticket Prices and Parking Rates
for the Miller Park Games, its not your stadium"

:reinsy " *&^%**%$#%^ "

ewokpelts
01-13-2005, 11:17 PM
:reinsy " FREEBIES? Not On My Watch !!!! I'll just jack up the Prices to $25 a ticket for those games! and maybe $20 for Parking!"

Hangar: "But Uncle Jerry, You cant raise the Ticket Prices and Parking Rates
for the Miller Park Games, its not your stadium"

:reinsy " *&^%**%$#%^ "LOL!

You win this round Hangar18......

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Friday April 1st and Saturday April 2nd, the White Sox will play a couple of Spring Training games at Miller Park.

It's funny because I was hoping somehow, someway the Brewers/Sox met up this year and I knew it wouldn't be in the World Series. When the schedule came out, I was disappointed. But hearing this, I'm really happy. We get to see Carlos Lee and Podzilla gets to show off his stuff against his old team.

I went to Miller Park last year to see them play the Cubs. The ride there was MESS. My friend drove there and we had 3 cars all together. We got pulled over for "road rage" because one of the other cars gave our car the finger as a joke. Somehow there was a warrant out for my friend's arrest, I had no idea about this I just met the guy. How the warrant thing happened was because somebody got caught with drugs and gave my friend's information. All a big misunderstanding he had a clearance paper from City Hall but we still got pulled over and it took an hour to get everything cleared up. That happened in Illinois. We finally get into Wisconsin and as soon as we cross the border, with my friend driving about 90 MPH just so we can make the game (which was in the 2nd inning already), we get pulled over for speeding. The cop, being a money-hungry cheesehead, hears about our horrible story and how we want to make it to the game, and doesn't even think about letting us go. He handcuffs my friend, puts him in the squad car, and tells us if we can't post his bail, he spends the night in jail. Having my credit card on me and being a nice guy, I bought the guy his freedom, lol. We finally get to Miller Park and it was just BEAUTIFUL. However, it was the 8th inning and the Cubs were winning big. What made this day even worse is that the Sox had lost to the Twins and I was hearing it from the playoff-destined Scrubbies. After the game, we didn't want to leave. The park was gorgeous, weather was great, a lot of people were there. So we decided to eat at the restaurant in leftfield. Not so great beginning to our trip, but it ended very well.

All that being said, are any of you going to either one of those games?

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
That story reminds me....DO NOT SPEED IN WISCONSIN!!!!!! Cops will not hesiate to give you a $175 ticket for going little over the speed limit. Do NOT exceed 75 in a 65 zone

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I'll be around. It's only about a 10 minute (if that) drive for me. :wink:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I'll be around. It's only about a 10 minute (if that) drive for me. :wink:
Awesome, I'm hopefully going to the Friday night game, maybe the Saturday afternoon game. Here's the full info;

The Brewers and White Sox will play exhibition games at Miller Park on April 1 and 2, a preseason matchup of former American League foes. Ticket prices range from $5-$15 in the three lower seating areas of the ballpark.

"This will be a great chance for fans to get a sneak preview of the 2005 editions of the Brewers and the White Sox just before Opening Day," said Brewers executive vice president of business operations Rick Schlesinger.

It will also offer Brewers fans a chance to reunite with Podsednik and reliever Luis Vizcaino, who were traded from the Brewers to the White Sox last month for slugging outfielder Carlos Lee. The Brewers hope Lee provides some pop to an offense that ranked near the bottom in most categories last season.

The Friday game is scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m. CT and Saturday's first pitch is at 1:05 p.m. The upper deck at Miller Park will be closed for both games.

Brewers season ticket holders will have the opportunity to secure free tickets to one of the games depending on the quantity of tickets in their season ticket plan. Qualifying ticket holders will be notified about this special offer by the Brewers in the near future. Tickets for both games will go on sale to the general public at MilwaukeeBrewers.com and WhiteSox.com on Friday, Jan. 14 at 9 a.m. CT. Fans interested in purchasing tickets to these two games can also call the Brewers phone center at (414) 902-4000 or 1-800-933-7890, or visit the Miller Park ticket office.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 01:34 AM
That story reminds me....DO NOT SPEED IN WISCONSIN!!!!!! Cops will not hesiate to give you a $175 ticket for going little over the speed limit. Do NOT exceed 75 in a 65 zone
lol, YOU COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME THIS SOONER??

