PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Less than one week to go to SoxFest Thread

Viva Medias B's
01-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I'll begin the weeklong countdown to SoxFest with this:

Exactly less than seven days from now, many of us White Sox fans will be getting drinky at the atrium bar at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-08-2005, 01:17 AM
8 Days till sox fest...for me. Cant WAIT to get Larussa's AUTO! http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2340&stc=1

JoseCanseco6969
01-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Anyone know the best way to get there? Is there an el train station somewhere nearby?

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Anyone know the best way to get there? Is there an el train station somewhere nearby?
I usually fly, that 2100 mile drive in the winter is a bummer. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
01-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Closest El stop is the Red Line at State and Lake---go up State to Wacker, hang a right and walk east 4 blocks.

scottyl
01-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I've seen lists of players who are attending, but is there a list/agenda for what sessions are going on and the day they take place? The whitesox.com site just bumps me over to TicketMaster to buy tix and I don't see an agenda on that page either. I'm not an autograph guy, but would be interested in panel discussions if I knew when they were happening.

Mingo
01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I never realized Sox's Fest was such a big deal. It sounds cool. From out in the hinterlands here in Texas it looks like a bunch of old players and current roster folks doing a little mingling with the crowd after a plate of chicken.

zach074
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I never realized Sox's Fest was such a big deal. It sounds cool. From out in the hinterlands here in Texas it looks like a bunch of old players and current roster folks doing a little mingling with the crowd after a plate of chicken.

There is going to be chicken!!! :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2005, 01:33 PM
They will usually post an agenda of what's going on a few days before Soxfest on whitesox.com

ewokpelts
01-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Anyone know the best way to get there? Is there an el train station somewhere nearby?a short walk from the state/lake el stop....same as the lake red line stop....
Gene

Ol' No. 2
01-08-2005, 02:01 PM
If you're driving down, don't park at the hotel. They're charging a fortune. I park at the Grant park underground and walk a couple of blocks over.

SpammySosa
01-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Back in November I received a letter from the Sox stating that if I upgraded from last year's one night stay to a two night stay I had a chance to qualify for a private autograph session. The letter stated that the special offer was for the 1st 250 guests to upgrade and send in the confirmation form. Anyhow, I emailed the Sox last month and asked when I would be notified if I qualified or not and they said a week or two before SoxFest. Well here it is 6 days until Opening Ceremonies and notta. Did anyone else try to qualify and if so, have you heard anything yet? I don't know why I am so worried-the autograph session is probably with Southpaw.

SpammySosa
01-08-2005, 02:12 PM
If you're driving down, don't park at the hotel. They're charging a fortune. I park at the Grant park underground and walk a couple of blocks over.
You mean to tell me the hotel parking garage isn't free?? No,that wasn't meant to be in teal;I guess I shouldn't be surprised they charge though. Last year I parked at one of the nearby garages for a day and a half and it was something like 47 bucks! How much is the Grant Park underground and-don't laugh at my lack of Chicago geographical knowledge-what is the easiest way to get to it coming in on LSD North? Thanks for your help.

JoseCanseco6969
01-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Closest El stop is the Red Line at State and Lake---go up State to Wacker, hang a right and walk east 4 blocks.
Thanks a lot! I think thats what me and my buddy will be taking. No way I want to spend a fortune parking. Hope to see you all there.:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
01-08-2005, 02:22 PM
You mean to tell me the hotel parking garage isn't free?? No,that wasn't meant to be in teal;I guess I shouldn't be surprised they charge though. Last year I parked at one of the nearby garages for a day and a half and it was something like 47 bucks! How much is the Grant Park underground and-don't laugh at my lack of Chicago geographical knowledge-what is the easiest way to get to it coming in on LSD North? Thanks for your help. You can get in off of Columbus Drive (N/S street between LSD and Michigan). I think the entrance ramp is just south of Randolph street. IIRC they charge about $14 per day, compared to about $35 per day at the hotel.

LauraJ14
01-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Today in the mail, I received my letter for being one of the first 250 people to book the weekend package, the private autograph session is on Saturday with Carl Everett and Tim Raines.

