PDA

View Full Version : Official "Magglio broke up with me and now I'm stalking him" thread

chisox hardcore
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
That article is the reason I am here. I am going to be very upset if he signs with the Cubs. I truly believe he will be healthy, and will put up monster numbers with whoever he plays for. :angry:
completely agreed.

i dont look forward to cubbie coworkers and friends rubbing it in my face that i'm a fan of a team that threw maggs away.

i hope he signs with somebody... anybody else.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 08:14 AM
completely agreed.

i dont look forward to cubbie coworkers and friends rubbing it in my face that i'm a fan of a team that threw maggs away.

i hope he signs with somebody... anybody else.
Sheesh... get a clue. The Sox didn't "throw him away." Magglio refused to let the Sox doctors examine his injured knee. To not "throw away Magglio" the Sox would have needed to offer him arbitration. In arbitration Magglio is guaranteed not less than 80 percent of his former salary no matter whether he is healthy enough to play a single game. Now that he is a free agent any other team can offer him whatever they want... including the incentive-based "show me" deals Magglio previously refused to sign.

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting and do something constructive with your time... like stalking Magglio at his home.

He doesn't love you anymore. Deal with it.

:maggs
"Dear John,..."

Hitmen77
01-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Coming off of that knee surgery, you'd think that Maggs would be a better fit with an AL team where the DH is available. It may be less of a risk for the O's to sign him than the Cubs - where he'd have to play in the outfield everyday or not be in the lineup.

chisox hardcore
01-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Sheesh... get a clue. The Sox didn't "throw him away." Magglio refused to let the Sox doctors examine his injured knee. To not "throw away Magglio" the Sox would have needed to offer him arbitration. In arbitration Magglio is guaranteed not less than 80 percent of his former salary no matter whether he is healthy enough to play a single game. Now that he is a free agent any other team can offer him whatever they want... including the incentive-based "show me" deals Magglio previously refused to sign.

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting"
nah, you got it all wrong.

the sox breakup with magglio started over a year ago.

you obviously need to get over it. or just learn to ignore those who dont swallow the spin you do so eagerly.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 08:32 AM
nah, you got it all wrong.

the sox breakup with magglio started over a year ago.

you obviously need to get over it. or just learn to ignore those who dont swallow the spin you do so eagerly.
Yeah, sure...

:violin:

Go stalk him. The rest of us of us are cruising for new hotties who can actually play baseball.

Hitmen77
01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Here's what the SunTimes is saying about the Cubs and Maggs:

The Cubs haven't taken serious looks at two free agent outfielders -- former White Sox right fielder Magglio Ordonez or Jeromy Burnitz. If they can't trade Sosa, sources indicated that they are unlikely to consider signing Ordonez to start in left.

If Sosa goes, Ordonez will be considered at that time. But the Cubs presently are extremely leery of the condition of Ordonez's troublesome knee. They would require extensive medical workups on him before pursuing him very far. http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub10.html

chisox hardcore
01-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, sure...

:violin:

Go stalk him. The rest of us of us are cruising for new hotties who can actually play baseball.

ummm.

not sure what to make of your breaking down of players as such sexual interests of "hotties" and stalker-worthy.... but whatevs.

maggs can play baseball just fine, one of the best the sox ever had. yeah jury is out on him in the immediate future, but dollars on donuts that he'll rebound just fine. one of the best steals of this offseason for whoever nabs him.

voodoochile
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
ummm.

not sure what to make of your breaking down of players as such sexual interests of "hotties" and stalker-worthy.... but whatevs.

maggs can play baseball just fine, one of the best the sox ever had. yeah jury is out on him in the immediate future, but dollars on donuts that he'll rebound just fine. one of the best steals of this offseason for whoever nabs him. Based on what?

You know the fact that no baseball teams have actually offered him a big money long term contract MIGHT be a clue that something else is going on.

No one trusts that knee - not even Borass and Maggs who won't let anyone look at it until they get an offer...

:borass:
"See, I told you the knee is fine. Dr. Chisox Harccore has posted it right here on the Internet. Thus, it must be true..."

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I saw Magglio and Boras out on a double date with Hendry and Dusty. They were at Ed Debevic's... sipping a malt from the same straw! That slut...

Nooooooooo!

:)

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 09:14 AM

You guys obssessing over Magglio really need to get over it. Either that or stop posting and do something constructive with your time... like stalking Magglio at his home.

He doesn't love you anymore. Deal with it.

