PDA

View Full Version : "Sox" Up or Down?

konerko1413
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
if this belongs in another spots then, mods, go right ahead and move it

what players do u think should wear their socks up this year and why?

i think crede, konerko, harris, and davis

crede and davis are for the same reason- both need a change, maybe the socks up would be a good luck charm

konerko- in 2000 he wore his socks up and it looked cool for him, besides 04, i think the 2000 konerko was the funnest to watch

harris- it seems to me that all of willies top plays in the field came while wearing his socks up, i say "dont try to fix it if its not broken"

Baby Fisk
01-07-2005, 11:16 AM
There should be some consistency in uniforms, as in other sports. Baseball uniforms have become increasingly sloppy and erratic over the years. Not just stirrups, which are worn High, Medium, Low, and Invisible these days. There are also buffoons like C.C. Sabathia, who wears his uniform like a clown suit, baggy as hell and his hat tilted at a jaunty angle (to show us how "cool" he is). I'm sure it will never happen, but there should be some guidelines for uniform and stirrups (either everyone wears them high, or low, or keep the pant legs all the way down to the shoes, whichever, just decide on a single standard and enforce it).

Clembasbal
01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
When I played, my coach told me that in order for scouts to think I am fast...that I needed to play with my socks up. Take it for what it is worth, but Konerko is slow.

Also, Ventrua used to play with his socks up to get himself out of a slump...it worked a lot but then he always went back to his regualr uniform.

RustyKuntz
01-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I just wish the White Sox actually wore white socks. I think it would look cool and give the Sox something unique.

01-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Wear them up...Old School

SSN721
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Should be worn high. Old school is the only way to go.

JKryl
01-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Should be worn high. Old school is the only way to go.
Absolutely, Konerko looks sloppy.

zach074
01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Why are we discussing actually socks?

Baby Fisk
01-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Why are we discussing actually socks?Fetishes are very personal and sometimes hard to explain to others.

MeanFish
01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I think it's a bit of a tick with some people because there's a whole image associated with guys who wear their socks up. In a weird baseball-ish sort of way, it's actually kind of intimidating. It does make a person appear faster as has been mentioned, and it also makes a person look more put together and ready to play.

soxnut
01-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Socks should ALWAYS be worn UP. That is a baseball UNIFORM. When they wear them down, it reminds me of middle aged women who wear those stretch pants because they can't fit into regular pants. It looks stupid.

tsamdog
01-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Baseball - UP

Softball - DOWN

Brian26
01-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Because it's January 7th and we have nothing else to talk about.