PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under on 2005 SOX

Knucksie
01-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Wondering if anyone else "caught" (slight pun intended) this quote from KW in the Cubune regarding the AJ signing...

"[Pierzynski's] a winner and a hard-nosed guy. Maybe he rubbed some people the wrong way and he was misinterpreted, but we all will be a lot happier with 92 wins instead of 87."

Should this quote be taken that the team goal is 92 wins?

IF we were in Vegas and the over/under were 92 games right now (no ifs, ands or buts, thats the line!) where would you place your money? Would you be happy with 92 wins regardless of postseason appearance or results? Or, would you be happy with 87 wins and a division title and a chance at the postseason?

DannyCaterFan
01-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Although I agree with your thoughts, I think Kenny is saying that he believes it will take about 92 wins to win the central division. I'd have to agree with that assessment, but the Sox have to think larger and look towards advancing beyond that first round of playoffs.

Lip Man 1
01-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Considering the Sox have averaged 83 wins for the past seven years, 87 wins would be a good improvement let alone 92.

Lip

alohafri
01-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Would you be happy with 92 wins regardless of postseason appearance or results? Or, would you be happy with 87 wins and a division title and a chance at the postseason?
I would be happy with 3 wins if it would win the division!

SOXintheBURGH
01-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I honestly think this team can win 94-96 games this year. No teal or deep pink implied.

OG4LIFE
01-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Wondering if anyone else "caught" (slight pun intended) this quote from KW in the Cubune regarding the AJ signing...

"[Pierzynski's] a winner and a hard-nosed guy. Maybe he rubbed some people the wrong way and he was misinterpreted, but we all will be a lot happier with 92 wins instead of 87."

Should this quote be taken that the team goal is 92 wins?

IF we were in Vegas and the over/under were 92 games right now (no ifs, ands or buts, thats the line!) where would you place your money? Would you be happy with 92 wins regardless of postseason appearance or results? Or, would you be happy with 87 wins and a division title and a chance at the postseason?
myself, and probably anyone who isnt drinking white sox kool-aid will take the under on that. i would bet anywhere from 80-90 wins, and we won 90 games i would piss myself.