SpammySosa
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Today in the mail, I received my letter for being one of the first 250 people to book the weekend package, the private autograph session is on Saturday with Carl Everett and Tim Raines.
Congratulations Laura! Perhaps there is still hope for me too! :bandance:

soxwon
01-08-2005, 08:45 PM

i received mine too, see you there!!

soxwon
01-08-2005, 09:55 PM
about how much $ do you expect to shell out for soxfest not counting tickets.
just merchandise, beer consumption etc!!!

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
about how much $ do you expect to shell out for soxfest not counting tickets.
just merchandise, beer consumption etc!!!
Good question. I'm into game used stuff, so I will spend a lot there this year. I got a $100 gift certificate for Christmas that will be spent there too.

ewokpelts
01-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Good question. I'm into game used stuff, so I will spend a lot there this year. I got a $100 gift certificate for Christmas that will be spent there too.260+ for my room.....
100-200 for merch(depends on how good this years crop is)....
not much for beer(will be bringing some in from home)
100 for food(at least one nice dinner for me and gf)
Gene

Viva Medias B's
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
For those of you who want to visualize the site of SoxFest, here is the Hyatt Regency Chicago webpage (http://chicagoregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml).

StillMissOzzie
01-08-2005, 11:59 PM
a short walk from the state/lake el stop....same as the lake red line stop....
GeneAnd there's also a State/Lake stop on the Green line, for the non-CTA literate.

SMO
:gulp:

StillMissOzzie
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
not much for beer(will be bringing some in from home)
Gene
Party in Gene's room!!!

SMO

whitesoxwilkes
01-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Anyone know who the Friday session is?

whtsx1959
01-09-2005, 01:10 AM
The ticket sales are on the same day so i'll post it here. I heard Konerko and Davis? are gunna give out refreshments to those in line. Is this true?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-09-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm on the line right now about going. Since I'm only 16, my funds are very limited. I can get enough to buy a ticket to the fest and $ for the metra train to get downtown. Anyone know if Union Station is within walkable distance from the Hyatt??

SpammySosa
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
The ticket sales are on the same day so i'll post it here. I heard Konerko and Davis? are gunna give out refreshments to those in line. Is this true?Too bad I have to work that morning. :mad:

Rocklive99
01-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Eh, I'm not that experienced by downtown, but from what I remember it wasn't really walking distance from Union Station, but in the summer they offered free trolleys that stopped right at the hotel. Maybe they have a bus or something

StillMissOzzie
01-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Eh, I'm not that experienced by downtown, but from what I remember it wasn't really walking distance from Union Station, but in the summer they offered free trolleys that stopped right at the hotel. Maybe they have a bus or something
Rocklive99 has provided a viable option, because that would be a long walk, especially if it gets cold, rainy, etc. Look for the free trolley with the Yellow Star route designation, they look like they go right by the Hyatt.

SMO

jake27
01-09-2005, 02:00 AM
last year spent like $200. got a game worn burke jersey and bought some other stuff. this year i dont have much money. probally just like $60. enough to buy opening day tickets, a hot dog, and a tshirt or something.:bandance:

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
01-09-2005, 03:04 AM
make sure to get a T-Rex for Carl to sign!!!

row18
01-09-2005, 09:35 AM
I have a seesion for Friday, does anyone knows how the private sessions work? Do we just line up as normal j/with less people, or can you interactive take pics, or talk for a second with them?

row18
01-09-2005, 09:48 AM
I spent $260+ in the garage sale last year along, and then if you don't have baseballs for signatures (and cases), you're have to buy them there (from the stores I been to, it's cheaper at the fest).
You know its all about what you want signed (if any) get you two convention
balls and 2 cases for about $20, and HAND SHAKIN" IS FREE!
Either wat you're have fun.

gosox41
01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm on the line right now about going. Since I'm only 16, my funds are very limited. I can get enough to buy a ticket to the fest and $ for the metra train to get downtown. Anyone know if Union Station is within walkable distance from the Hyatt??
Might be a litle cold for that, but I'd say if you walk briskly it can be done in 35-40 min. Of course, I never tried.

