PDA

View Full Version : AJ on espn 1000

zach074
01-07-2005, 02:53 PM
AJ will be doing an interview on The MJH show at 4.

mweflen
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
AJ will be doing an interview on The MJH show at 4.
Please summarize, if possible. It's much appreciated by the non-radio-accessible working stiffs out there :smile:

zach074
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Ill try and remeber to listen for you. You can listen on your computer to ya know?

PicktoCLick72
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
AJ will be doing an interview on The MJH show at 4. He's also gonna be on the Score on the Rick Telander show.

twsoxfan5
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I know I will be listening because I do everyday at work and I will update you guys if no one else does

Mickster
01-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Please summarize, if possible. It's much appreciated by the non-radio-accessible working stiffs out there :smile:
www.am1000.com (http://www.am1000.com) if you have speakers hooked up to your pc. :cool:

mweflen
01-07-2005, 03:14 PM
www.am1000.com (http://www.am1000.com) if you have speakers hooked up to your pc. :cool:
Oh, I do, but it's not really appropriate in my office context. So I have to deal with blow-by-blows by you guys :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
4:00 central?

Mickster
01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh, I do, but it's not really appropriate in my office context. So I have to deal with blow-by-blows by you guys :smile:
Where do you work?

bennyw41
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
4:00 central?
Come on.......

na_na_na_na
01-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Where do you work?
my guess: Shefield and Addison

Mickster
01-07-2005, 03:21 PM
my guess: Shefield and Addison
POTW! Classic. :roflmao:

SOXintheBURGH
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Come on.......
Hey, I don't like messing around with my superior Eastern Standard Time.

mweflen
01-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Ho ho.

I work at a law firm downtown. So, unfortunately, decorum prevails. :smile:

I would never work at the Urinal, unless I was swinging a wrecking ball from a crane.

Baby Fisk
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
my guess: Shefield and AddisonThat is awesome. :cheers:

Mickster
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Ho ho.

I work at a law firm downtown. So, unfortunately, decorum prevails. :smile:

I would never work at the Urinal, unless I was swinging a wrecking ball from a crane.I manage a law firm downtown as well. Decorum schmecorum...... :D:

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 03:25 PM
:worship: www.am1000.com (http://www.am1000.com/) if you have speakers hooked up to your pc. :cool:Thanks, I'm hooked up! :)

mweflen
01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I manage a law firm downtown as well. Decorum schmecorum...... :D: Well, it's a manager's wont to declare a decorum schmecorum moratorium. Not mine, alas. :rolleyes:

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow... these three guys are annoying to listen too. :?:

Or maybe it's just me. :D:

Jjav829
01-07-2005, 03:37 PM

They're kinda goofy. Welcome to sports talk radio. :smile: It helps make the work day go by faster.

Iwritecode
01-07-2005, 03:39 PM

The only sound I get from my computer is the grinding of the hard drive.

They even took out the internal speaker on this thing...

Palehose13
01-07-2005, 03:40 PM

My guess it that you have never hear Mike North. IMO, MJ & H is the best sports radio show in Chicago. I guess you have to get used to them though...

na_na_na_na
01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
MJ&H are great sports talk hosts. I'm excited to hear the interview. Did anyone listen to the conference call with him on mlb.com. pretty good stuff.

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
They're kinda goofy. Welcome to sports talk radio. :smile: It helps make the work day go by faster.Yeah... kinda goofy is the perfect description. I guess they're an acquired taste... I'm just happy to hear their show... I'll persevere.

:)

NardiWasHere
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
north is an idiot and MJH are just as bad.... Boers and Bernstien are where its all at baby...

Palehose13
01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
north is an idiot and MJH are just as bad.... Boers and Bernstien are where its all at baby...
I can handle Boring and Bernice when they aren't spending their entire show giggling and acting like 12 year old boys.

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 03:53 PM
My guess it that you have never hear Mike North. IMO, MJ & H is the best sports radio show in Chicago. I guess you have to get used to them though...No, I haven't had the pleasure of listening to Mike North. What's he like?

MushMouth
01-07-2005, 03:56 PM
No, I haven't had the pleasure of listening to Mike North. What's he like?

If its possible, he's nearly a parody of the SNL Bear's fans. Talks with as thick an accent, and I honestly believe they occasionally tell him to lay it on even thicker to sound more Chicago. He's quite bad.

