PDA

View Full Version : 2005 AL Central Predictions

Chicago83
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
With most of the offseason moves already done, how do you see the Central Division shaping up next year? Personally I have no faith in what any team other the sox have done this year. Twins have only lost players, Tigers signed Percival(LOL), and the Indians have really been the only ones to make a step forward with Milwood. But I still see this division as very weak and winnable, Indians have weak pitcing and no bullpen, Tigers have the same problem and a weaker offense, Twins will need another Cy Young winner to do anything. Here are my bold predictions.

1. White Sox- 90-72
2. Indians- 84-78
3. Twins- 81-81
4. Tigers- 72-90
5. Royals- 55-107

We will be chased by the Twinks and Indians all year, but with five starters we will win much more consistently and cruise to a division title. Your thoughts?

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 04:20 PM
I pretty much agree with your order. W-L doesn't really matter, so long as the Sox get it done.

BeerHandle
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
With most of the offseason moves already done, how do you see the Central Division shaping up next year? Personally I have no faith in what any team other the sox have done this year. Twins have only lost players, Tigers signed Percival(LOL), and the Indians have really been the only ones to make a step forward with Milwood. But I still see this division as very weak and winnable, Indians have weak pitcing and no bullpen, Tigers have the same problem and a weaker offense, Twins will need another Cy Young winner to do anything. Here are my bold predictions.

1. White Sox- 90-72
2. Indians- 84-78
3. Twins- 81-81
4. Tigers- 72-90
5. Royals- 55-107

We will be chased by the Twinks and Indians all year, but with five starters we will win much more consistently and cruise to a division title. Your thoughts?
The Sun Shines on a Dogs Arse Every Now And Again!

NonetheLoaiza
01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
It is going to be the Twins' division to lose. They have showed the last couple years that no matter how their offseason goes, they play as a team and seem to get it done. However, I think the Sox will be able to do it, because we have the most complete lineup we've had in years. A true leadoff hitter, an above average pen, and 5 starters (barring injuries). That being said...I see this...

SOX 91-71
Twins 86-76
Indians 79-83
Tigers 70-92
Royals 63-99

JUribe1989
01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
1. Sox
2. Twins
3. Indians
4. Tigers
5. Royals

Chicago83
01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
It is going to be the Twins' division to lose. They have showed the last couple years that no matter how their offseason goes, they play as a team and seem to get it done.

You may be right about this, but for some reason I see the Twins finally dropping out of the race, their team just doesn't look that good and I just don't see them challenging for a fourth straight year. I don't think Santana will come back as strong as last year and without him the twins are worthless. Of couse I could have said something like this for the past couple of years and I would have been completely wrong but we will see.

fquaye149
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
1. Sox
2. Twins
3. Indians
4. Tigers
5. Royals
seems about right.

i don't know what makes anyone think that the indians will jump the twins.

NonetheLoaiza
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
You may be right about this, but for some reason I see the Twins finally dropping out of the race, their team just doesn't look that good and I just don't see them challenging for a fourth straight year. I don't think Santana will come back as strong as last year and without him the twins are worthless. Of couse I could have said something like this for the past couple of years and I would have been completely wrong but we will see.
I agree with you, I can't see them winning it this year. I'm just afraid by saying that, they will whip us again. Anyways, heres to a successful 05 campaign....:cheers:

zach074
01-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Sox.
Tribe
Twinkes
Royals
Tigers

California Sox
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I think it's a tight race all the way to the wire, with the Sox barely pulling it out at the end.

Sox 87-75
Twins 85-77
Indians 84-78
Det 72-90
KC 68-94

The Indians scare me the most of any team in the division. If their bullpen did not absolutely blow for the first two months of the season last year, they would've been in it to the last weekend.

Uribe=MVP
01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Predicting records is pretty much pointless when you are dealing with 162 games (any correct prediction is blind luck) so I will offer the order.

Twins
Sox
Indians
Tigers
Royals

It pains me to type this, but every year passes and the Twins lose more people, but Terry Ryan always has someone waiting in the wings to fill the void. Until the South Siders buck this trend I can't let my optimism about our improved pitching staff get the better of me. I do think it will be a very close race.