Bob

FedEx227
01-09-2005, 10:51 AM
for those looking for a way there, if you're near a Metra Train Station just take that to Union and take the 151 CTA Bus which will drop you off right in front of the Hyatt...thats how I'm getting there.

FedEx227
01-09-2005, 10:52 AM
last year spent like $200. got a game worn burke jersey and bought some other stuff.
I remember seeing a kid at one game wearing a Jamie Burke jersey, can you stake claim to being the only owner of a Jamie Burke jersey?

jake27
01-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I remember seeing a kid at one game wearing a Jamie Burke jersey, can you stake claim to being the only owner of a Jamie Burke jersey?
yes as far as i know im the only 1 w/ that jersey. so thats me

jake27
01-09-2005, 11:48 AM
for those looking for a way there, if you're near a Metra Train Station just take that to Union and take the 151 CTA Bus which will drop you off right in front of the Hyatt...thats how I'm getting there.
i was gonna drive to rosemont cta and have to walk from state/lake exit. now that i know this it will b much easier. thanks:D:

C-Dawg
01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
If you live near any of the Metra Electric or South Shore stations that is a good way to get there since the Randolph terminal downtown is very close to the Hyatt. When I go to the Auto Show, I drive down to the 92nd Street stop on the Metra / South Chicago branch and ride the train from there. Yes, its a long drive, but I'd rather do that than sit in a jam at the parking lot.

For Soxfest, I'll be taking the CTA from the Forest Park / Blue Line stop since its my regular route to the Cell anyway.

doublem23
01-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Which line would you be taking in? If you're on the UP-NW (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/cnw_nw.shtml) (the one that runs out to Harvard), I'd recommend getting off at Jefferson Park and then transferring to the Blue Line of the CTA (the Metra and CTA stations are in the same building at J.P.).

TornLabrum
01-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I have a seesion for Friday, does anyone knows how the private sessions work? Do we just line up as normal j/with less people, or can you interactive take pics, or talk for a second with them?
It'll be done in the ballroom upstairs if it's like the past. They generally limit you to a couple of autographs, iirc, but they're usually pretty good about letting you take pictures.

JoseCanseco6969
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
make sure to get a T-Rex for Carl to sign!!!
someone should seriously do that! the look on his face would be priceless:D:

ewokpelts
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
The ticket sales are on the same day so i'll post it here. I heard Konerko and Davis? are gunna give out refreshments to those in line. Is this true?yes....BUT AT THE CELL......between 8-10 am....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Party in Gene's room!!!

SMO
:gulp:We'll start partying after Kenny Resigns. :gulp:
Gene

ewokpelts
01-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I spent $260+ in the garage sale last year along, and then if you don't have baseballs for signatures (and cases), you're have to buy them there (from the stores I been to, it's cheaper at the fest).
You know its all about what you want signed (if any) get you two convention
balls and 2 cases for about $20, and HAND SHAKIN" IS FREE!
Either wat you're have fun.the sox sell the mlb authentic balls for WAY UNDER SRP.....it's worth it to get them there...
Gene

Viva Medias B's
01-09-2005, 03:16 PM
It's walkable if you have time. You may want to consider taking a taxicab or look into what CTA bus routes can shuttle you between Union Station and the Hyatt.

Brian26
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
It's walkable if you have time. You may want to consider taking a taxicab or look into what CTA bus routes can shuttle you between Union Station and the Hyatt.
It's definitely walkable. But remember that it will be cold out. All you have to do is walk up Canal...cross the river at some point to get over to Wacker (north-south), and follow that all the way over to the Hyatt (Wacker turns east-west at the River). Or- if you're daring, you can walk through the Pedway begining at the County Building (Washington and Lasalle). I went exploring last week and found that you can actually go underground from the County building all the way over to the Renaissance Hotel (1.5 blocks south of the Hyatt).

The other option of spending 5 or 6 bucks on a taxi might save you a ton of time and hassle.

The CTA bus option could work too- but you may have to wait a few minutes for it to show up.