"Dear John,..."
:thumbsup:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 09:18 AM
I saw Magglio riding in Hendry's car at the White Hen Pantry Friday night. His knee looked fine to me...

:o:

voodoochile
01-10-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw Magglio riding in Hendry's car at the White Hen Pantry Friday night. His knee looked fine to me...

:o:
My cousin saw Borass at a Gold's Gym. He was just coming back from the sauna and he was talking on his cell phone. My cousin got really close and heard Borass say. "Yeah, we tested the knee to the safety limits. It's fine. Yes, I've got a multi-year big money deal from the Mets. Time to put up or shut up, Hendry. Maggs is dying to play for the Flubbies, but you have to come up with the scratch." Then he seemed to realize people were watching and listening so he moved off to a side and some really big guys stepped in my cousin's path, preventing him from following.

:rolleyes:

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
lol if that's the case i'll seriously have to question the thickness of the WSIers hides more than i already am.

i dint do nuttin.

:wink:Ummmm duuuude. You called the webmaster "psycho" before your 10th post.

:cleo

"I don't see much more of a future of "hardcore". Call me now!!!"

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
:cleo

"I don't see much more of a future of "hardcore". Call me now!!!"
He has his own playpen in the Roadhouse. No worries...
:cool:

It's hysterical how some people obsess over Magglio going to the Cubs... not unlike jilted lovers... too funny...

"Hardcore" is the best one yet, so he gets the official thread for jilted Magglio lovers at WSI. I'm sure there will be more just like him. Now at least we have one giant thread to hold all their broken-hearted angst... thanks to "Hardcore."
:gulp:

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
He has his own playpen in the Roadhouse. No worries...

It's hysterical how some people obsess over Magglio going to the Cubs... not unlike jilted lovers... too funny...

"Hardcore" is the best one yet, so he gets the official thread for jilted Magglio lovers at WSI. I'm sure there will be more just like him. Now at least we have one giant thread to hold all their broken-hearted angst... thanks to "Hardcore."
:gulp:
No doubt. And I thought "my people" were bad about break ups... :cool:

chidavid18
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
[moderator edit]

You're welcome to post, but keep using epithets for Magglio and you'll get banned very quickly.

Jilted lovers like you can be very scary to be around sometimes...

"Dear chidavid18, I'm sorry, but it's over..."

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 10:35 AM
:angry::angry::angry::angry:I hope he blows out his nee I don't care much for Maggs either, but is the "***" reference necessary?

CHISOXFAN13
01-10-2005, 10:36 AM
:angry::angry::angry::angry:I hope he blows out his nee.
Pure class. What a dumb post.

Jerko
01-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Roadhouse in 5.....4........3.........2..............1

Baby Fisk
01-10-2005, 10:37 AM
:angry::angry::angry::angry:I hope he blows out his nee. Wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

:threadsucks

Flight #24
01-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Geez, this is getting ridiculous. I'm setting some early lines, get your bets in:

Posters "roadhoused" due to language re:Magglio (or re:anyone with a realistic viewpoint on Magglio): 6.5

Posters banned similarly: 2.5

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Geez, this is getting ridiculous. I'm setting some early lines, get your bets in:

Posters "roadhoused" due to language re:Magglio (or re:anyone with a realistic viewpoint on Magglio): 6.5

Posters banned similarly: 2.5Someone refresh my memory. Is Ordonez the first player ever to leave looking for more money? I seem to recall we got a pretty good catcher some years ago the same way.

voodoochile
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
You know if anyone had a shrubbery, this wouldn't be a problem...:D:

MUsoxfan
01-10-2005, 12:26 PM
You know if anyone had a shrubbery, this wouldn't be a problem...:D:

Not a shrubbery! Where would any of us be able to find a shrubbery?

Hangar18
01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
A certain Cub fan acquaintance of mine is Rubbing the Fact that my
prediction from last spring is going to Come True, Magglio will
be in LF for the FLubbies resulting in unprecendented praise and glorification
from the Chicago Media (finally). the fact he already has a
30 ORDONEZ cub jersey makes me VERY ANGRY ......... watch how GOOD
Maggs becomes in the National League.

Watch how mad we get
when both HE & Caballo make the NL All-Star teams in July 2005

Flight #24
01-10-2005, 12:54 PM

Watch how mad we get
when both HE & Caballo make the NL All-Star teams in July 2005
I wasn't aware that MLB named a wheelchair AS team.......

Baby Fisk
01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
the fact he already has a
30 ORDONEZ cub jersey makes me VERY ANGRY ...not to mention how angry his parents will be when that jersey pops up on their MasterCard...

Clement's beard
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Someone, anyone, please tell we how there could be an Ordonez jersey in production already and why anyone would do this before he actually signed with the cubs?:?:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Someone, anyone, please tell we how there could be an Ordonez jersey in production already and why anyone would do this before he actually signed with the cubs?:?:
That's easy. The Lovable Loser fan who did this hangs around with Hangar.

Baby Fisk
01-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Someone, anyone, please tell we how there could be an Ordonez jersey in production already and why anyone would do this before he actually signed with the cubs?:?:Anyone can walk into a sports store and order a personalized jersey, eg. buy a Cubs jersey and ask them to put FISK 72 on the back. The horror! The horror! :thud:

Brian26
01-10-2005, 01:22 PM
That's easy. The Lovable Loser fan who did this hangs around with Hangar.
He must need something else to wear when his Kerry Woods jersey is in the wash.

Jerko
01-10-2005, 01:25 PM
The Cubs didn't re-sign Clement for this very reason! Now #30 is open and Maggs won't have to spend any money to buy it from anyone when he signs with the Cubs.

Flight #24
01-10-2005, 01:27 PM
The Cubs didn't re-sign Clement for this very reason! Now #30 is open and Maggs won't have to spend any money to buy it from anyone when he signs with the Cubs. :borass:
"Which is exactly how your new $5mil+incentives, 1-yr deal works out better than the 5-yr/$70mil with deferrals deal. See, I told you - never doubt the master!"

"You're the best!"

Clement's beard
01-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Now Levine is saying that the Sosa for Floyd trade should be a slam dunk and the talks between Minaya and Hednry will commence this week. The Mets are simply trying to steal headlines from the Yanks and are nuts for going after Sosa. Not only that, the cubs will once again fleece a team in a trade. Floyd, while he does get injured, is a far better player/outfielder then Sosa and it just gives the cubs the lane they need to sign Ordonez.

Mets are a dumb organization. Beltran for 119M? What a joke!

StillMissOzzie
01-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I saw Magglio and Boras out on a double date with Hendry and Dusty. They were at Ed Debevic's... sipping a malt from the same straw! That slut...

Nooooooooo!

:)
Stop!! You're killin' me!!!
LOL!

SMO
:roflmao:

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM

Watch how mad we get
when both HE & Caballo make the NL All-Star teams in July 2005your friend is a moron.......i dont think maggs will be a cub unless he take a major pay cut or they move sosa...
gene

TommyJohn
01-10-2005, 05:24 PM
He must need something else to wear when his Kerry Woods jersey is in the wash.
A Cub fan co-worker made a reference this early this morning to "Prior and
Woods." I cut him off with "Woods? Who the hell is that?" He then corrected
himself.

Fredsox
01-10-2005, 09:18 PM
You know, if the guy signs with the Drubs, so what? We offered him $60 million over 4 years with no deferred money according to a report on the radio I heard the other day. This was after he hurt his knee but before he hired Boras. Do you think he's gonna get anything close to that now? He CLEARLY doesn't want to play for the Sox, KW has replaced him, let's all get on with our lives.

bhayes520
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
i sure hope that maggs doesn't sign to play with the north siders, because then the only thing we could have over them is a 6-0 record versus them in 2005 and a playoff appearance (maybe even a w.s. ring....but lets not get too crazy)......or maybe we could just let it be, maggs is gone, i think i'd rather take that money maggs wanted and spend it on AJ, El Duque, a new infielder (Cora?), etc....

Viva Medias B's
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
My only contribution to this thread will be to reiterate what I said (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42594) December 10, 2004.

PicktoCLick72
01-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by OL' NO. 2 vbmenu_register("postmenu_569272", true);
Someone refresh my memory. Is Ordonez the first player ever to leave looking for more money? I seem to recall we got a pretty good catcher some years ago the same way. Jorge Fabregas or Chad Krueter?

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 09:15 AM
In a cubune article:

Ordonez, like Sosa, remains a fallback plan for most teams with some level of interest. The Cubs, Orioles and Tigers are considered his primary pursuers, but none is close to making an offer. Baltimore general manager Jim Beattie said the Orioles have received medical records on Ordonez, but he told the Baltimore Sun: "We don't think we have all the information."

Source: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050110cubs,1,6745763.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Flight #24
01-11-2005, 09:33 AM
In a cubune article:

Source: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050110cubs,1,6745763.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines
Wait - teams don't think they have enough information to make Maggs an offer yet?