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 01:34 AM
If you scroll down...we have a thread about this already. :wink:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Oh crap I didn't see that.

Here I am thinking I'm special :sunshine: . Sorry Hangar, didn't see you started this topic already.

Mods, let the moving begin.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I'll definitely try to get to go to one of the games, if not both. I got my drivers license today and the games are conveniently scheduled during spring break. The only hard part for myself is getting the tickets. I'll have to use my mom's debit card but she'll be mad when I tell her about the ticketmaster.com fees... :whiner:

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
I'll definitely try to get to go to one of the games, if not both. I got my drivers license today and the games are conveniently scheduled during spring break. The only hard part for myself is getting the tickets. I'll have to use my mom's debit card but she'll be mad when I tell her about the ticketmaster.com fees... :whiner:
If you want, I can pick you up tickets from Miller Park box office or SoxFest. PM me and we can work out the details.

doublem23
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Two of them actually. :cool:

Well, now there's just one. I doubt I'd be able to make it Friday; Milwaukee is a good 4 hours away from here and I am in class until 2 PM Friday afternoons, but Saturday... could be a possibility. Has anyone posted projected ticket prices or will they be regular, Brewer prices?

I've never been to Miller Park, but I've heard mixed reviews. Looking forward to seeing the place.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 04:35 AM
Two of them actually. :cool:

Well, now there's just one. I doubt I'd be able to make it Friday; Milwaukee is a good 4 hours away from here and I am in class until 2 PM Friday afternoons, but Saturday... could be a possibility. Has anyone posted projected ticket prices or will they be regular, Brewer prices?

I've never been to Miller Park, but I've heard mixed reviews. Looking forward to seeing the place.
Ticket prices range between $5-$15, all lower deck. Upper deck will be closed for both games. Miller Park is amazing. I love it. So lively and full of energy.

I'll be attending the Saturday game and will spend a better portion of the game in the LF restaurant cheering for Rowand and C-Lee until the bench players come in the game. Then I'll be walking around looking for WSItes.

BigEdWalsh
01-14-2005, 05:03 AM

Unless of course, you have Wisconsin plates.

anewman35
01-14-2005, 07:26 AM
There's no worry at all about these games selling out, right? I'm totally going Saturday, but I don't want to buy tickets quite yet - reassure me that I should be ok.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Unless of course, you have Wisconsin plates.
That helps.....but I've seen lots of Wisconsinites get nailed lately. I'm about one of the only people I know that goes through there all the time that hasn't gotten pulled over. *knocking on every piece of wood I can find*

Ol' No. 2
01-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Friday April 1st and Saturday April 2nd, the White Sox will play a couple of Spring Training games at Miller Park.

It's funny because I was hoping somehow, someway the Brewers/Sox met up this year and I knew it wouldn't be in the World Series. When the schedule came out, I was disappointed. But hearing this, I'm really happy. We get to see Carlos Lee and Podzilla gets to show off his stuff against his old team.

I went to Miller Park last year to see them play the Cubs. The ride there was MESS. My friend drove there and we had 3 cars all together. We got pulled over for "road rage" because one of the other cars gave our car the finger as a joke. Somehow there was a warrant out for my friend's arrest, I had no idea about this I just met the guy. How the warrant thing happened was because somebody got caught with drugs and gave my friend's information. All a big misunderstanding he had a clearance paper from City Hall but we still got pulled over and it took an hour to get everything cleared up. That happened in Illinois. We finally get into Wisconsin and as soon as we cross the border, with my friend driving about 90 MPH just so we can make the game (which was in the 2nd inning already), we get pulled over for speeding. The cop, being a money-hungry cheesehead, hears about our horrible story and how we want to make it to the game, and doesn't even think about letting us go. He handcuffs my friend, puts him in the squad car, and tells us if we can't post his bail, he spends the night in jail. Having my credit card on me and being a nice guy, I bought the guy his freedom, lol. We finally get to Miller Park and it was just BEAUTIFUL. However, it was the 8th inning and the Cubs were winning big. What made this day even worse is that the Sox had lost to the Twins and I was hearing it from the playoff-destined Scrubbies. After the game, we didn't want to leave. The park was gorgeous, weather was great, a lot of people were there. So we decided to eat at the restaurant in leftfield. Not so great beginning to our trip, but it ended very well.

