PDA

View Full Version : Clueless' latest column...

Jjav829
10-18-2001, 05:44 PM
ESPN Insider says this about it....

A's fans should be apoplectic with joy that Skip Bayless of the San Jose Mercury News is not their GM. Based on the strength of their rotation, Bayless says Oakland should shed no tears if Jason Giambi, Johnny Damon and Jason Isringhausen depart for free agency. Fair enough; no one has a better young 1-2-3 than Oakland, and those free agent losses, while detrimental in the short term, could be survived.

But then Bayless advises them to spend the money they saved on, among others, Kenny Lofton and Tino Martinez. Lofton, age 34, posted a .322 OBP and slugged .398 this season --woefully bad for an outfielder. And at his age, those numbers aren't likely to get any better. As for Martinez, his 34 homers are nice, but his .329 OBP ranked next-to-last among qualifying AL first basemen. Again, at 33, Martinez can hardly be expected to trend upward in the future. Oakland hardly has the budget to absorb those kinds of mistakes.

The column (http://www0.mercurycenter.com/premium/sports/docs/bayless18.htm)

doublem23
10-19-2001, 03:36 PM
from Clueless's colum
Get a grip. Refocus on the big picture. The A's have three of what the Giants have none of.

Ohhh, poor, poor, misguided Skip. Still thinking that all people care about is that their team is better than their geographical rivalry.

To Skip, I say:

Refocus on the big picture. Yes, perhaps people, let's call them Sox fans, enjoy watching their inter-city (or other geogriphical rival) lose, we'll call them the Scrubbies, but I for one would rather lose all six regular season games to the Cubs and then win a championship over beating the Cubs in 6 and then coming nowhere near. Unfortunately, morons like Clueless and Moron-otti who think that beating the Cubs is all that matters for Sox fans are the idiots who have the most public exposure...

Oh, baseball gods, why have you forsaken us? It was that Black Sox thing, wasn't it? Dammit! I knew that would come back to bite us in the ass.
:)

Paulwny
10-19-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Oh, baseball gods, why have you forsaken us? It was that Black Sox thing, wasn't it? Dammit! I knew that would come back to bite us in the ass.
:)

It's never stopped biting us in the ass. The team needs a voodoo expert.

FarWestChicago
10-19-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

It's never stopped biting us in the ass. The team needs a voodoo expert.
:cleo

I'm available for the right price!

Paulwny
10-19-2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

:cleo

I'm available for the right price!

The right price is too expensive for JR.

FarWestChicago
10-19-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

The right price is too expensive for JR.
:reinsy

I'm not cheap. I'm thrifty.

Daver
10-19-2001, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

:reinsy

I'm not cheap. I'm thrifty.

Your so tight you squeak when you walk.