Viva Medias B's
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
It's definitely walkable. But remember that it will be cold out. All you have to do is walk up Canal...cross the river at some point to get over to Wacker (north-south), and follow that all the way over to the Hyatt (Wacker turns east-west at the River). Or- if you're daring, you can walk through the Pedway begining at the County Building (Washington and Lasalle). I went exploring last week and found that you can actually go underground from the County building all the way over to the Renaissance Hotel (1.5 blocks south of the Hyatt).

The other option of spending 5 or 6 bucks on a taxi might save you a ton of time and hassle.

The CTA bus option could work too- but you may have to wait a few minutes for it to show up.
If this map (.pdf file) (http://www.spiegl.org/pedway/234-235.pdf) is correct, the pedway is open all the way.

ewokpelts
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
If this map (.pdf file) (http://www.spiegl.org/pedway/234-235.pdf) is correct, the pedway is open all the way.it looks like you can take one of the trolleys close to the hotel...i do know there are some navy pier buses that run close as well...
Gene

chisoxmike
01-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Looks like it will be another bitter cold SoxFest weekend.

Friday high= 8 :o:
Saturday high= 5 :o:

I was planning to get some Sox tickets that my 13-game plan denied me Friday morning,(4th of July) but that has been thrown out the window!

TornLabrum
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Looks like it will be another bitter cold SoxFest weekend.

Friday high= 8 :o:
Saturday high= 5 :o:

I was planning to get some Sox tickets that my 13-game plan denied me Friday morning,(4th of July) but that has been thrown out the window!
Ever since our first SoxFest about 10 years ago, the WCSF booth, I think has been directly across the aisle from the loading dock. Needless to say, on Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon, we've frozen our heinies off most years. This year they've moved our booth near where the phones are, pretty much on the opposite side of the room. We should be relatively warm. Now I hope people can find us.

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Rocklive99 has provided a viable option, because that would be a long walk, especially if it gets cold, rainy, etc. Look for the free trolley with the Yellow Star route designation, they look like they go right by the Hyatt.

SMO

I wouldn't count on those.

I wanted to take one last year and they told me that they weren't running. The year prior they were... :?:

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Ever since our first SoxFest about 10 years ago, the WCSF booth, I think has been directly across the aisle from the loading dock. Needless to say, on Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon, we've frozen our heinies off most years. This year they've moved our booth near where the phones are, pretty much on the opposite side of the room. We should be relatively warm. Now I hope people can find us.

There's a map in the little Soxfest booklet that you pick up on the way in. I'll just look for WCSF. :D:

FightingBillini
01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
It'll be done in the ballroom upstairs if it's like the past. They generally limit you to a couple of autographs, iirc, but they're usually pretty good about letting you take pictures.
Are you not allowed to take pictures in the general public section of Soxfest?

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Are you not allowed to take pictures in the general public section of Soxfest?

You're allowed to take pictures all over the place.

It's just posing with the guy signing autographs while there's a line of 500 people behind you that they can sometimes get upset about...

BainesHOF
01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Just a quick comment on parking for Soxfest...

I believe the Hyatt charged $20 a day in past years. The Millenium Park garage has upped its rate to $12. The weather report is for temperatures in the single digits for Soxfest so walking any distance outside might not be worth any savings.

What the Sox should do is offer free parking at the Cell and offer a shuttle service. That makes total sense to me, except the Hyatt probably wouldn't like it.

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Just a quick comment on parking for Soxfest...

I believe the Hyatt charged $20 a day in past years. The Millenium Park garage has upped its rate to $12. The weather report is for temperatures in the single digits for Soxfest so walking any distance outside might not be worth any savings.

What the Sox should do is offer free parking at the Cell and offer a shuttle service. That makes total sense to me, except the Hyatt probably wouldn't like it.

I thought it was only $16 a day for hotel guests.

Plus, having the car right at the hotel makes it much easier when you check-out since check-out time is like and hour or two before Soxfest ends.

You can have them bring your car up, throw all your stuff in it, have them park it again and then go back down and enjoy the rest of the fest. :cool:

Brian26
01-10-2005, 02:37 PM
If this map (.pdf file) (http://www.spiegl.org/pedway/234-235.pdf) is correct, the pedway is open all the way.
Almost. If you don't go up to the Renaissance/Fairmont Hotel, you have to walk outside to cross Lake Street. I tried figuring out a way to get across last week...I couldn't come up with anything.