All that being said, are any of you going to either one of those games?I'm planning on going, but please stay as far away from me as possible on the trip up there.:D:

DaveIsHere
01-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey I cant find a link to buy theses tickets on either website

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 10:04 AM
That helps.....but I've seen lots of Wisconsinites get nailed lately. I'm about one of the only people I know that goes through there all the time that hasn't gotten pulled over. *knocking on every piece of wood I can find*
There are spots (Mostly through Kenosha and Milwaukee counties...it seems to be clear in Racine co. all the time) and I travel enough from Milwaukee to Chicago to know them. :D:

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I'll definitely try to get to go to one of the games, if not both. I got my drivers license today and the games are conveniently scheduled during spring break. The only hard part for myself is getting the tickets. I'll have to use my mom's debit card but she'll be mad when I tell her about the ticketmaster.com fees... :whiner:it wont sell out...but ur tix at the door...
Gene

anewman35
01-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey I cant find a link to buy theses tickets on either website
Go to Tickets.com, there's a link on the front page. As of right now, there are VERY good tickets available.

DaveIsHere
01-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I called got 2 diamond box seats section 120 3 rows up for Saturday's game, hope to see you all there

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Go to Tickets.com, there's a link on the front page. As of right now, there are VERY good tickets available.
Thanks for that info! I got 2 for Fri and Sat. Section 117 (behing the plate) row 6 for both games.

Eddie Gaedel
01-14-2005, 10:24 AM
i called 1.800.933.7890 and got sec 120 row 3. nice!

DaveIsHere
01-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks for that info! I got 2 for Fri and Sat. Section 117 (behing the plate) row 6 for both games.
I will be in 120 row 3 on Saturday, will havee to meet the hose13, will be a good time, plus it's indoors that rocks

DaveIsHere
01-14-2005, 10:25 AM
i called 1.800.933.7890 and got sec 120 row 3. nice!Sweet I will be next to a Sox fan, what day?

Ol' No. 2
01-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Sweet I will be next to a Sox fan, what day?I was up there for one of the Sox-Brewers exhibition games when they first opened Miller Park. There were at least 2/3 Sox fans, so I expect your chances of sitting next to a Sox fan are pretty good no matter where you sit.

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I will be in 120 row 3 on Saturday, will havee to meet the hose13, will be a good time, plus it's indoors that rocks
I'm hoping to get a little tailgate together before the game on Saturday. That means I have to watch myself on Friday :gulp: so that I can get up early enough!

Eddie Gaedel
01-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Sweet I will be next to a Sox fan, what day?4 tix for sat. if it's nice i'm gonna tailgate. if not, i'll find a bar...

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 10:38 AM
I accidently ordered 5 for Friday's game. I cancelled these immediately.
I also got 5 for the Saturday game (Row 11). These are my tickets that I plan to use.
And I got 2 extra tickets for both Friday and Saturday.
Funny thing is, all 14 tickets are in section 117. The 2 ticket combinations are very nice (Sec. 117, Row 6). I plan to sell those.

I can't wait, Saturday April 2!

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 10:42 AM
I also got 5 for the Saturday game (Row 11). These are my tickets that I plan to use.
Funny thing is, all 14 tickets are in section 117. The 2 ticket combinations are very nice (Sec. 117, Row 6). I plan to sell those.

I can't wait, Saturday April 2!:tool
I'll give a dollar for all the tickets...otherwise...I'm reporting you to the cops...it appears you have an outstanding warrant.....victory is mine!

