PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers getting ready to overpay for Lowe?

santo=dorf
01-08-2005, 01:04 AM
The Dodgers are moving close to a four-year, $36 million contract with Derek Lowe.
It's hard to believe Paul DePodesta is going to give Lowe that much money. We're guessing that this means he's still confident he can dump Shawn Green
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-dodgers-lowe&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good. I can only imagine the hysteria from some of the posters if the Tigers were to sign him. Troy Percival AND Derek Lowe??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SaltyPretzel
01-08-2005, 01:25 AM
4 years? :smokin:

SaltyPretzel
01-08-2005, 01:27 AM
$36,000,000? :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Good thing we locked up Garcia.

Huisj
01-08-2005, 01:29 AM
that is ridiculous. two starts in the postseason got him that contract if it actually happens. he was all over the place during the regular season and was in the doghouse. i bet this bites them in the rear.

samram
01-08-2005, 07:51 AM
that is ridiculous. two starts in the postseason got him that contract if it actually happens. he was all over the place during the regular season and was in the doghouse. i bet this bites them in the rear.
Yeah, I don't get it either. I think he's a good fit in that ballpark and in the NL he should have better numbers than he had in 2004, but I don't see why he warrants four years. DePodesta is already unpopular with a lot of Dodger fans, so he really doesn't need any bad signings.

Soxzilla
01-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Dodgers also resign Odalis Perez to a three year(w/option) 24 million dollar deal.

I'd much rather give Freddy 9 ... than give Odalis 8 ... god Kenny owned the pitching market.:smile: