PDA

View Full Version : radio ads for 9 and 13 plans....

OzzieBall2004
01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
What do you guys think? I could do with out the "outfielder spontaneously combusting and getting drenched in plasma" stuff.....

The print ads are pretty cool though, Ive only seen two of them. How many are there?

TommyJohn
01-08-2005, 03:27 PM
What do you guys think? I could do with out the "outfielder spontaneously combusting and getting drenched in plasma" stuff.....

I know. When I first heard that I thought it was one of Gorilla North's insanely
lame, insanely unfunny parodies. What the hell were they thinking when they
cleared that commercial?

C-Dawg
01-08-2005, 04:30 PM
It sounds like the guy reading the commercial is the guy from the Blue Man Group commercials.

TornLabrum
01-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I know. When I first heard that I thought it was one of Gorilla North's insanely
lame, insanely unfunny parodies. What the hell were they thinking when they
cleared that commercial?
I thought the opposing outfielder spontaneously combusting and spewing plasma was pretty funny. The ad has 12-year-old boys down.

I want Mags back
01-08-2005, 07:13 PM
It sounds like the guy reading the commercial is the guy from the Blue Man Group commercials.
"THIS IS A COMERCIAL, A COMERCIAL... WE HAVE A WEBSITE BUT SO DOES EVERY ONE." THOSE BLUE MAN GROUP COMEERCAILS ARE HILARIOUS

SoxFan76
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
BMG is so good. I recommend it to all.

jabrch
01-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I like the plasma idea so much I bought 4 13 game packages.

GO SOX!

nasox
01-10-2005, 10:22 AM
BMG is so good. I recommend it to all.
DIdn't they retool the show??

SoxFan76
01-10-2005, 12:42 PM
DIdn't they retool the show??
It's the same thing--just with more. The first half of the show is from the "old" show, but then the 2nd half is all new. And it is incredible. I loved it.

Rocklive99
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
They should've least gone with right field instead of left, there's one particular right fielder White Sox fans hate ;)

About the commerical, eh, kind of lame, oh well though

lths06
01-10-2005, 08:04 PM
For the past few years now, in my opinoin, most of our commercials have been very lame. And yet, I have loved the Bull's comericals (current running of the Bull's one included). When we hired Brooks from the Bulls, I though he would bring that style to the Sox. So far, this year's commericals have been as bad as the rest. Hopefully they will get better and actually make poeple want to go. Maybe we should start a thread of ideas to help Brooks out.

EDIT: I loved the us vs. them ads during interleague play. I think we should go more the "Sox Pride" direction than the plasma or whatever.

duke of dorwood
01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
The ads are awful-and what a stupid premise that it takes 9 games to have your kid talk to you.

NSSoxFan2
01-10-2005, 10:24 PM
The ads are awful-and what a stupid premise that it takes 9 games to have your kid talk to you.
LMAO! I agree. As far as the "meaty" commercials, I believe those will start hitting the airwaves as early as Friday, when single game tickets go on sale. I am confident that Brook will produce some awesome spots this year, especially if we're winning.