SoxBoy14
01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Sox
Indians
Twins
Tigers
Royals

The Royals and Tigers probably won't be a problem this season, but I predict some intensity this year when the Sox play the Tribe and Twinkies, just because all three see themselves as potential ALC champs.

RKMeibalane
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
1. Twins
2. Sox
3. Indians
4. Tigers
5. Royals

MRKARNO
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
The Twins are not the Atlanta Braves (a lock to win the division year in and year out) and wont win the division. The White Sox will win the division, followed by the Twins, then Cleveland or Detroit, then the other, then the Royals.

RKMeibalane
01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
The Twins are not the Atlanta Braves (a lock to win the division year in and year out) and wont win the division. The White Sox will win the division, followed by the Twins, then Cleveland or Detroit, then the other, then the Royals.
I understand that, but until the Sox play well enough to overtake them, Minnesota should be given the benefit of the doubt.

konerko1413
01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
their team hasnt exactly looked good in a few years, and compared to what the sox have gone into the season with, the looked horrible, but they still found a way to win

OurBitchinMinny
01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Just a gut feeling

1. Tribe
2. White Sox
3. Twins
4. Tigers
5. KC

Nothing scientific. The final rosters arent even set. The tribe have a pretty solid starting staff and their young guys are a year older. They have wickman healthy. Im sure I will be wrong, but this current sox team has so many questions. Any one of the teams 1-3 could win the division and maybe the tigers can be a factor. They have the best closer (nathan has only done it for 1 year, same with shingo) in the division now, but you need to have the lead for a closer to be of any use. This is my gut feeling

fquaye149
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
The tribe have a pretty solid starting staff
no they don't.

and the SOX team has too many questions....but the TRIBE will win...?

Do we HONESTLY need to detail the myriad questions surrounding the possibility of Indians success?

Jerome
01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
THIS is the year the Sox overtake the Twins.

(Pay no attention to yrs 2002-04)

Seriously though, our pitching should put us above any challenge the central throws at us. I'm worried about the hitting, but I honestly believe that Dye will step up this year.

johnny_mostil
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
no they don't.

Do we HONESTLY need to detail the myriad questions surrounding the possibility of Indians success?
Apparently we do. Minny worships at the altar of the Golden Hafner.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Chicago ==== 92-70
Minnesota === 84-78
Detriot ===== 74-88
Cleveland === 72-90
Kansas City == 61-101

I think Cleveland will be very disappointing next year. I'm probably wrong but who knows. And Detroit, they still don't have any pitching, but their lineup will have one successful year under their belts and will only be better next year. They are interested in Magglio Ordonez and their offseason hasn't been too shabby yet.

But, as long as the ChiSox are in first by year's end, im happy.

ChiSoxJay
01-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I think it'll be a dog fight between the Sox, Indians, and Twins. The Indians team is starting to remind me of the Twins from a couple years back when Jones, Hunter, Guzman..etc were all beginning to get noticed. The addition of Boone & Millwood makes this team a legit contender in the Central. I still think the Sox have the best starting rotation and hopefully that will be the x-factor.

OEO Magglio
01-10-2005, 08:53 PM
no they don't.

No kidding, I'm with you. I would be absolutely shocked if Cleveland finishes above .500.

bhayes520
01-10-2005, 08:57 PM
The Good Guys 90-72
The Tribe 84-78
The Twinkies 78-84
The Tigres 72-90
The Not-so-Royals 65-97

darklord23
01-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Sox can easily win the division if they play to their potential a lot

Vestigio
01-10-2005, 11:10 PM
The Tribe has 3 solid SPs, they overpaid an overrated pither in Millwood who had .485 in the National League, they have a horrible bullpen, they lost Vizquel and Lawton, and their offense last year was fluke. The way I see it...