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 10:45 AM
:tool
I'll give a dollar for all the tickets...otherwise...I'm reporting you to the cops...it appears you have an outstanding warrant.....victory is mine!
muahaha, but you sold the team? I bet you will be the first one waiting in line for Brewers/Cubs tickets so you can sell them on eBay for twice the face value you. Won't you Bud! Admit already you scam artist!

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 10:46 AM

I can't wait, Saturday April 2!
LOL...I'm pretty sure I have seat 9 &10 on Friday and 3 & 4 on Saturday (117, row 6). I will have more people interested if you are selling, so unless you got any takers I call dibs!

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
muahaha, but you sold the team? I bet you will be the first one waiting in line for Brewers/Cubs tickets so you can sell them on eBay for twice the face value you. Won't you Bud! Admit already you scam artist!:tool
dont defy me! i was the one selling red sox playoff tickets(aside from the ones i gave to ben affleck..he's so dreamy) for 5000% markup! i can destroy you!
dont forget...i still have my chief assassin....
remember me bi&^&^s? i kill you all, and charge you for it!

Gene

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 10:50 AM
LOL...I'm pretty sure I have seat 9 &10 on Friday and 3 & 4 on Saturday (117, row 6). I will have more people interested if you are selling, so unless you got any takers I call dibs!
lol, this is awesome, maybe we can make section 117 a Sox section??

On Saturday I should be sitting Row 11 though because I have 4 of my friends coming with. All but 1 are Sox fans. Unfortunately, YES, the other one is a Scrubbie.

I'll be sporting my home White Sox jersey, you can't miss me, I'll be the only Sox jersey you have EVER see with the number 84.

I got Section 117 Row 6 seats 1 & 2 for both Friday and Saturday. If none of my friends want the one's for Saturday I'll make sure I contact you.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 10:53 AM
:tool
dont defy me! i was the one selling red sox playoff tickets(aside from the ones i gave to ben affleck..he's so dreamy) for 5000% markup! i can destroy you!
dont forget...i still have my chief assassin....
remember me bi&^&^s? i kill you all, and charge you for it!

Gene
:lynch&mcfail
"5000% mark up? That's little leagues Bud. We sold our tickets vs. the Yankees to our own ticket broker and they sold $55 tickets for over $1,000 each! I'm too busy trying to find us a closer and making up trade rumors to satisfy our fans' needs. You do the math".

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
:lynch&mcfail
"5000% mark up? That's little leagues Bud. We sold our tickets vs. the Yankees to our own ticket broker and they sold $55 tickets for over $1,000 each! I'm too busy trying to find us a closer and making up trade rumors to satisfy our fans' needs. You do the math".:tool
...as the emporer of mlb...i get all tickets for ANY GAME for a can of miller beer.....yep...one cans gets me every game....so that markup is more like 1 billion percent...i just said teh 5000 number as a measuring stick for you peoons....

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm in sec 117, row 6 on saturday!

Gene, do us all a favor and shut up.

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM

Gene, do us all a favor and shut up. Cool! Do I get to meet the better half of the Wilkes team? :wink:

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 11:16 AM

Gene, do us all a favor and shut up.but that's not as much fun!
Gene

Terry21fg
01-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Sec 126 Row 1!!!!! for only 10 bucks a piece!

chisoxmike
01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I got them for Friday night, blechers, first row in left. The web site is messed up so I called them.

jake27
01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
i got 126, row 2 for saturdays game. wanted to be by carlos of course (even tho he wont play much, if at all.) a wsi tailgate would be awesome too.

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Cool! Do I get to meet the better half of the Wilkes team? :wink:
Sure do. She'll be with me tonight as well.

Mickster
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Gene, do us all a favor and shut up.
Wilkes,

I think you're going to put a crimp in his plan to be the only WSI oracle....

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Sure do. She'll be with me tonight as well.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/simpsons/images/173/burns.jpg

"Exxxxxcellent"

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Wilkes,

I think you're going to put a crimp in his plan to be the only WSI oracle.... :reinsy

Wilkes is on my payroll now...

