PDA

View Full Version : Houston's dream rotation

buehrle4cy05
01-08-2005, 10:32 PM
I got to thinking about former/current Astros pitcher, and here's their rotation if they never lost any of these players:
1. Johan Santana (Lost in rule 5 draft)
2. Randy Johnson (From Seattle)
3. Roger Clemens
4. Curt Schilling (1992)
5. Freddy Garcia (In Randy Johnson trade)

Any other teams whose former players would make an All-Star pitching staff?

munchman33
01-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah. The Yankees. Pick a year.

Huisj
01-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I got to thinking about former/current Astros pitcher, and here's their rotation if they never lost any of these players:
1. Johan Santana (Lost in rule 5 draft)
2. Randy Johnson (From Seattle)
3. Roger Clemens
4. Curt Schilling (1992)
5. Freddy Garcia (In Randy Johnson trade)

Any other teams whose former players would make an All-Star pitching staff?
Is it legal to include a guy that they traded (before he even made the big leagues) in order to get another guy on that lise? hmmm

TDog
01-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Is it legal to include a guy that they traded (before he even made the big leagues) in order to get another guy on that lise? hmmm
Sox fans used to do a lot of whining about how the team traded Doug Drabek. Long before that there was Denny McLain. It must be legal because Sox fans seem to have been doing it as long as I can remember.

buehrle4cy05
01-08-2005, 11:33 PM
If it's legal, then the Sox's closer should be Gagne...correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they had him in 1994, but he may have been one of those players who was drafted and didn't sign (like Jeff Weaver with the Sox or Khalil Greene with the Cubs). Could always substitute Roy Oswalt or Pettite for Santana or Garcia, it's still a great rotation.