Twins (till the Sox can prove that they can hang with Twins)
Sox (still a little concerned about the offense)
Indians
Tigers
Royals

NSSoxFan2
01-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Sox
Twins
Tigers
Indians
Royals

I don't know, but the Tribe doesn't really scare me too much.

gosox41
01-11-2005, 08:54 AM
But the Twins are the team to beat in the division until some one knocks them off. As much as I am excited about my season the Sox need to turn this picture around against the Twins:

:kermit

Bob

SOXSINCE'70
01-11-2005, 09:00 AM
1.Twins
2.Indians
3.Sox
4.Tigers
5.Royals

I'm picking the Sox for third.If the pressure's off and no one
picks them,they'll win the division.No one picked them in
2000.You saw what happened.:D: :D: :D:

mweflen
01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
The Twinks have a weak infield, a slightly above average outfield, and a strong rotation/pen.

The Sox have a weak infield, a slightly above average outfield, and a strong rotation/pen.

I'm tossing my hands up in the air on this one. All things being equal, Minnesota usually finds a way to beat us. But maybe the remaining Sox who've experienced it for the past 4 seasons are tired of laying down like corpses and taking it like that.

Sox 87 - 75
Twins 86 - 76
Tigers 81 - 81
Indians 80 - 82
Royals 74 - 88

Sox-on-TV44
01-11-2005, 11:38 AM
1.SOX
2.Twins
3.Tigers
4.Indians
5.Royals

idiotAllDAWay
01-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey this is my first post.

These are my predictions.
Sox
Twins
Indians
Tigers
Royals

jordan23ventura
01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
The Twinks have a weak infield, a slightly above average outfield, and a strong rotation/pen.

The Sox have a weak infield, a slightly above average outfield, and a strong rotation/pen.

Weak infield? Crede-Uribe-Harris-Konerko is much better than 'weak' defensively, and I don't think anyone will be surprised to see Harris and Crede improve a bit with the bat. If they do, and Konerko and Uribe stay where they are, we have an awesome infield for the price (about 12mil?).

mcfish
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
1.Twins
2.Indians
3.Sox
4.Tigers
5.Royals

I'm picking the Sox for third.If the pressure's off and no one
picks them,they'll win the division.No one picked them in
2000.You saw what happened.:D: :D: :D:No one picked the Sox last year either, and we saw what happened...

mcfish
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm tossing my hands up in the air on this one. All things being equal, Minnesota usually finds a way to beat us. But maybe the remaining Sox who've experienced it for the past 4 seasons are tired of laying down like corpses and taking it like that.But we have the X-Factor Pierzynski now. He won't let us lose to the Twins. I see the series going 17-2 for the Sox, with the only losses being days that AJ takes off.

mweflen
01-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Weak infield? Crede-Uribe-Harris-Konerko is much better than 'weak' defensively, and I don't think anyone will be surprised to see Harris and Crede improve a bit with the bat. If they do, and Konerko and Uribe stay where they are, we have an awesome infield for the price (about 12mil?). I added some emphasis to your quote.

As it stands right now, they're fine if unspectacular defensively, we have one big run producer (who seems to do all of his producing at home), two historically weak sticks, and one guy who had a career season last year.

Will they improve further? Maybe. But you don't win titles with potential - and it isn't reasonable to base predictions on hoped-for improvements.

fquaye149
01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I added some emphasis to your quote.

As it stands right now, they're fine if unspectacular defensively, we have one big run producer (who seems to do all of his producing at home), two historically weak sticks, and one guy who had a career season last year.

Will they improve further? Maybe. But you don't win titles with potential - and it isn't reasonable to base predictions on hoped-for improvements.
But 24 and 25 year old players with 2 years big-league experience also don't generally stay the same playing ability or regress.

What is the breakthrough age? How old are Crede, Uribe, and Harris.

You can say no-talent all you want, but there is certainly some reason to think they will improve.

mweflen
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
But 24 and 25 year old players with 2 years big-league experience also don't generally stay the same playing ability or regress.

You can say no-talent all you want, but there is certainly some reason to think they will improve. By no means whatsoever am I saying these players lack talent. I happen to like two of them tons.

I'm just saying it's foolish to bank on improvement from them when trying to predict whether or not the team will succeed.