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 02:46 PM
I thought it was only $16 a day for hotel guests.

Plus, having the car right at the hotel makes it much easier when you check-out since check-out time is like and hour or two before Soxfest ends.

You can have them bring your car up, throw all your stuff in it, have them park it again and then go back down and enjoy the rest of the fest. :cool:I just checked with the Hyatt. $39/night for hotel guests.

seahawk037
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I know that I might have asked this before, but can we bring our blank jerseys to SoxFest and have "authentic" lettering done, or at least ordered? If not, any suggestions as to the best place to go.

CubKilla
01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a spot where they will do it there for a price.

If you want it done before SoxFest, take it to Grandstand at 35th and Wallace.

HITMEN OF 77
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I know that I might have asked this before, but can we bring our blank jerseys to SoxFest and have "authentic" lettering done, or at least ordered? If not, any suggestions as to the best place to go.
At Soxfest,there's a large booth downstairs that sells jerseys and does lettering/numbering.

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a spot where they will do it there for a price.

If you want it done before SoxFest, take it to Grandstand at 35th and Wallace.

Yes, there is a place at Soxfest.

Viva Medias B's
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I just checked with the Hyatt. $39/night for hotel guests.
That's the Hyatt for you, but it will be worth it having the car there

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2005, 05:01 PM
That's the Hyatt for you, but it will be worth it having the car thereNot when I can park 2 blocks away at Millenium Park for $12/day.

SpammySosa
01-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I received mine today!!! :supernana:

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes. Triple threat sports will do numbering/names on the spot, but they will probably only have Sox players (no "customized"). I bought a jersey there last year and picked it up in an hour. This year I am bringing a blank BP jersey I have and getting some numbers put on. Guess what number. :wink:

Sorry about the seahawks.

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I just checked with the Hyatt. $39/night for hotel guests.

I've only been charged $36 for both nights the past two times I've been there. :?:

Guess I'll find out when I get there...

Iwritecode
01-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I received mine today!!! :supernana:

So did I. :D:

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes. Triple threat sports will do numbering/names on the spot, but they will probably only have Sox players (no "customized"). I bought a jersey there last year and picked it up in an hour. This year I am bringing a blank BP jersey I have and getting some numbers put on. Guess what number. :wink:

did the team mention what number pods was given?
Gene

Palehose13
01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Gene
I haven't heard anything, but I do plan on finding out. :D:

bafiarocks03
01-10-2005, 05:46 PM
WOOOO!!! I got my tickets! and i can't wait to meet Willie Harris again!!:D:

ewokpelts
01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
WOOOO!!! I got my tickets! and i can't wait to meet Willie Harris again!!:D:Harris? He's no D'angelo.....
Gene

zach074
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
#57 please be #57.:bandance:

Mots09
01-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I got my letter also that confirmed my entrance into the private autograph party!

See you guys in a few days!:supernana:

Rocklive99
01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
ESPN 1000 is also going to be there http://www.am1000.com/listingsentryheadline.asp?ID=272128&PT=Station+News

TornLabrum
01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I got my letter also that confirmed my entrance into the private autograph party!

I got mine, too, and it looks like that was enough to convince Jeff to head to SoxFest, too. Maybe they'll give him a break with that back brace....

C-Dawg
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Will they do any player, or just current players/current jerseys? I think it would be cool to have something like a Salome Barojas or Tom Seaver jersey.

beckett21
01-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Gene Don't know if this is official, but...

Sox 40-man roster (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=cws)

According to Whitesox.com:

Podsednik will be #22

They also have El Duque listed as #26; Gload #17

AJP listed as #12

Sorry if this has been posted already.

bhayes520
01-10-2005, 09:59 PM
and how much would TTS be charging for this lettering servie???

Brian26
01-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Don't know if this is official, but...