(evil laugh)

:selig

Yes, we control him. He is the evil "empoorer" of WSI.

Dick Allen
01-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Just ordered my tickets for April 2, section 122, 2nd row behind the Sox dugout. As you folks may have seen from this thread, if you order online, the "best seats available" always came up in section 117, which isn't bad if you don't mind sitting behind the screen. You get better results if you call the 800 #. Either way, keep me posted on the tailgate party. I'll be wearing my 1972 red-pinstripe jersey, Dick Allen of course.

ktssox
01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Section 126, Row 2. Saturday?

Left field, so we can say hi to Carlos. It sounds like the place is going to be filled with Sox fans.

Rocklive99
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Got mine for Sat, sec 117 :bandance: Let's take over that park!

I hope they play regulars, I don't remember if the regs played when they did this in SF a couple years ago, but I remember Garland pitching. I also hope they still do the sausage race :redface:

Infallible
01-14-2005, 07:25 PM
117 row 20 will be there with mrs and daughter

MarkZ35
01-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Guys ... This Is My First Post But I've Been Getting All Of My White Sox Insider From You Guys For The Last Two Years ... I Purchased Tickets Thru Ticketmaster and I Got Section 126 Row 2 So I Look Forward To Getting A Chance To Meet All You Guys And Hopefully Celebrating A White Sox Winner

jake27
01-15-2005, 12:43 AM

what seats are you? im section 126 row 2, seats 1 and 2...

jake27
01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey Guys ... This Is My First Post But I've Been Getting All Of My White Sox Insider From You Guys For The Last Two Years ... I Purchased Tickets Thru Ticketmaster and I Got Section 126 Row 2 So I Look Forward To Getting A Chance To Meet All You Guys And Hopefully Celebrating A White Sox Winner
again what seat #'s u have, i have section 126, row 2, seats 1 and 2... also :welcome:

jake27
01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Section 126, Row 2. Saturday?

Left field, so we can say hi to Carlos. It sounds like the place is going to be filled with Sox fans.

wow same as the other past 3 posts. im 126, row 2, seats 1 & 2, what are you?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Does anyone need 5 tickets to the 4/1 game? I have 5 in section 117 that I accidently ordered thinking they were for 4/2. It seems as if the Brewers won't give me a refund. If anyone is interested, I will charge you what Ticket Master charged me for the tickets, $92. They're great seats. Take a bunch of your friends and charge them $20 each, make some profit :D: .

PM me if you're interested in the tickets.

MUsoxfan
01-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Does anyone need 5 tickets to the 4/1 game? I have 5 in section 117 that I accidently ordered thinking they were for 4/2. It seems as if the Brewers won't give me a refund. If anyone is interested, I will charge you what Ticket Master charged me for the tickets, $92. They're great seats. Take a bunch of your friends and charge them $20 each, make some profit :D: .

PM me if you're interested in the tickets.

My friends are smarter than the average bears and will probably be pissed when they see the $15 on the ticket

MarkZ35
01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
again what seat #'s u have, i have section 126, row 2, seats 1 and 2... also :welcome: For Friday I Got Seats 6, 7, 8, and 9

QueerGirrl
01-15-2005, 05:06 PM
My girlfriend and I are making a weekend of it and are going to both games. I just got the tixs off the Brewers site (Friday 4/1, Section 117, Row 15, Seats 19 & 20 and Saturday 4/2, Section 118, Row 8, Seats 9 & 10) and I'm pumped!! Count us in for any WSI get-togethers. P13 keep me informed. :bandance: :gulp:

BridgePortNative
01-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Man this is gonna be sweet having the park filled with Sox Fans.

