PDA

View Full Version : Lineups: Sox vs. Twins

MHOUSE
01-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Top to bottom I think we have a more proven lineup. The middle of the Twins order is younger with more potential (Mauer, Morneau), but without the MLB stats to back it up (Konerko, Dye, Thomas, A.J.). Also with the major holes a 3B and SS left by Koskie and Guzman, the bottom third of their order is extremely weak as it stands now. Aside from Joe Nathan and Johan Santana, their pitching staff doesn't have me too worried either. Go Sox in '05!

LF Pods
CF Rowand
DH Thomas/Everett
1B Paulie
RF Dye
C A.J.
SS Uribe
3B Crede
2B Harris

LF Stewart
RF Jones
CF Hunter
1B Morneau
DH Ford
C Mauer
3B Cuddyer/Tiffee?
SS Ojeda/Punto?
2B Rivas

Soxzilla
01-07-2005, 07:25 AM
When did the Twins re-sign Jacque Jones?

A.T. Money
01-07-2005, 07:29 AM
I finally looks like we have a better all-around balanced team.

FedEx227
01-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah they def. have a lot of question marks in their lineup, plus more potential then actual producers. Even though theres no question Mauer is going to be solid.

mike squires
01-07-2005, 08:10 AM
I think we have had a better line up than them in the past. The Twins were just more cosistent and at times looked as if they wanted it more. Hopefully we are more balanced this year. As good as the pitching staff looks it could easily be a huge weakness for us. If Hernandez isn't 100% healthy and falls apart, Garcia, Garland and Bheurlie all lost at least 10 games and Contrares is iffy as well. I don't mean to be pesimistic...it will be interesting though.

wsbaseball9
01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
this is definatley going to be an interesting series between us and twins, but more interesting is the fact that the tigers have a very good shot at snagging beltran, so really im more interested in theyre possible 05 lineup.

Jjav829
01-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Ugh, not this again. Repeat after me...

The Twins are the AL Central favorites until someone beats them.

You know one of those guys is going to jump up and play out of his mind. I don't know if Cuddyer is going to hit .300/30/90 or Ojeda will hit .330 or who will step up. But you know something will happen. Let's actually beat the Twins once before we start declaring ourselves the better team.

HomeFish
01-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Also with the major holes a 3B and SS left by Koskie and Guzman, the bottom third of their order is extremely weak as it stands now.

There is no such thing as a "hole" on the Twins. What happens is that one guy leaves, and then a guy comes up from the minors and hits .400.

Aside from Joe Nathan and Johan Santana, their pitching staff doesn't have me too worried either. Go Sox in '05!

Yes, aside from Cy Young and one of the most dominant closers in the game, nothing to worry about. Except not. Brad Radke is also formidable, and Carlos Silva might not be able to beat us, but he seems to fool everyone else.

SEALgep
01-07-2005, 08:31 AM

You know one of those guys is going to jump up and play out of his mind. I don't know if Cuddyer is going to hit .300/30/90 or Ojeda will hit .330 or who will step up. But you know something will happen. Let's actually beat the Twins once before we start declaring ourselves the better team.We are better than the Twins and are the AL Central favorites.:bandance:

Ol' No. 2
01-07-2005, 09:19 AM
We are better than the Twins and are the AL Central favorites.:bandance:On paper. We were better than the Twins on paper last year, too. And the year before. You don't play them on paper. I feel a lot better about this team's chances, but a lot of stuff can happen. One or two key injuries and the chances go right down the drain.

Randar68
01-07-2005, 10:06 AM
On paper. We were better than the Twins on paper last year, too. And the year before. You don't play them on paper. I feel a lot better about this team's chances, but a lot of stuff can happen. One or two key injuries and the chances go right down the drain.
2005 Chicago White Sox: Defending 3-time AL Central Paper Champions.

Flight #24
01-07-2005, 10:07 AM
This is probably the best Sox offseason since.....1994 when we signed Belle & Navarro (remember how excited we were at the time).

Actually, that just scared the crap out of me. But I still have a good feeling about this team!

fquaye149
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM

You know one of those guys is going to jump up and play out of his mind. I don't know if Cuddyer is going to hit .300/30/90 or Ojeda will hit .330 or who will step up. But you know something will happen. Let's actually beat the Twins once before we start declaring ourselves the better team.

exactly...so what this thread is saying is "we're the better team on paper"?

great.

Ol' No. 2
01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
exactly...so what this thread is saying is "we're the better team on paper"?

great.It's better than being worse on paper. I like their chances, but it's still just chances. You still have to play the games.

SoxxoS
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah they def. have a lot of question marks in their lineup, plus more potential then actual producers. Even though theres no question Mauer is going to be solid.
Yes there is...he has a chronic knee problem.

Yes, aside from Cy Young and one of the most dominant closers in the game, nothing to worry about. Except not. Brad Radke is also formidable, and Carlos Silva might not be able to beat us, but he seems to fool everyone else.

Brad Radke is more than formidable, especially against us.

PorkChopExpress
01-07-2005, 10:23 AM
I just hope this lineup can still provide us with one of those 11-0, 10-3 or 17-7 shellackings we handed the Twins last year. Those games were awesome. The remainder of the games I will settle for 4-2, 5-4, 3-0 victories.

Flight #24
01-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Yes there is...he has a chronic knee problem.

Brad Radke is more than formidable, especially against us.
Radke's a very good pitcher, but last year was arguably his best year ever. It's much more likely that he'll regress a bit than maintain that. IMO, while Santana's a lot better than anyone we have, Radke = Buehrle/Garcia. The Sox are much better 3-5 and the Twins at the #1 slot. Who does that give a better overall rotation to? You be the judge.

FightingBillini
01-07-2005, 10:25 AM
When did the Twins re-sign Jacque Jones?
They resigned him maybe a month ago, but they are in serious talks to trade him to the Cubs.