You can make predictions based on a player's established levels of performance, sure. A guy who has put up consistent numbers, whatever they are, for 2 or 3 seasons. Crede and Harris have been pretty consistent so far - Crede has hit for some power, but not very well for average, while Willie has hit for neither. Uribe, on the other hand, has seen a surge in production over his career stats. But can you really say any of them are bound to improve in 2005? I think that's a stretch - I should know, it's the same stretching exercise I've been doing since 2001 as a Sox fan.

Arguing "breakthrough age" is silly. When was Scott Podsednik's breakthough age? When was Albert Pujols'? Randy Johnson's? It's all over the chart, which is another reason it's silly to make predictions based on a perceived chance of a "breakthrough."

fquaye149
01-11-2005, 03:44 PM
By no means whatsoever am I saying these players lack talent. I happen to like two of them tons.

I'm just saying it's foolish to bank on improvement from them when trying to predict whether or not the team will succeed.

You can make predictions based on a player's established levels of performance, sure. A guy who has put up consistent numbers, whatever they are, for 2 or 3 seasons. Crede and Harris have been pretty consistent so far - Crede has hit for some power, but not very well for average, while Willie has hit for neither. Uribe, on the other hand, has seen a surge in production over his career stats. But can you really say any of them are bound to improve in 2005? I think that's a stretch - I should know, it's the same stretching exercise I've been doing since 2001 as a Sox fan.

Arguing "breakthrough age" is silly. When was Scott Podsednik's breakthough age? When was Albert Pujols'? Randy Johnson's? It's all over the chart, which is another reason it's silly to make predictions based on a perceived chance of a "breakthrough."
i understand what you're saying...but podsednik never played major league ball before his "breakthrough" year. Uribe, Crede, and Willie have at least a full year starting under their belt and are 25, 26 and 26 respectively. Therefore, it's reasonable to expect they would IMPROVE as opposed to stay the same or regress. However, you're right, it's impossible to expect they will improve, or predict by how much.

I'm just saying there's good reason to believe one of the three, or all, will have better years than last.

mweflen
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I totally hope that Crede and Harris pull it together - if they did, we'd have a pretty threatening lineup all the way down to 9.

I can't realistically see Harris figuring out lefties, though. He was just brutal against them in 04. So I'd prefer bringing in at least a platoon-mate for him, instead of hoping he just magically figures things out by April.

SouthSideSid
01-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Chicago
Minnesota
Cleveland
Detroit
KC

Everything I see in the Central is colored by the desire for Sox dominance, but
I really don't see where any of the other teams in the division are as good as our Sox. On paper - In January - it is easy to talk about it, but the Sox pitching hasn't looked this deep for several years and the offense hasn't had this much speed for a long time as well. I think this is the team that Ozzie wants and he will know what to do with them.

1st post from an Arizona Sox fan - Just got my tickets to Cubs-Sox spring training game in March.

basilesox
01-11-2005, 05:06 PM

You can say no-talent all you want, but there is certainly some reason to think they will improve.

I happened to be cursed enough to have a friend who is a Twins fans..........so I have to remind you. (because he always does)

That the Twins have some very good young players who are a year older too.

Lew Ford
Justin Morneau
Restovich
Cuddyer
Joe Mauer
and Juan Rincon

Not too mention.......Santana is only 25.

I think the Twins are being severly underestimated in this thread.

fquaye149
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
might be. but where's the pitching?

The exception in young players is when they have wild success. Santana will not have a bad year, but I would be surprised to see him surpass last year's. Not because of a physical change in his pitching, but rather because of the attention paid to him. Last year at the all star break it was Santana who? This is year it's Johan Santana and the Minnesota Twins.

If he can repeat last year's season, then he is truly a great pitcher. But let's not assume that.

Anyway, besides him , their pitching is rather mediocre. I'm sure this has been hashed and rehashed in many threads, but until the paper crumbles and the season starts, what can we say but we're the favorite on paper. Their lineup is probably better than our lineup (although they really have no one who can touch our bright spots of Frank and Paulie[if he repeats his 2004 not 2003]) but the fact is, our pitching top to bottom looks very solid while theirs still has question marks at the bottom of their rotation (mays, mullholland, lohse?!?!?...and is Silva really any good? And what kind of number 2 IS Brad Radke). Their bullpen is fine...but probably doesn't have the depth of ours (Lips' comments about "any bullpen that has adkins and cotts..." aside).