:bandance: :dtroll: :bandance:

Chrisaway
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll be there too. Not sure exactly where (left field) as my friend just got the tickets. But Im tryl;u looking forward to seeing all the sox fans there and saying hi to good ol CLee.

anewman35
01-15-2005, 07:04 PM
118, Row 6 for Saturday.

soxwon
01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
i got 5 rows behind sox dugout for $35 total price awesome!!!
thats the saturday game!!!

soxwon
01-16-2005, 06:26 PM
move this to the monster thread- thank you.

palehosepub
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I am bringing a group to the April 2 game vs. Brewers. There is a Best Western (phone (414)671-6400) 1.5 miles from Miller park called Best Western Woodview. Ask for the "managers special" and you can get a room with 2 beds for $63 including continental breakfast. A safe bet instead of driving home after a few pops. Hope to see a bunch of Sox fans there celebrating the start of the season!

Palehose13
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I converted my friend Scot to the "Sox-side" this weekend. He's still a Brewer fan, but he was really impressed with Sox Fest and the players, etc.

Anyway, I bought a 3x5 flag for the Saturday tailgate. I will be going to both games, but Saturday I'll bring ther grill and make Brats in the famous "Shmaz". Looking forward to a big tailgate party, and IIRC Miller park opens EARLY for tailgaters. Much earlier than the Cell's 2 hours.

I will make more concrete plans as we get closer to the event.

Brian26
01-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Looking forward to a big tailgate party, and IIRC Miller park opens EARLY for tailgaters. Much earlier than the Cell's 2 hours.

More time for fights, I guess.

ewokpelts
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
I am bringing a group to the April 2 game vs. Brewers. There is a Best Western (phone (414)671-6400) 1.5 miles from Miller park called Best Western Woodview. Ask for the "managers special" and you can get a room with 2 beds for $63 including continental breakfast. A safe bet instead of driving home after a few pops. Hope to see a bunch of Sox fans there celebrating the start of the season!
on wisconsin ave?
Gene

palehosepub
01-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Here is the hotel info from my reservation:
HOTEL NAME: B/W Woods View Inn
ADDRESS: 5501 W National Ave
West Milwaukee
Wisconsin 53214-3414
DIRECTIONS: ?From: Chicago.^Take Interstate 94 North Towards
Milwaukee, Exit Interstate 94 West Towards
Madison Exit Is On The Left (Do Not Take 894
Bypass). Exit Miller Parkway (The Exit Is On The
Left) Exit 308b Then Take A Right At The First
Stoplight (National Avenue And Highway 59 West)
The Best Western Woods View Inn Is Ten Blocks Up
On The Left Hand Side.

Palehose13
01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Here is the hotel info from my reservation:
HOTEL NAME: B/W Woods View Inn
ADDRESS: 5501 W National Ave
West Milwaukee
Wisconsin 53214-3414
DIRECTIONS: ?From: Chicago.^Take Interstate 94 North Towards
Milwaukee, Exit Interstate 94 West Towards
Madison Exit Is On The Left (Do Not Take 894
Bypass). Exit Miller Parkway (The Exit Is On The
Left) Exit 308b Then Take A Right At The First
Stoplight (National Avenue And Highway 59 West)
The Best Western Woods View Inn Is Ten Blocks Up
On The Left Hand Side.

This is right near the ballpark and not downtown.

ktssox
01-17-2005, 11:26 AM
wow same as the other past 3 posts. im 126, row 2, seats 1 & 2, what are you?

Seats 15 through 18. This is going to be great.

TornLabrum
01-17-2005, 12:15 PM
We're in Section 118, Row 6, Seats 4-5.

I want Mags back
01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
at Miller Park.
that would be great!!!

Sox Tickets Calendar on their website already has it listed. I think an annual I-94 war would be great, since we arent in the same league any more.

steff
01-18-2005, 08:27 AM
those wis-coon-sun-ites have infected you....i've lost a good friend up there...he even went native....runs around marquette with a grizzly adams beard and bear pelts..........too bad the bear pelts are a sign that he's still a bears fan...the killer cheese head tribes dont like bear fans....
Gene

Am I the only one that found the comment above a bit racist..?

whitesoxwilkes
01-18-2005, 08:44 AM

Racist? Nahhh. Just dumb.

But we're pretty used to that from Gene by now.

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Racist? Nahhh. Just dumb.