Sox 40-man roster (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=cws)

According to Whitesox.com:

Podsednik will be #22

They also have El Duque listed as #26; Gload #17

AJP listed as #12

Sorry if this has been posted already.This MIGHT be correct. Wasn't Gload #26 last year? Did Gload give up his number for El Duque? And Pods getting Manos' old number makes sense too.

beckett21
01-10-2005, 10:31 PM
This MIGHT be correct. Wasn't Gload #26 last year? Did Gload give up his number for El Duque? And Pods getting Manos' old number makes sense too.
Yes, Gload was 26 last year.

I would tend to think this is accurate, but again not sure if it is *official* . Things could change in ST I suppose.

BainesHOF
01-11-2005, 04:47 AM
When I quoted past parking prices at the Hyatt, it was not for an overnight stay but for attending that day's Soxfest. I think the listed price was significantly higher, but then I was charged "only" $20.

ewokpelts
01-11-2005, 09:23 AM
and how much would TTS be charging for this lettering servie???35 bucks.....MUCH CHEAPER than Grandstand charges for player jerseys...
Gene

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 09:31 AM
35 bucks.....MUCH CHEAPER than Grandstand charges for player jerseys...
Gene
Thanks, Gene. I knew the jerseys were cheaper, but I wasn't sure about the lettering (which I will be getting done).

FedEx227
01-11-2005, 09:41 AM
You may want to consider taking a taxicab or look into what CTA bus routes can shuttle you between Union Station and the Hyatt. Yeah the 151 that you can pick up on Adams/LaSalle drops your right off in front of the Hyatt.

The route is walkable, but would take a good 15-20 minutes, and its going to be bitterly cold..

also, I don't know if the trolley stops there, but the Navy Pier trolley does stop right in front of the CTA 151 stop, so if they are running the trolleys, that would be your best bet since its free :)

seahawk037
01-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks all, $35 to add a name and number is pretty reasonable. Now the question is whether to get Rowand, Freddy or MB or to argue with my buddy about getting Fisk (I wasn't a Sox fan until 3 years ago).

And it was expected with the Seahawks, and :(: Holmgren will be around for at least another year. Good thing the Sox are gonna prevail this year.

Palehose13
01-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks all, $35 to add a name and number is pretty reasonable. Now the question is whether to get Rowand, Freddy or MB or to argue with my buddy about getting Fisk (I wasn't a Sox fan until 3 years ago).

Who do you like the most or (if it's pretty even) who do you think is going to be around longer?

I'm thinking about taking a risk and getting a Podsednik jersey at Soxfest.

LVSoxFan
01-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Here's one for ya: can they take letters OFF a jersey, LOL?

I have a kickass American League All-Star jersey from last year with, you guessed it, Loaiza and his number on the back. Ooof!

Ol' No. 2
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM

I have a kickass American League All-Star jersey from last year with, you guessed it, Loaiza and his number on the back. Ooof!I imagine there's a lot of people with money invested in Ordonez jerseys that might be interested in the answer to this, too.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 12:08 PM

I have a kickass American League All-Star jersey from last year with, you guessed it, Loaiza and his number on the back. Ooof!
That one might be better to keep. As a collecter's item it may have some value down the road, unless you truly went out and bought a 2004 AS game jersey and had Loaiza's number and name put on it. I figured you meant 2003.

Iwritecode
01-11-2005, 12:18 PM

I'll trade ya my Everett AS jersey.

alohafri
01-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks a lot! I think thats what me and my buddy will be taking. No way I want to spend a fortune parking. Hope to see you all there.:gulp:
With temps expected to be in the single digits, I'll pay whatever they want.

Olivo4MVP
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Do you guys have any suggestions for what to bring for players to sign for autographs. I got cards of all the current players, but was wondering what should I have Garcia, Pods, Dye, and AJ sign? I was thinking a baseball, any other ideas?
Thanks-
Cya in 3 days

Iwritecode
01-11-2005, 04:36 PM
They sell baseballs there pretty cheap. Cases too.

Jerseys, bats, balls, helmets, pictures, old scorecards, hats, flags...

You can bring your own or buy them there.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 05:12 PM
If you park in Millennium Park garage, it isn't a long walk (about a block) and you will save a fortune on parking fees.

