PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ozzie, the pressure's on

veeter
01-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I feel Kenny did a creative and great job re-shaping and improving the team. That being said... the ball is now in Ozzie's court. Barring extensive injuries I feel Ozzie must deliver a winner. He's got the style of players he wanted so that can't be an excuse or issue. For me the jury is still out on Guillen and this year Kenny will no doubt expect success.

soltrain21
01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
How much of a role do you think Ozzie played in all of these signings/trades?

veeter
01-09-2005, 10:02 PM
How much of a role do you think Ozzie played in all of these signings/trades? I think Ozzie's input is all over these moves. He came in preaching National league style and wanting to emulate the Marlins. I don't know for sure but I think Kenny listens to Ozzie's input bigtime.

dpbyron
01-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I feel Kenny did a creative and great job re-shaping and improving the team. That being said... the ball is now in Ozzie's court. Barring extensive injuries I feel Ozzie must deliver a winner. He's got the style of players he wanted so that can't be an excuse or issue. For me the jury is still out on Guillen and this year Kenny will no doubt expect success.He better be better in 2005. I don't want the season to end on July 26th again because we don't have the coconuts to stand up for ourselves.

See my sig...

bhayes520
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
obviously we can't base all of our opinions on the future success of ozzie in just one year, especially after the injuries to maggs and frank (See 2004 Chicago Bears and Lovie Smith), unless it was a total embarrasment and failure (See 2004 Chicago Bears and Terry Shea)....i think that this year, the sox will bring back the division title, and we can all hope for the best possible scenario, beating the cubs in the world series (again!)....i think much of the success of this team will be the ability to manufacture runs without hitting 200+ homeruns in a season, because barring a trade for Barry Bonds, i am willing to garauntee that we won't have a 200+ HR team again anytime soon

TornLabrum
01-09-2005, 10:48 PM
He better be better in 2005. I don't want the season to end on July 26th again because we don't have the coconuts to stand up for ourselves.

See my sig...
And it'll be nice if we don't lose our two best hitters by June 15th, too.

Chicago83
01-09-2005, 11:07 PM
i think that this year, the sox will bring back the division title, and we can all hope for the best possible scenario, beating the cubs in the world series (again!)...

The 100 year anniversary of the hitless wonders is in 2006, wouldn't it be great time for another cubs sox world series? I think that would be the ultimate baseball scenario for me.

RKMeibalane
01-09-2005, 11:08 PM
And it'll be nice if we don't lose our two best hitters by June 15th, too.
At this point, let's hope that the Sox best hitter returns by June 15. Every rumor I'm hearing indicates that Frank's ankle is not healing on schedule. They have made enough moves to get by without him, but getting by won't be enough to overtake the Twins.

RKMeibalane
01-09-2005, 11:09 PM
The 100 year anniversary of the hitless wonders is in 2006, wouldn't it be great time for another cubs sox world series? I think that would be the ultimate baseball scenario for me.
I don't want the Cubs anywhere near the World Series. If the Sox have to face them in the Fall Classic, the Sox will be regarded as the evil team, and everyone will cheer for the Flubs. Just once, I'd like to see the rest of the country get behind our guys, instead of those ****ing idiots up north.

darklord23
01-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't want the Cubs anywhere near the World Series. If the Sox have to face them in the Fall Classic, the Sox will be regarded as the evil team, and everyone will cheer for the Flubs. Just once, I'd like to see the rest of the country get behind our guys, instead of those ****ing idiots up north.
i agree everyone thought the cubs were so good even after the biggest choke since 1980 and blaming a fan what a joke

Church Turtle
01-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Not me. For me it would be sweeping the northsiders in May and June and finishing with a 110 win season and a World Series championship against the Dodgers or Braves. Meanwhile said Chicago NL organization finds themselves winning 56 games - all against teams who finish the season under .500

now to me, that's the ultimate

chisoxmike
01-10-2005, 12:09 AM
This team is good enough to win the AL Central, but we have been for the past 4 seasons, and we haven't. I wouldn't bet against the Twins. but I think the Sox can surprise a lot of people if they dont roll over and die when they play the Twins mid-season like they have over the past few seasons.

That being said, I am really looking forward to 2005, I guess SoxFest can hold me off...for a little while.

OG4LIFE
01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I feel Kenny did a creative and great job re-shaping and improving the team. That being said... the ball is now in Ozzie's court. Barring extensive injuries I feel Ozzie must deliver a winner. He's got the style of players he wanted so that can't be an excuse or issue. For me the jury is still out on Guillen and this year Kenny will no doubt expect success.
i somewhat agree. there are still a significant amount of question marks out there. when does frank come back? does frank stay healthy? does everett show up in shape? does dye stay healthy? does rowand/uribe repeat/impove their performance? does crede show up this year? can shingo still fool hitters they way he did last year? does contreras find consistency? does el duque stay healthy?

you get my point. if most of these questions are answered in the affirmative/positive way, then yes, ozzie needs to take home the division crown, AT LEAST. otherwise, he was only signed for 2 years...

fisk anyone?

chisoxmike
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
fisk anyone?I don't think Fisk would ever come back to be a coach for this team.

beckett21
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I agree with those who believe the fate of this team rests with Frank Thomas. As he goes, so go the White Sox. That's my opinion.

As for whether or not Frank returns on time, it's anybody's guess. I haven't seen any reports but if anyone does please post them.

OG4LIFE
01-10-2005, 12:27 AM
I agree with those who believe the fate of this team rests with Frank Thomas. As he goes, so go the White Sox. That's my opinion.

As for whether or not Frank returns on time, it's anybody's guess. I haven't seen any reports but if anyone does please post them.
beckett i remember you posting one time you're a foot doc or something... i figured you would be able to provide a little insight!! have you seen/treated anything like frank's injury?

beckett21
01-10-2005, 12:38 AM
beckett i remember you posting one time you're a foot doc or something... i figured you would be able to provide a little insight!! have you seen/treated anything like frank's injury?
Yes and no...not on the scale of a professional athlete like Frank.

These types of fractures can be difficult to treat and can take up to 6-8 months to heal even with surgery. His size and batting style do not help here, obviously.

I'd be guessing if I offered any more information at this point.

SOXintheBURGH
01-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Whats with all this beating the Cubs in the World Series garbage? I don't want that team to win a pennant ever again.

JRIG
01-10-2005, 05:19 AM
How much of a role do you think Ozzie played in all of these signings/trades?
:ozzie

"I make the ****ing lineup!"

eastchicagosoxfan
01-10-2005, 05:55 AM

As for whether or not Frank returns on time, it's anybody's guess. I haven't seen any reports but if anyone does please post them.A healthy Thomas is a productive Thomas, and that makes the Sox really tough to beat. This team has several question marks. Thomas's health, Dye's health, El Duque's health, Contreras's and Garland's consistency, A.J's attitude, juat to name a few. If the team stays healthy, they walk away with the division. If they don't, then we'll see how well Ozzie manages.

Chicago83
01-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Not me. For me it would be sweeping the northsiders in May and June and finishing with a 110 win season and a World Series championship against the Dodgers or Braves. Meanwhile said Chicago NL organization finds themselves winning 56 games - all against teams who finish the season under .500

now to me, that's the ultimate
There is no glory in that, personally I get nothing out of seeing the cubs lose, unless it's against the sox or a choke in the playoff(then I laugh) I would just love to see a Windy City World Series, could you imagine what it would be like at those games? I couldn't imagine a sports event being anymore exciting than that.