But we're pretty used to that from Gene by now.
Thanks.....

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I dont see how I'm being racist....many different ethnicities live in Wisconsin, and I didnt even THINK about singling one out...I made a generalization of Wisconsinites, one that many people south of that border make. MInd you, some wisconsinites think we're all rich , gullible vacationers just waiting to get fleeced. And then there's the state police, are only doing thier job when they pull over illinois motorists...

Gene

p.s. that part about my friend is true....he did grow a grizzly adams beard....

steff
01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I dont see how I'm being racist....many different ethnicities live in Wisconsin, and I didnt even THINK about singling one out...I made a generalization of Wisconsinites, one that many people south of that border make. MInd you, some wisconsinites think we're all rich , gullible vacationers just waiting to get fleeced. And then there's the state police, are only doing thier job when they pull over illinois motorists...

Gene

p.s. that part about my friend is true....he did grow a grizzly adams beard....

IMO, your "coon" comment was racist. Moving on...

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 03:08 PM
IMO, your "coon" comment was racist. Moving on...
Upon further review, I see what you were referring to. Maybe it should read "Wis-cuhn-sun"..... sorry it offended you....
Gene

Foulke You
01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Going to Saturday's game with my Brewer fan friends from Racine, WI. Section 126- Row 6. 3rd Base side. Prime foul ball territory. Looking forward to returning to Miller for the first time since the '02 exhibition game. Also looking forward to a baseball filled 3 day weekend since I'm taking Opening Day off on Monday.:smile:

thepaulbowski
01-19-2005, 09:03 AM
going to the Saturday game, Sec 118 row 19 seat 22 & 23

Brian26
01-19-2005, 01:29 PM
I recently read that they are having some engineering problems with the tracks that the dome sections move on. Because the problem is going to be costly to solve, they are apparently limiting the opening/closing of the roof this season. It's supposed to be closed for a majority of the time. Anyone have any other news on this?

thepaulbowski
01-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I recently read that they are having some engineering problems with the tracks that the dome sections move on. Because the problem is going to be costly to solve, they are apparently limiting the opening/closing of the roof this season. It's supposed to be closed for a majority of the time. Anyone have any other news on this?

I don't have all the details, but I was talking to a vendor of ours in Milwaukee about this. I guess they are talking about $8-10 million in repairs. From what he said, they are starting to got into litigation with the folks who built it.

steff
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Not sure about Saturday.. but we're in a suite for Friday's game. Val.. be sure to keep me in the loop about the TG.

ewokpelts
01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't have all the details, but I was talking to a vendor of ours in Milwaukee about this. I guess they are talking about $8-10 million in repairs. From what he said, they are starting to got into litigation with the folks who built it.
The state of wisconsin AND the brewers are tryin to sue the contractors....this issue is partially related to the crane incident, as well as shoddy workmanship...
Gene

Palehose13
01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Not sure about Saturday.. but we're in a suite for Friday's game. Val.. be sure to keep me in the loop about the TG.

Most definitely. I was planning on having the big TG on Saturday, but if you won't be there Saturday we can have one on Friday also. I love drinking with Jim. BTW...ask him now what he thinks of me picking New England over Indy. :wink:

thepaulbowski
01-19-2005, 03:56 PM
The state of wisconsin AND the brewers are tryin to sue the contractors....this issue is partially related to the crane incident, as well as shoddy workmanship...
Gene

Oh, I forgot about that. Didn't somebody die in that accident?

Palehose13
01-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh, I forgot about that. Didn't somebody die in that accident?

Three construction workers died.

IIRC, they finally just settled within the past month.

Rocklive99
02-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I got my tix in the mail today :bandance:

cubhater
02-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I got my tix in the mail today :bandance:

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.:(: But I have great seats...section 124, row 3, seats 12-14 on the aisle!:bandance:

A.T. Money
02-04-2005, 09:42 AM
I got some awesome seats for both games. Right on top of the plate!

OzzieBall2004
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM

Is there a deal on suites? Maybe something for STH's? I'd love to get a group together if they were reasonable...let me know...thanks!