Whatever. On paper, we're better than last year while they're a little worse. The fact of the matter is

a.) we can compete

b.) if you think anyone is "ignoring" the twins...you should think again. I doubt there's anyone on this site who assumes we will walk away with the division.

chisox77
01-11-2005, 05:32 PM
White Sox ------ 93-69
Twins ---------- 88-74
Indians --------- 82-80
Tigers ---------- 81-81
Royals ---------- 62-100

:gulp: :supernana:

basilesox
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I am not saying that I think we don't have a shot at winning the division. I think the division is pretty wide open right now....with my heart pulling for the sox....but my head saying that the Sox, Twins, and Indians all have their shots depending on who stays healthy and which young players improve.

It is very difficult to determine how much we have improved this offseason. We have lost two players in Mags and CLee who have put up impressive numbers the last 5 plus years. I do agree that our pitching should be better from every perspective as long as El Duque stays healthy.

I was just stating that:

The Twins (and the Indians for that matter) have just as many good young players than us. So for us to say that we will take the division because our young talent (Crede, Harris, Rowand) will improve more than the other two teams is pretty far fetched.

I want to be a realist here:

And I think your being an optimist when you talk about Santana not repeating what he did last year. Maybe the average fan did not know who Santana was.......but I guarantee you the whole league knew about him after his 2003 season. The guy is plain and simple the best pitcher in baseball right now. After he reeled off 10 plus wins in a row last year....nobody caught on and figured him out by the end of the season and its not going to happen this year.

And also.......Carlos Silva = Jon Garland....both haven't mounted to anything yet and are about the same in my book.

basilesox
01-11-2005, 05:38 PM
My predictions........

Sox 90-72
Twins 89-73
Indians 85-77

Big Drop off...

Tigers 63-99
Royals 61-101

That being said injuries could have a major effect on the order of the big three

Some other predictions

Oakland 62-100 (they can't compete with the big boys in the West)

Also the AL is much better than the NL does anybody else see this or is it just me.

bhayes520
01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Look at the NL. They have teams like the Mets (Next WS champs once they get slammy), the Rockies, the Washington Nationals (easily 90+ wins only becuase of their new surroundings), the Brew Crew, the Reds, the Pirates, the Astros (especially w/o beltran, kent, maybe clemens, and an injured Pettite), the Cubs (ya baby! Cody Ransom - The next alex gonzalez), and don't forget Arizona, the 2001 world series champs - Randy Johnson - Curt Schilling - most of the team.

Now, take a look at the terrible American League - Boston: World Series Champs, added Edgar ---- Spankees: they have a 200 million dollar payroll, you have to be at least decent, right??? Blue Jays: Billy Kock and Scott Schoenweis!!! ----- White Sox: theyare a small market team, they can't win, twins: they are from minnesota......Anaheim: 91 wins with tons of injuries, and a depleted west...Texas: up and coming, look for a monster year from Blalock...

SouthSideHitman
01-11-2005, 07:16 PM
White Sox 93 W
Twins 92 W
Indians 85 W
Tigers 78 W
Royals 56 W

downstairs
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
1. Sox 89-73
Indians 89-73
3. Twins 85-77
4. Tigers 71-91
5. Royals 62-99

Why not... Sox/Indians one-game playoff at Comiskey... Sox win 10-4...

(Oh yeah, then choke to the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California USA Brought To You By Disney, Inc" in the first round).

jordan23ventura
01-11-2005, 07:26 PM
1. Sox 89-73
Indians 89-73
3. Twins 85-77
4. Tigers 71-91
5. Royals 62-99

Why not... Sox/Indians one-game playoff at Comiskey... Sox win 10-4...

(Oh yeah, then choke to the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California USA Brought To You By Disney, Inc" in the first round).
Finally someone who isn't selling Cleveland short. They will have a huge offensive attack this year and if their starting pitching can hold up they will have a chance. They desperately need to improve their bullpen though.

I don't know what they expect from Peralta and Phillips since there was talk of trading Belliard, but if they want to chance it they could try dealing Belliard for a closer and push Wickman into a setup role. That could help them a bunch. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sox jersey for that matter.

fquaye149
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Finally someone who isn't selling Cleveland short. They will have a huge offensive attack this year and if their starting pitching can hold up they will have a chance. They desperately need to improve their bullpen though.

I don't know what they expect from Peralta and Phillips since there was talk of trading Belliard, but if they want to chance it they could try dealing Belliard for a closer and push Wickman into a setup role. That could help them a bunch. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sox jersey for that matter.
where's the tag that depicts someone smoking crack?

huge offensive attack?

jordan23ventura
01-11-2005, 07:52 PM
where's the tag that depicts someone smoking crack?

huge offensive attack?Huge offensive attack for the weak AL Central. Look at last year's numbers for these guys (except for Boone):

1. Crisp RF .297/15/71/.344/.446
2. Belliard 2B .282/12/70/.348/.426
3. Hafner DH .311/28/109/.410/.583
4. Martinez C .283/23/108/.359/.492
5. Blake LF .271/28/88/.354/.486
6. Boone 3B probably about .270/24/80/.332/.438
7. Broussard 1B .275/17/82/.370/.488
8. Sizemore CF ??
9. Peralta/Phillips SS/2B ??

Most of these guys are just starting to come into their own. Cleveland will be stronger than a lot of people think (at least in this division) with the bat, but the key is their pitching. If that can't hold up, expect them to lose a lot 6-5 type games.

basilesox
01-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Huge offensive attack for the weak AL Central. Look at last year's numbers for these guys (except for Boone):

8. Sizemore CF ??

Most of these guys are just starting to come into their own. Cleveland will be stronger than a lot of people think (at least in this division) with the bat, but the key is their pitching. If that can't hold up, expect them to lose a lot 6-5 type games.

I agree they might have the best offense in the AL Central with Hafner, Martinez, and Broussard.

Hafner has the potential to battle for the AL MVP....but we will see.

Still, there bullpen is horrrid and not all of these guys Sizemore, Crisp, Phillips, etc are gonna get better next year.
Minnesota with its solid bullpen is a slightly larger threat than Cleveland.
Especially if Nathan repeats what he did. I don't think Nathan will be as good as he was last year, but I have a feeling that Santana will.

fquaye149
01-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Huge offensive attack for the weak AL Central. Look at last year's numbers for these guys (except for Boone):

8. Sizemore CF ??

so how many runs did these big shooters score last year...you know, aside from the sizemore and phillips ??'s

jordan23ventura
01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
so how many runs did these big shooters score last year...you know, aside from the sizemore and phillips ??'sThe ??'s are there because neither Phillips/Peralta/Sizemore played enough games to judge their performance. But, you would know this if you had any idea what you were talking about. Here are last years stats, and keep in mind that the Sox offensive numbers are inflated in many cases from playing in USCF, and the offense as a whole will be totally changed next year. Next time, you do the research.

5th in AL in runs scored (858); Sox 3rd
3rd in AL in OBP (.351); Sox 8th
4th in AL in AVG (.276); Sox 8th
4th in AL in BB (606); Sox 10th
4th in AL in hits (1565); Sox 11th
2nd in AL in doubles (345); Sox 8th
8th in AL in HR (184); Sox 1st
5th in AL in RBI (820); Sox 4th
6th in AL in SLG (.444); Sox 3rd

The big difference here, and my whole point, is that the Tribe could be only another quality starter, a closer, and a reliever or two away from a division. I don't think they are going to finish above the Sox, but they certainly will contend. Also, Cleveland's offense hasn't changed much at all. Lawton is gone, but his production will be replaced. It can also be expected that some of the players mentioned (i.e. Broussard, Martinez, Blake, etc.) may improve further. The Sox on the other hand have an entirely new team. The only reason I even included the Sox ranking in here is because the next post would probably be something to the effect of 'where did the Sox rank?'

Frater Perdurabo
01-12-2005, 09:49 AM
1. Sox
2. Twins
3. Indians
4. Tigers
5. Royals

Agreed. Barring injuries, that is.