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Looking at the Hyatt's "Dining/Entertainment" page (http://chicagoregency.hyatt.com/property/hotelinfo/dining/index.jhtml?ssnav=0), I noticed that Knuckles' Sports Bar was not listed. Did it close?

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 05:16 PM
If you park in Millennium Park garage, it isn't a long walk (about a block) and you will save a fortune on parking fees.
Yeah, but if you're staying at the Hyatt, you don't want to be dragging all your crap down Michigan Avenue or Columbus Drive in single digit tempeartures.

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, but if you're staying at the Hyatt, you don't want to be dragging all your crap down Michigan Avenue or Columbus Drive in single digit tempeartures.
So drop people off with the luggage then go park. Then when you leave, go get the car and pick people up with the luggage.

If it's just you and you have more than a single overnight bag and a backpack to stay two days at a hotel loaded with everything you will ever need to live on, then you need to learn how to pack...:rolleyes:

whitesoxwilkes
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow! I actually get to do this for once!

:tomatoaward

darklord23
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
:canseco im pumped up

HITMEN OF 77
01-11-2005, 06:12 PM

I thought for sure I would have been one of the 1st 250 to buy my tickets for Soxfest but I guess not, at least I haven't seen an envelope in the mail yet.

SpammySosa
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
I thought for sure I would have been one of the 1st 250 to buy my tickets for Soxfest but I guess not, at least I haven't seen an envelope in the mail yet.
On the bottom of my invitation it says "349/350" which implies 1) I barely made the cut and 2)There are 100 in addition to the stated 250.

BridgePortNative
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
SoxFest is around the corner, with such radical changes to our team we have gotten several players. My question to you is which of our new Sox players would you like to meet and talk to at SoxFest???

OEO Magglio
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
SoxFest is around the corner, with such radical changes to our team we have gotten several players. My question to you is which of our new Sox players would you like to meet and talk to at SoxFest???
Scotty, Aj and Dye will all be there and those 3 and Freddy are the four guys I'm really looking forward to seeing. After those four it will be all seminars and spending money for me :cool:

GiveMeSox
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Anyone know where the best place is to park to SoxFest this weekend. Me and some friends will be driving up from Purdue satuday to go. Is there anywhere to park around the Hyatt or do you have to valet? Where are the cheap lots at, any transfers to the hotel? Also is there any sort of valadating if you attend a conference at the hotel? Thanks Guys and see ya there.

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I think the Hyatt has an underground parking garage, if I remember correctly. It is kind of expensive though, so if money is an issue, maybe look for a parking garage around there.

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 09:21 PM
I know there's a garage at 400 N. LaSalle (at Kinzie) that has $6 night/weekend parking. Do that if you don't mind a little walk

NSSoxFan2
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
While we are talking about SoxFest, I have a quick question. How much are customized jerseys that are done on site at SoxFest? I have been there in 2000 and 2001, but I don't remember. I do remember that they were doing them for a cheaper price then what you find normally. Anyone?

GiveMeSox
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I know there's a garage at 400 N. LaSalle (at Kinzie) that has $6 night/weekend parking. Do that if you don't mind a little walk
Gracias!

DVsoxfan
01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I think the Hyatt has an underground parking garage, if I remember correctly. It is kind of expensive though, so if money is an issue, maybe look for a parking garage around there.
Does anyone know how expensive that underground garage at the Hyatt is??

thanks

voodoochile
01-11-2005, 09:38 PM
That's going to be more than a little walk. It's around 3/4ths of a mile and it's going to be damned cold.

The underground garage at the Hyatt will run you at least $20/night maybe 30.

Millenium Park Garage (attached to but north of Monroe Street) is $8-10/24-hour period (unless it went up a bit, but shouldn't be that much higher) and if you drive to the north end of the garage before exiting you will be about 1 block from the hotel.

Olivo4MVP
01-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Does anyone have any information about the Sox after party that you are invited to if you are staying at the hotel?

MUsoxfan
01-11-2005, 09:42 PM
That's going to be more than a little walk. It's around 3/4ths of a mile and it's going to be damned cold.