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
If its possible, he's nearly a parody of the SNL Bear's fans. Talks with as thick an accent, and I honestly believe they occasionally tell him to lay it on even thicker to sound more Chicago. He's quite bad.I remember those SNL guys... Da Bears, Da Coach... Da Dis, Da Dat... btw, who did I do? :redface:

Palehose13
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
If its possible, he's nearly a parody of the SNL Bear's fans. Talks with as thick an accent, and I honestly believe they occasionally tell him to lay it on even thicker to sound more Chicago. He's quite bad.
And he rarely talks sports (at least that's the way he was when I last heard him), feels the need to enlighten listeners with his "political rants", and he claims not to be racist or sexist...but doesn't talk like it.

Soxzilla
01-07-2005, 04:00 PM
They were quite enjoyable today. It's best when they don't actually talk about sports, but rather when they spend 30 minutes ripping on each other.

Rocky Soprano
01-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Why the Sox?

He loves the city, wants to win.

Looking to beat the Twins and win the Central.

Likes the whole pitching staff. He sounds really excited talking about it.

He understands why everyone keeps asking about him being a cancer. He will sit down with the pitchers and let them know they can always talk to him.
He wants to get along with everyone and just win games.

He never blew a pitcher off saying he didnt have time to go over hitters.

He doesnt know where this stuff is coming from, calls them second hand stories.

He will try to change peoples minds.

He doesnt think he was ever disliked in Minnesota. In San Francisco maybe didnt do best to fit it, but he tried. You cant control what people will say. All he asks is for respect.

Its just not the catchers fault if he doesnt throw a runner out. He says he is so slow he could throw himself out everytime. he says he thinks even Konerko is faster than him.

He is going to take a Spanish course. hahahaha

He doesnt care where he hits as long as he is in the lineup.

Looking foward to the opportunity playing with the Sox. Thinks Kenny has done a great job this offseason.

He has the ball from the tied All-Star game.

Doug is not greedy. He doesnt want to sell it, he just wants to keep it. Maybe he would donate it.

He is a Bucs fan. Likes Pittsburgh for SuperBowl.

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Jurko went right at him with the clubhouse cancer question... AJ responded with poise.

zach074
01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
He loves Chicago and wants to win! He thinks the pitching staff is good. He wants to change attitude. That story about him not wanting to go over the hitters is a lie.

Over By There
01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Flat out denies the card-playing incident.

Unregistered
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
AJ says he thinks Konerko could beat him in a race...

zach074
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
He says he would throw more runners out if the runners were him. Slower than Paul, likes to hit in the back of the order.

Ol' No. 2
01-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Why the Sox?

He loves the city, wants to win.

Looking to beat the Twins and win the Central.

Likes the whole pitching staff. He sounds really excited talking about it.

He understands why everyone keeps asking about him being a cancer. He will sit down with the pitchers and let them know they can always talk to him.
He wants to get along with everyone and just win games.

He never blew a pitcher off saying he didnt have time to go over hitters.

He doesnt know where this stuff is coming from, calls them second hand stories.

He will try to change peoples minds.

He doesnt think he was ever disliked in Minnesota. In San Francisco maybe didnt do best to fit it, but he tried. You cant control what people will say. All he asks is for respect.

Its just not the catchers fault if he doesnt throw a runner out. He says he is so slow he could throw himself out everytime. he says he thinks even Konerko is faster than him.What else is he going to say? Actions speak louder than words. We'll see. But Ozzie is not Felipe Alou, that's for sure.

zach074
01-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Doesn't speak Japanese or Spanish. He is looking forward to the opportunity.

Over By There
01-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Just said Doug Mientkiewicz is his best friend in the world...
:chunks

jkrohn
01-07-2005, 04:16 PM
What about the Whitesox appealed.
Loves the city. Playing for a team that is contending.

What is missing from the WS?
Doesn't know. Always been on other side. Looking forward to winning central and beating twins. Wants the help WS win.

Impressions of starting rotation.
Looks good. Not just starters, but also bullpen. Freddy and Burhle, can't ask for better 1-2 punch. Garland good. If El Duque is healthy he is money.

Upset about clubhouse cancer talk?
No, it is something he expects and is something he wants to change. Never been one to run and hide. Says of pitchers have problems they should come talk to him. Doesn't know where this rap came from. No1 priority is to win games.

Did the card incident happen?
No it never happened. Prides himself on being first to park and last to leave. Story didn't happen how it was reported. All secondhand stories. Now it has blown up. Gonna go his best to change people's minds.

Threw out 22% of runners last year, some catchers have no chance since pitchers can't hold runners on. Did that lower your numbers?
Thinks so, but won't say anything about pitchers there. They didn't use the slidestep and such. A different game. It takes three people to throw a guy out at second, so it isn't all the catcher though he takes all of the rap.

Also he thinks he is slower than Paul!

How man games do you want to catch?
He wants to catch 162 but can't, wants to play as much as he can. Ben is a good player and catcher, so he doesn't know. The competitor wants to catch every day, but you do need days off.

How is your spanish and japenese?
Ws joking with someone yesterday that he is gonna have to get one of those computer spanish programs! Thinks most guys speak good enough english to get on teh same page, and others can translate for him.

Why do you bat so low? (Avg and low strikeouts)
Loves hitting low in the order. He is the "second" cleanup hitter. Was a running joke in Minn. Doesn't care where he is in the lineup. Hit 4,5,6,7,8, in SF last year. Doesn't care where he is as long as he can be productive and help them win.

Lost Maggs and Lee. Gonna play longball or smallball?
Coming from Pitchers to Hitters park. All he can do though is what comes natural. Can't just do what you want. Can't force it. Looks forward to the opportunity to play here and thanks the WS for giving him a chance. Thinks KW doing a good job putting pieces in place in spite of losing those guys.

NardiWasHere
01-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Quote of the interview... when asked about getting along in SF... "I tried my best, but maybe i didn't do everything i could have" (or somthing along those lines)..... huh?

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 04:22 PM
A.J. sounded just as articulate as last year when Jim Rome interviewed him... I would have asked him to explain his pre-game prep with pitchers, mainly to allow him another angle to refute the me-first label he's been tagged with.

twsoxfan5
01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I just listened to AJ Pierzinski on MAC/JURKO/HARRY and he sounded like a good guy. I know that he could be blowing smoke up our a**es, but he seemed geniune and he sure fooled them as well. He did say that he was always willing to work with the pitchers while in San Fran. He said that when he gets here he would like sit down with all the pitchers and explain to them that those rumors are false and that he would be willing to work with all of them. He also said he would like to prove those rumors wrong because it is affecting his career. He has never had a problem getting along with anyone and he is excited to be with the White Sox in a city he loves. He also wanted to thank the White Sox for giving him a chance. All in all sounds good to me but I guess we will see.

mike squires
01-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Thank the Sox for givnghm a chance?Sounds like a phrase one at the end o hiscarer might say. So nobody wanted him or not at the price we were willing to give??? Anyone know who is agent is?

surfdudes
01-07-2005, 04:26 PM
What about the Whitesox appealed.
Loves the city. Playing for a team that is contending.

What is missing from the WS?
Doesn't know. Always been on other side. Looking forward to winning central and beating twins. Wants the help WS win.

Impressions of starting rotation.
Looks good. Not just starters, but also bullpen. Freddy and Burhle, can't ask for better 1-2 punch. Garland good. If El Duque is healthy he is money.

Upset about clubhouse cancer talk?
No, it is something he expects and is something he wants to change. Never been one to run and hide. Says of pitchers have problems they should come talk to him. Doesn't know where this rap came from. No1 priority is to win games.

Did the card incident happen?
No it never happened. Prides himself on being first to park and last to leave. Story didn't happen how it was reported. All secondhand stories. Now it has blown up. Gonna go his best to change people's minds.

Threw out 22% of runners last year, some catchers have no chance since pitchers can't hold runners on. Did that lower your numbers?
Thinks so, but won't say anything about pitchers there. They didn't use the slidestep and such. A different game. It takes three people to throw a guy out at second, so it isn't all the catcher though he takes all of the rap.

Also he thinks he is slower than Paul!

How man games do you want to catch?
He wants to catch 162 but can't, wants to play as much as he can. Ben is a good player and catcher, so he doesn't know. The competitor wants to catch every day, but you do need days off.

How is your spanish and japenese?
Ws joking with someone yesterday that he is gonna have to get one of those computer spanish programs! Thinks most guys speak good enough english to get on teh same page, and others can translate for him.

Why do you bat so low? (Avg and low strikeouts)
Loves hitting low in the order. He is the "second" cleanup hitter. Was a running joke in Minn. Doesn't care where he is in the lineup. Hit 4,5,6,7,8, in SF last year. Doesn't care where he is as long as he can be productive and help them win.

Lost Maggs and Lee. Gonna play longball or smallball?
Coming from Pitchers to Hitters park. All he can do though is what comes natural. Can't just do what you want. Can't force it. Looks forward to the opportunity to play here and thanks the WS for giving him a chance. Thinks KW doing a good job putting pieces in place in spite of losing those guys.
Thanks for the Synopsis- Its good to know this guys wants to right any wrongs, etc...

Rocklive99
01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Sounded good, just wish they wouldve asked about his relationship with Buerhle, Konerko, and others

NardiWasHere
01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
If he was so willing to work with pitchers and was the way he portrayed himself to be, why would SF not want his production around after giving up Nathan to get him??

