PDA

View Full Version : Full or Partial Season Ticket Holders

jabrch
01-10-2005, 01:44 PM
What are you doing this year compared to last year.

chidavid18
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Full:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
What are you doing this year compared to last year.Getting older.

Tekijawa
01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
After 3 years of looking at partial Season tickets, I finally sprung for a 13(14) game package this year... I don't know if that counts?

jackbrohamer
01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Full season, look for COLD weather and rain on April 4 for Opening Day.

jabrch
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
After 3 years of looking at partial Season tickets, I finally sprung for a 13(14) game package this year... I don't know if that counts?
Yup - that's more than last year.

fledgedrallycap
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
You need another option, Didn't, but only due to limited funds :D:

Tekijawa
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Yup - that's more than last year.
I usually go to about 20 games a year anyway... Probably end up going to about the same this year, just this time the money is earning interest in someone elses account... and I get to see more than one Sox Cubs game this year.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I had partial season tickets in 1991. It was my graduation present (thanks, dad!) I want to someday be a full season ticket holder. I may try to get the 9 game package this year, but I have to check the finances first...so I'm the "didn't buy any", but it's not cause I don't want to. Between gas $$ for the Jeep from Milwaukee to SS Chicago and the tickets...I can't afford it right now. :(:

thecell
01-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I had the 27 game plan for the past five years. But this year I didn't buy any. Considering the increase in price for weekend and "premiere" games I could not afford it again...plus with a little guy on the way, it doesn't help. I'll still try to get to as many games as I can. They should give me a credit for bringing another Sox fan into the world!

SoxFan78
01-10-2005, 02:36 PM
For the first year ever, I finally purchased the weekend plan. I have been wanting to do it for a while, and I finally got off of my butt and did it. Got the cheapest plan, but im in the first row of the upper bowl, right next to where the upper deck box seats start.

Already bought my opening day tickets and have all of my weekend ones coming. Looking forward to not waiting in line for tickets this year.

A question to season ticket holders now, should I expect any "perks" to being a season ticket holder this year?

rwcescato
01-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I have a 6 seat partial plan (27 games) on weekdays. I split with a few other friends and have had the same seats for 5 years now. Its still more games than I have time for.

Sad
01-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Two 9-game Minnie plans (2 tix each)
1 is lower BOX
1 is UD reserved

Tekijawa
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
A question to season ticket holders now, should I expect any "perks" to being a season ticket holder this year?
Pummelings at the concourse batting cages?

Tekijawa
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Two 9-game Minnie plans (2 tix each)
1 is lower BOX
1 is UD reserved
I picked up the 13/14 game plan because there are post season perks if we squeeze in...

jabrch
01-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I picked up the 13/14 game plan because there are post season perks if we squeeze in...
me too

CubKilla
01-10-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm considering one of the 27-game packages if I get similar interest from friends. But I will definitely be going to more games this year than last year considering the White Sox acted like they were a team that actually cared a bit this offseason.

I missed tailgating.

Hangar18
01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
We had a Partial Season Ticket plan, sparked because the SOX
went out and filled a major hole by getting Bartolo Colon and gave
themselves a REAL shot at the Division Title and Playoffs.
When the SOX cut payroll for the 2004 Season, We did the same.
I am a Tadahiro Iguchi away from Renewing though .............
they will have legitimately spent some of the money they "Saved",
though I still dont approve of this method of Building Championships

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I basically have a "most of the season" plan that I buy one game at a time. I'm never financially stable enough to buy season tickets at one time, but I have enough to do it one game at a time. So I make it to 40-50 games a year but I don't have the luxury of having the same seat. But who wants to be constained to the same great seats every game?

CubKilla
01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
they will have legitimately spent some of the money they "Saved",
though I still dont approve of this method of Building Championships
Is that what the Sox are calling this? Because you have to actually WIN a championship to claim you built one.

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 05:45 PM
For the first year ever, I finally purchased the weekend plan. I have been wanting to do it for a while, and I finally got off of my butt and did it. Got the cheapest plan, but im in the first row of the upper bowl, right next to where the upper deck box seats start.

Already bought my opening day tickets and have all of my weekend ones coming. Looking forward to not waiting in line for tickets this year.

A question to season ticket holders now, should I expect any "perks" to being a season ticket holder this year?it's not a bowl, it's a deck...as in UPPER DECK RESERVED/BOX...ect
Gene

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 05:47 PM

A question to season ticket holders now, should I expect any "perks" to being a season ticket holder this year?they usually give you some extra stuff, like media guides, bobble heads, ect, but it looks like full season holders get ALL the promo stuff mailed to them .....and it looks like they took away the media guides for split ticket holders....
that sux, just becasue i dont buy 81 games dosent make me any less deserving of promo stuff...the bulls give me all the promo items, and i only buy an 11 game plan...
Gene

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 05:49 PM
they usually give you some extra stuff, like media guides, bobble heads, ect, but it looks like full season holders get ALL the promo stuff mailed to them .....and it looks like they took away the media guides for split ticket holders....
that sux, just becasue i dont buy 81 games dosent make me any less deserving of promo stuff...the bulls give me all the promo items, and i only buy an 11 game plan...
GeneNo, full season ticket holders have to pick up the stuff at the park, just like the hoi polloi.

DannyCaterFan
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
For the sixth straight year, I bought the 27 game split season package again this year. I also bought the extra 3 Cubs/Sox games. Not sure how long I can keep this up since the management keeps raising ticket prices.

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
No, full season ticket holders have to pick up the stuff at the park, just like the hoi polloi.i gues you didnt ge the st brochure a few weeks ago....
Gene

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
i gues you didnt ge the st brochure a few weeks ago....
GeneI don't recall seeing anything that said they were mailing the stuff this year, but I may have missed it. I guess that means we're getting all small stuff this year.

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Is there for the 13 game plan but not the 9 game plan?

I think I may have money to get me a seat for one of those plans. Also, if I want to get an extra ticket (for a non-premium game) how would that work....anyone know?

Thanks!

jabrch
01-10-2005, 07:49 PM

I think I may have money to get me a seat for one of those plans. Also, if I want to get an extra ticket (for a non-premium game) how would that work....anyone know?

Thanks!

Yeah, playoff tickets included for the 13, but not the 9. As far as an extra ticket, for a non-premium game, just go to the box office or buy it on line once they go on sale. No special perks there.

champagne030
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
For the sixth straight year, I bought the 27 game split season package again this year. I also bought the extra 3 Cubs/Sox games. Not sure how long I can keep this up since the management keeps raising ticket prices.yes, for the 15th straight year i'm buying a 27 game package. my bleacher renewal in 2001 was $270/seat, now it's $694!!! i've also been doing the "sox seven" or whatever that package was since they started it. two years ago i added another 27 game package (row 2 box seats during the week cost about $3 more per seat - this tier pricing blows). i would've just got an 81 game package, but if you don't get the same seat for all 81 games you cannot get a "full" season ticket. people had our seats for the other package during the week or weekend. i always complained to my rep that this was bunk, but jerry makes the rules.....i wasn't going to give up my row one seats in the bleachers or row two box seats to move back 10-20 rows just to get the benefit of a "full" package. we made deals with the people who have the seats the other days to be covered in case of the playoffs. i don't know how that will be this year, since they have eliminated one of the weekday packages. anyway, i will not renew for a 9 or 13 game package this year (too many limitations - i used to get all three dubs games, and extra opening day tickets for my SOX friends). i will get opening day and the friday flubs with one package and the dubs games on the other. my friends are the losers this year because i won't be getting them the extra tickets. there is some benefits to "full" season tickets holders that a partial holder will not get, but i've become pretty tight with my rep and he calls with the extras for those events.....espn zone autograph parties, swag, bp (last year), vip tickets.....the best benefit to me is the sox charge account, where you can get extra tickets, in advance, without the service charge.

kaufsox
01-10-2005, 08:27 PM
A question to season ticket holders now, should I expect any "perks" to being a season ticket holder this year?[/QUOTE]

I had the same plan last year, and there are indeed a few perks. The best one is that you are not restricted to the upper deck. Just show them your season ticket and away you go. Next, and pretty great as well is the opportunity to trade in tickets you don't use. The last thing I can think of is that you will probably get a free gift or two. Last year I received a media guide and folding chair.

Having said all of that, I had to vote for "less than last year." Baby #1 the weekend plan was possible, Baby #2 nope! Maybe in a year or two we can go back to the weekend split.

JoseCanseco6969
01-10-2005, 08:38 PM
the best benefit to me is the sox charge account, where you can get extra tickets, in advance, without the service charge.
Is that available for the 13/14 game package??? And could you explain how that works??

champagne030
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Is that available for the 13/14 game package??? And could you explain how that works??i don't know if it's available with that package. it's basically a 'credit card' account.....you call your rep or the sox charge number and they 'charge' your account for the tickets...they send you a notice about a month later telling you that they charged your card and then it appears on your credit card statement.........

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Is that available for the 13/14 game package??? And could you explain how that works??only season ticket holders...that means the minniie and ozzie plans are screwed....it's a seperate box office for st holders....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:14 AM
yes, for the 15th straight year i'm buying a 27 game package. my bleacher renewal in 2001 was $270/seat, now it's $694!!! i've also been doing the "sox seven" or whatever that package was since they started it. two years ago i added another 27 game package (row 2 box seats during the week cost about $3 more per seat - this tier pricing blows). i would've just got an 81 game package, but if you don't get the same seat for all 81 games you cannot get a "full" season ticket. people had our seats for the other package during the week or weekend. i always complained to my rep that this was bunk, but jerry makes the rules.....i wasn't going to give up my row one seats in the bleachers or row two box seats to move back 10-20 rows just to get the benefit of a "full" package. we made deals with the people who have the seats the other days to be covered in case of the playoffs. i don't know how that will be this year, since they have eliminated one of the weekday packages. anyway, i will not renew for a 9 or 13 game package this year (too many limitations - i used to get all three dubs games, and extra opening day tickets for my SOX friends). i will get opening day and the friday flubs with one package and the dubs games on the other. my friends are the losers this year because i won't be getting them the extra tickets. there is some benefits to "full" season tickets holders that a partial holder will not get, but i've become pretty tight with my rep and he calls with the extras for those events.....espn zone autograph parties, swag, bp (last year), vip tickets.....the best benefit to me is the sox charge account, where you can get extra tickets, in advance, without the service charge.I call my rep direct about extra flubs tix....he got me LOTS of goo dones last year 3 weeks before the games, right when they released the last bloc of tix after st sales ended for the year....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:17 AM

Thanks!13 game plan has ALDS ticket offer...not the 9 game plan.
As for extra tix, there's the box office, or look around the boards, you 'll find somebody looking tounload tix....I also recomend chicago.craigslist.org it's an online classfieds section...i've sold bulls tix through here...no fees...yet
Gene

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't recall seeing anything that said they were mailing the stuff this year, but I may have missed it. I guess that means we're getting all small stuff this year.there wasa big brochure with sox pride on it.....it has a chart of all the various perks ticket holders get.....if you got teh book, it's in there....
Gene

Frater Perdurabo
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll buy the same. I go to one home Sox game (1000-mile one-way commute!) and to two in Texas.

DumpJerry
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Check back with me in October, then I will know how many I bought this year. I'm looking at the Minnie Plan, but will go to addtional games, of course.