PDA

View Full Version : Blue seat sale news??

JoseCanseco6969
01-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Anyone have any information about the sale of those lovely blue seats we've become so fond of???
I'd love to grab me a club level pair with the padding

scooter300
01-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Just remember what happened last time seats went on sale. I was about 30 seconds from leaving to get them and something came up, but I think they ended up being sold out and only season ticket holders got them or something. Long story short, the general public got hosed.

Tekijawa
01-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Just remember what happened last time seats went on sale. I was about 30 seconds from leaving to get them and something came up, but I think they ended up being sold out and only season ticket holders got them or something. Long story short, the general public got hosed.
Wait until you become a season ticket holder before you pass judgement on who gets hosed.

mweflen
01-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I like the blue seats :cool:

pinwheels3530
01-07-2005, 11:52 AM
I like the blue seats :cool:

I hate the blue seats.:cool:

Clembasbal
01-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Wait until you become a season ticket holder before you pass judgement on who gets hosed.
True that, for dedicated so much time and money into the Sox we get crap! Oh wait, we get a folding chair that everybody in the world has, or a bobblehead that we got earlier in the year because we all went to that game.

The only good thing was that blanket a few years back.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
:giangreco
"I'll take a gross, please!"

scooter300
01-07-2005, 12:03 PM
True that, for dedicated so much time and money into the Sox we get crap! Oh wait, we get a folding chair that everybody in the world has, or a bobblehead that we got earlier in the year because we all went to that game.

The only good thing was that blanket a few years back.
I guess I will save up $2500 so I can get a blue seat then. You can't open it up to the general public and then when they come say, "sorry, we're all out." It could have been handled way better. Have the season ticket holders put in their requests early so they know how many they have left, do anything, but it was handled poorly last time.

chidavid18
01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
There not for sale.

Rush20
01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Hopefully they will limit the amount to perhaps 2 seats per customer. I don't think the season ticket holders alone will buy 35,000 seats.

I hope to get a seat from the right or left field upper deck corners. Lord knows they should be in great shape as they were hardly used! :tongue:

scooter300
01-07-2005, 12:22 PM
There not for sale.
Nice statement, care to share your source or info? I havent heard that they were for sale either though.

eshunn2001
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey I found a website where I could buy seats from Old Comiskey for like 500 bucks, And the have a doule seat for 1,400 bucks. Does anyone know where I could get more of them for cheaper. I am building a room with stadium seating And want to make all the seats from the old park. If all else fails I will jusy buy green stadium seats, I guess.

ewokpelts
01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I guess I will save up $2500 so I can get a blue seat then. You can't open it up to the general public and then when they come say, "sorry, we're all out." It could have been handled way better. Have the season ticket holders put in their requests early so they know how many they have left, do anything, but it was handled poorly last time.i did not get one...i'm a season ticket holder...they gave most away to the construction crews....and sold them first come first serve...st holder were supossed to get an early bird sale, but they just started sellin gto the long line of people, regardless of st status...get your facts straight
Gene

chidavid18
01-07-2005, 01:24 PM
I was like 2nd in line when they when on sale.

SOXintheBURGH
01-07-2005, 01:48 PM
When they tore down the old Pitt football stadium (they've been playing at Heinz Field for a few years now) following their last home game against Notre Dame, it was like a soccer riot in that place trying to get remnants of seating. I was almost scared for my life.

doogiec
01-07-2005, 07:50 PM
They will definitely be selling the blue seats. When they announced they were out of seats at the previous sale last year, they offered everyone a chance to put their name, phone, email etc on a list should other seats become available. I received an email from the White Sox on the same day as the green seat announcement was made promising me the chance to get a seat before they went on sale to the public.

JoseCanseco6969
01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
They will definitely be selling the blue seats. When they announced they were out of seats at the previous sale last year, they offered everyone a chance to put their name, phone, email etc on a list should other seats become available. I received an email from the White Sox on the same day as the green seat announcement was made promising me the chance to get a seat before they went on sale to the public. I hope they go on sale, my ticket rep said this to me today when i emailed her.

About the blue seats, we technically do not own the seats. They are
actually owned by the ISFA. So, we do not know if we are going to
receive any of them. ISFA might want to donate them to another
ballpark
in another country or something, who knows. I will let you know if I
hear anything about the seats!

munchman33
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
i did not get one...i'm a season ticket holder...they gave most away to the construction crews....and sold them first come first serve...st holder were supossed to get an early bird sale, but they just started sellin gto the long line of people, regardless of st status...get your facts straight
Gene
Exactly. I got hosed on that one too.

zach074
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
People complain about the blue seats now they want them for their homes.:?:

JoseCanseco6969
01-08-2005, 01:46 AM
People complain about the blue seats now they want them for their homes.:?:
Why the hell not? Its part of our history regardless of their color. Plus they should be much cheaper than the old comiskey ones.
Also, perfect to go with my orange Bears seats!

PaleHoseGeorge
01-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Why the hell not? Its part of our history regardless of their color. Plus they should be much cheaper than the old comiskey ones. Well assuming they keep two armrests per seat, plus a few multi-seat rows and the unintentional breakage from disassembling 40,000+ seats, you can expect a maximum supply of "blue seats" nearing 20,000 units.

:giangreco
"Be still my heart!"

Knowing the Sox, they'll withhold a large number of those and sell only a fraction of the total supply. Or perhaps the seats are re-sold to another ballpark? I guess it depends on who has ownership rights to the discarded seats, the Sox or the ISFA.

There would be a virtually limitless supply of seat parts, the seats and chairbacks. I'm sure those would be very cheap if the Sox bothered to sell them.

Nick@Nite
01-08-2005, 10:13 AM
People complain about the blue seats now they want them for their homes.:?:I can't figure out why anyone would want to buy them, regardless of the color. Why buy something that should be scrapped, pulverized and recycled? I guess I just don't get it.

kittle545feet
01-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Wait until you become a season ticket holder before you pass judgement on who gets hosed.:kneeslap::rolling::roflmao:

ewokpelts
01-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I can't figure out why anyone would want to buy them, regardless of the color. Why buy something that should be scrapped, pulverized and recycled? I guess I just don't get it.buying them , and the money going to charity, is better than recycling....actually...the act of the seat not meeting the trash can is recycling
Gene

AZChiSoxFan
01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Nice statement, care to share your source or info? I havent heard that they were for sale either though.He was told by ChiSoxTony who overheard it by listening in on KW's cellphone conversation at the airport.