He's a jerk, lets see if it disrupts the team

bennyw41
01-07-2005, 04:31 PM
He also said he would like to prove those rumors wrong because it is affecting his career.

"I would like to be known as an assbag for my life, thank you."

Is anyone surprised at ANYTHING this guy, or any other guy says? When Royce Clayton came to town, I heard an interview about how he couldn't wait to try to prove he can hit. Why don't we wait till he does something good or bad, then judge him?

SoxFan76
01-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the recap, guys.

SoxFan76
01-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I think he was putting on a bit of an act for the interview, but I think AJ will be fine this year as far as his attitude is concerned.

hose
01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
AJ's a Sox now so all that other crap is in the past and I've wiped the slate clean. I don't see him as a Jamie Navarro or a Albert Belle , those were about the only Sox that I couldn't stand.

Brace yourself.......I'm sure KW is going with ex-Twins now that the Ex-Indian movement ended with Omar signing with SF, Dougie Mancaveits will probaly take over for Paulie in 2006.

PorkChopExpress
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Sounded good, just wish they wouldve asked about his relationship with Buerhle, Konerko, and others
In his conference call yesterday, he said he doesn't know of any bad blood between him and any Sox player, that he knows these guys, Frank, Buehrle, etc. You can listen to that conference call if you go the whitesox.com, and click on the link to the article about him signing.

PorkChopExpress
01-07-2005, 04:42 PM
If he was so willing to work with pitchers and was the way he portrayed himself to be, why would SF not want his production around after giving up Nathan to get him??
If I had the chance to swap AJ for Matheny, I would have done it too. Matheny is one of the best defensive catchers around, and that's more important in the catching position. Leave the offensive stuff to Bonds. San Fran's park is a pitcher's park anyway.

NardiWasHere
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Brace yourself.......I'm sure KW is going with ex-Twins now that the Ex-Indian movement ended with Omar signing with SF, Dougie Mancaveits will probaly take over for Paulie in 2006.
I'm still sort of new here, but does this post merit the...
:tealpolice:

ja1022
01-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't see him as a Jamie Navarro or a Albert Belle , those were about the only Sox that I couldn't stand.

Granted, Albert Belle was a dick, but the man produced when he was here. It can be argued that '98 was the best single season of offensive production ever by a White Sox. 49 hr, 152 rbi and .328 with an OPS of 1.054.

twsoxfan5
01-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Nardi do you ever relax. You should also notice that I did put in my thread that he may be blowing smoke up our a**es and I think that the White Sox are better off with him on the roster. I think that you might want to try be positive for once. This was a good move for our team.

zach074
01-07-2005, 05:39 PM
He has the ball from the tied All-Star game.

Doug is not greedy. He doesnt want to sell it, he just wants to keep it. Maybe he would donate it.
I belive Doug has the ball from the last out of the World Series.

Erik The Red
01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I belive Doug has the ball from the last out of the World Series. Rocky's saying that A.J. has the ball from the tied all-star game. Not Doug.

zach074
01-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Rocky's saying that A.J. has the ball from the tied all-star game. Not Doug.
O ok but isn't it some big controversey in Boston about Doug having the World Series ball?

petekat
01-07-2005, 05:50 PM
sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. then again this city has put up with Theo Fleury, Rodman, Grudzie, when they all had reps- with mixed success. Tony Phillips and Carl worked out, at least regarded as great teammates. Cant wait to see AJ and Frank go at it, or maybe AJ and Carl

What else is he going to say? Actions speak louder than words. We'll see. But Ozzie is not Felipe Alou, that's for sure.

MeanFish
01-07-2005, 05:51 PM
You know, we're giving way too much attention to these ex-Twin teammates and their famous white balls.

:D:

(Sorry, that was bad and I couldn't resist.)

Nick@Nite
01-07-2005, 05:53 PM
O ok but isn't it some big controversey in Boston about Doug having the World Series ball?
Mientkiewicz won't give up WS ball..... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43754)

petekat
01-07-2005, 05:54 PM
actually Albert's stay here wasn't that bad. Put up good production- overpriced yes but the O's took him off our hands. Pleasant guy if you approached him in the right setting, and not when he was into his preps.

AJ's a Sox now so all that other crap is in the past and I've wiped the slate clean. I don't see him as a Jamie Navarro or a Albert Belle , those were about the only Sox that I couldn't stand.

Erik The Red
01-07-2005, 06:05 PM
O ok but isn't it some big controversey in Boston about Doug having the World Series ball? It appears to be so. I thought you misunderstood and thought Rocky was saying that A.J. the world series ball, so I was clarifying.