"Why would he say that? They have all the records and know that I'm healthy right now. That's just Jim Beattie trying to drive down my market value."

basilesox
01-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Based on what?

You know the fact that no baseball teams have actually offered him a big money long term contract MIGHT be a clue that something else is going on.

No one trusts that knee - not even Borass and Maggs who won't let anyone look at it until they get an offer...

:borass:
"See, I told you the knee is fine. Dr. Chisox Harccore has posted it right here on the Internet. Thus, it must be true..."

Couldn't a team just sign him and then waive him if he doesn't pass the physical.........

If this option is available then I dont get why Boras won't let him showcase the knee right now either that or tell the truth about it. Oh well.......I wont pretend to know how these sorta things work.

basilesox
01-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone can walk into a sports store and order a personalized jersey, eg. buy a Cubs jersey and ask them to put FISK 72 on the back. The horror! The horror! :thud:

True thats why I have a black sox jersey with Valentin on the back.

Which I still plan to where? Thank you very much.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Couldn't a team just sign him and then waive him if he doesn't pass the physical.........

If this option is available then I dont get why Boras won't let him showcase the knee right now either that or tell the truth about it. Oh well.......I wont pretend to know how these sorta things work.
Baseball contracts are guaranteed. They could make an offer based on him passing an exam, but time will tell if Borass will allow that to happen. I suspect not and based on the most recent revelations from the Orioles, it is looking more and more like a shell game in which case, they won't allow that kind of contract to get signed because the minute he got cut it would be all over.

Ol' No. 2
01-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Baseball contracts are guaranteed. They could make an offer based on him passing an exam, but time will tell if Borass will allow that to happen. I suspect not and based on the most recent revelations from the Orioles, it is looking more and more like a shell game in which case, they won't allow that kind of contract to get signed because the minute he got cut it would be all over.As many dumb moves as I've seen teams make, I just can't conceive of any team dumb enough to offer Maggs anything more than a token base + incentives without a thorough exam. Maybe even with an exam.

basilesox
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Baseball contracts are guaranteed. They could make an offer based on him passing an exam, but time will tell if Borass will allow that to happen. I suspect not and based on the most recent revelations from the Orioles, it is looking more and more like a shell game in which case, they won't allow that kind of contract to get signed because the minute he got cut it would be all over.

Thats what I was talking about......an offer......I cant remember a contract that was signed that wasn't based on a player passing some sort of medical exam. Even Pedro had to take some sort of exam but not a full physical.

Mammoo
01-19-2005, 03:32 PM
[moderator edit]

You've been warned about spamming the board in past, right?

mweflen
01-19-2005, 03:57 PM
this guy is a south sider?

one should only wish for Maggs on the North side if it turns out to be another Albert Belle style contract with no actual playing of baseball. Otherwise, send him to Tampa Bay.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Okay guys, here's what I saw outside the Hen last night...

Hendry and Sammy were scuffling in a snowdrift next to Hendry's car in the parking lot... Hendry finally got Sammy in a headlock and Santo was standing over them saying, "Just say 'uncle,' Sammy... just say 'uncle'..."

Meanwhile Dusty was inside getting a pack of smokes while Magglio and Boras were grabbing a six-pack of Lovable Loser beer... the ones with the ivy all over the cans.

A deal is inevitable...

NSSoxFan
01-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Okay guys, here's what I saw outside the Hen last night...

Hendry and Sammy were scuffling in a snowdrift next to Hendry's car in the parking lot... Hendry finally got Sammy in a headlock and Santo was standing over them saying, "Just say 'uncle,' Sammy... just say 'uncle'..."

Meanwhile Dusty was inside getting a pack of smokes while Magglio and Boras were grabbing a six-pack of Lovable Loser beer... the ones with the ivy all over the cans.

A deal is inevitable...

Then Ryno and Mark Grace drove up honking their horn really loud. Grace swiped the pack of smokes Dusty just picked up. Grace then informed Magglio that in order to become a true member of the Lovable Losers, he must dress up in a Village People get-up. Magglio didn't need to be convinced.

ondafarm
01-22-2005, 04:37 PM

Actually, the master contract between the union and MLB does not permit even guarenteed contracts without passing a physical. I was to be signed to the Dodgers minor league system but couldn't pass the physical. (Bum knees.)

Infallible
01-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Then Ryno and Mark Grace drove up honking their horn really loud. Grace swiped the pack of smokes Dusty just picked up. Grace then informed Magglio that in order to become a true member of the Lovable Losers, he must dress up in a Village People get-up. Magglio didn't need to be convinced.

And just when everyone thought the coast was clear Sammy rips off his outgarments exposing his buttless black leather biker chaps and nothing else says, "I no play for scrubs if yous gets the Mags"

zach074
01-22-2005, 10:40 PM
And just when everyone thought the coast was clear Sammy rips off his outgarments exposing his buttless black leather biker chaps and nothing else says, "I no play for scrubs if yous gets the Mags"

Your starting to scare me.:redneck

JKryl
01-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Well, at least he'll fit right in with the neighborhood. :redneck

StillMissOzzie
01-23-2005, 01:29 AM

Somebody's gotta do it, it might as well be me...
:tealpolice:

zach074
01-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Somebody's gotta do it, it might as well be me...
:tealpolice:

Maybe blue means something else that we dont know?

Infallible
01-23-2005, 05:02 PM

good at least someone got the reference, wrigleyville aka boys town........

I want Mags back
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
When Magglio Ordonez makes his return to the Cell on what looks to be either

April 29 w/ Tigers

May 12 w/ Orioles

OR

June 24 w/ the Flubs

will you cheer him for the great years he has given us OR boo him for what has happen after that.

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 04:23 PM

April 29 w/ Tigers

May 12 w/ Orioles

OR

June 24 w/ the Flubs

will you cheer him for the great years he has given us OR boo him for what has happen after that.
I'll feel bad for him if he signs with teh tigers or orioles, two sad sack organizations...
I'll boo mercilessly if he's in left field with the cubs....

I wont cheer for him anymore...
Gene

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Neither.

jshanahanjr
01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I will always love Maggs, but will be booing him if he sign with the Little Bears.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
01-24-2005, 04:27 PM
there should be a neither on the poll, thats what i would have voted for. only way i will boo him is if he's with the flubs, otherwise neither

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I thought we did this poll already.

Put me down as neither, but there will be some choice words flowing through my head when, I mean if, he comes to bat.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM

April 29 w/ Tigers

May 12 w/ Orioles

OR

June 24 w/ the Flubs

I was walking past Maggs house last night. The lights were all off EXCEPT the bedroom light. (Don't ask me how I know this... I just do.)

So I'm pretty pissed off thinking that Maggs is still awake at 2 AM (don't ask me how I know this... I just do) and what do I find parked along the curb the next block over? That's right, JIM HENDRY'S CONVERTIBLE!

So I look inside and there is his cellphone sitting on the front seat. Don't ask me how I know this... I just do... but of the five most recent outgoing calls, 4 of them were to Magglio's house (the fifth was to a pizza joint).

Magglio is a SLUT and I was a fool to ever think anything of him!!!

TheTwinsMustDie
01-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Poor Mags......It looks like he got a bit greedy and scr*wed himself. He will probably have to sign a one year deal with huge performance incentives just to prove himself.

On the other hand, maybe that super duper gamma ray treatment he recieved in Austria will give him a bionic leg.

If he becomes a Scrubbie, I will boo like I have never booed before.

jabrch
01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll BOO him...MERCILESSLY.

I'll have a sign reminding him that he turned down 60mm$. I'll have no problem reminding him that while he lied to the fans about how much he wanted to stay here, he turned down Vlad Guerrero type money to do so.

BOO Magglio...you lying manipulative whore. BOO Magglio - you Cub/Tiger/Oriole. Boo Magglio - you sold it out to Scott Boras - who hasn't appeared to have any success selling your injured carcas out to anyone.

I sure hope you heal and can play the game again some day - but I will BOO the hell out of you for being the two faced lying jerkoff that you ended up being.

Baby Fisk
01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
I was walking past Maggs house last night. The lights were all off EXCEPT the bedroom light. (Don't ask me how I know this... I just do.)

So I'm pretty pissed off thinking that Maggs is still awake at 2 AM (don't ask me how I know this... I just do) and what do I find parked along the curb the next block over? That's right, JIM HENDRY'S CONVERTIBLE!

So I look inside and there is his cellphone sitting on the front seat. Don't ask me how I know this... I just do... but of the five most recent outgoing calls, 4 of them were to Magglio's house (the fifth was to a pizza joint).

Magglio is a SLUT and I was a fool to ever think anything of him!!!

I don't know anyone else who channels a jilted 16-year-old girl so well. :rolling:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know anyone else who channels a jilted 16-year-old girl so well. :rolling:

I_want_Mags_back screwed up this poll royally. There should be additional options for "I will put sugar in his gas tank" and "tell nasty stories about him inside the school cafeteria."