Ahhh yes....I forgot about the impending deep freeze

GiveMeSox
01-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Millenium Park Garage (attached to but north of Monroe Street) is $8-10/24-hour period (unless it went up a bit, but shouldn't be that much higher) and if you drive to the north end of the garage before exiting you will be about 1 block from the hotel.
Sounds Perfect, thanks Voodoo!!

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have any information about the Sox after party that you are invited to if you are staying at the hotel?
I'm sure they'll have info on that when we get there Friday.

darklord23
01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
i want to go to soxfest but i cant sounds like a fun expierence

Rocklive99
01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Schedule is posted! Woot woot! http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/soxfest/schedule.jsp

EDIT: LOL just saw the other thread

Viva Medias B's
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Now, it appears that it will be warmer (http://www.w3.weather.com/weather/local/60601?lswe=60601&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared) this weekend with highs in the 20s, per the Weather Channel.

OzzieBall2004
01-11-2005, 10:50 PM

I called....try 38 bucks

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2005, 10:26 AM

Millenium Park Garage (attached to but north of Monroe Street) is $8-10/24-hour period (unless it went up a bit, but shouldn't be that much higher) and if you drive to the north end of the garage before exiting you will be about 1 block from the hotel.I checked with the Hyatt. It's $39/night. I'll walk the two blocks from Millenium park and pay $12/day. So what if it's going to be in the single digits? All you wusses who grew up in Florida can pay through the nose to park at the Hyatt. Us REAL Chicagoans don't mind a little cold weather.:redneck

HITMEN OF 77
01-12-2005, 06:23 PM
On the bottom of my invitation it says "349/350" which implies 1) I barely made the cut and 2)There are 100 in addition to the stated 250.
It came in the mail today. :D: Thank goodness!! My flight leaves at 5am tomorrow. #243/350.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Just incase anyone was planning on walking up and getting tickets this saturday...

Saturday Soxfest tickets and hotel packages sold out

link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050112&content_id=930286&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp)

Brian26
01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
It came in the mail today. :D: Thank goodness!! My flight leaves at 5am tomorrow. #243/350.
What a fan to fly in from out of town! Have fun at the Fest!

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 11:04 AM
I see on the schedule for Friday night they have Hitting with Carl Everett at 5:30 and Fielding with Joe Borchard at 8:00. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Iwritecode
01-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Just incase anyone was planning on walking up and getting tickets this saturday...

Saturday Soxfest tickets and hotel packages sold out

link (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050112&content_id=930286&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp)

I'm only bringing three people so I should have an extra ticket for all three days if anyone is interested.

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Turns out I will need an Extra Ticket for Saturday if anyone can accomodate?
Im taking my little cousin, indoctrinating him right ....... :smile:

rdivaldi
01-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I checked with the Hyatt. It's $39/night. I'll walk the two blocks from Millenium park and pay $12/day. While still a good deal, the Millenium garage is now $15.75 if you stay for more than 12 hours...

pinwheels3530
01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
While still a good deal, the Millenium garage is now $15.75 if you stay for more than 12 hours...

I just booked my Friday nite room at the Hyatt & I asked if there was a special Sox fest parking rate, she said yes it's $13.00. I just wanted to pass on the info.

Iwritecode
01-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I just booked my Friday nite room at the Hyatt & I asked if there was a special Sox fest parking rate, she said yes it's $13.00. I just wanted to pass on the info.

Sweet. :D:

With the weather reports saying a high of 10 degrees with a wind chill of 10-20 below (especially the wind coming off the lake) I don't care what I have to pay.

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Turns out I will need an Extra Ticket for Saturday if anyone can accomodate?
Im taking my little cousin, indoctrinating him right ....... :smile:I'll probably have at least one extra. I'll try to hook up with you at the Atrium bar on Friday night.

jake27
01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I see on the schedule for Friday night they have Hitting with Carl Everett at 5:30 and Fielding with Joe Borchard at 8:00. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
do people with kids going really want to have crazy carl teach hitting and joe teach fielding:rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 02:41 PM
do people with kids going really want to have crazy carl teach hitting and joe teach fielding:rolleyes:Better than the other way around.:o: