Rowand
Dye
Thomas? Injured as of now.
Konerko
AJ
Uribe
Crede
Harris

Guys, that is a decent line-up, but I think it's weaker then it has been in quite some time.

HomeFish
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
We also have guys named Konerko and Everett. I hear they occasionally get hits.

ilsox7
Posednik
Rowand
Dye
Pierzinski
Uribe
Gload
Crede
Harris

Guys, that is a decent line-up, but I think it's weaker then it has been in quite some time.
Did I miss a Konerko trade?

Risk
Posednik
Rowand
Dye
Pierzinski
Uribe
Gload
Crede
Harris

Uhhh...What about Konerko instead of Gload?

Risk

hold2dibber
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Posednik
Rowand
Dye
Pierzinski
Uribe
Gload
Crede
Harris

Uh, you forgot Paul Konerko - you know, the guy with 40+ homers and 110+ RBIs last year?
:)

Clement's beard
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I know. Pencil in Paul for Gload.

Clement's beard
01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Edited. I did not forget about Paul, just adding the lefty bat to the line-up. Now it looks better.

Tekijawa
01-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Konerko and Pierzynski with in 2 spots of each other has TRIPLE PLAY written all over it... You have to separate those two!

DaveIsHere
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Konerko and Pierzynski with in 2 spots of each other has TRIPLE PLAY written all over it... You have to separate those two!
With Konerko on First and AJ hitting a ground ball the defense would have time to go out to lunch before even starting the DP

Clement's beard
01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
With Konerko on First and AJ hitting a ground ball the defense would have time to go out to lunch before even starting the DP
LOL! Ok, so you flip Pierzinski and Uribe?

Tekijawa
01-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I could see a Second baseman sucking the ball up between 1st and second, turning and running to Second Base and then Running to First for the unassisted double play now!

ja1022
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Podsednik
Dye
Thomas
Konerko
Rowand
Uribe
Pierzynski
Crede
Harris
I would love to see Frank back in the three hole if, and it's a big if, he is healthy.

Ol' No. 2
01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
What do you think of batting Pierzynski 3rd until Thomas comes back? He doesn't walk much, but a decent BA, and you get the L-R-L-R-S-R thing going.

Podsednik
Rowand
Pierzynski
Konerko
Everett
Dye
Uribe
Crede
Harris

Mickster
01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Podsednik
Dye
Thomas
Konerko
Rowand
Uribe
Pierzynski
Crede
Harris
I would love to see Frank back in the three hole if, and it's a big if, he is healthy.
Flip Rowand and Dye and you have yourself a lineup.

S.S. Lumber Yard
01-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I am about to put a Twin fan in his place but I need a detailed list of our Bullpen, so far this is what I got:

Posednik
Rowand
Dye
Thomas
Konerko
AJ
Uribe
Crede
Harris

Buehrle
Garcia
El Duque
Jose Contreras
Jon Garland

Vizcaino
Marte
Shingo
?

Who am I missing?

Chisox003
01-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Flip Rowand and Dye and you have yourself a lineup.
Rowand is definitely #2, he just needs to learn how to bunt!!!

What I like most from this lineup is the balance....We dont have huge sluggers who swing for the fences every time (ahem Jose Valentin and his .215 avg--Feel that breeze?)...But for those who question the power on this team, with or without Frank, I still think the Sox can come close, if not surpass the 200 HR mark....

Podsednik 10 HRs
Rowand 25 HRs
Thomas 20 (?)
Konerko (40)
Dye (30)
Uribe (20)
Pierzynski (15)
Crede (25)
Harris (1?)

Plus Everett, who might hit 10....Thats more than enough pop to get where we need to be...

Im not big on HRs, I, like all Sox fans, just want more consistency...Think we got it?

OG4LIFE
01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
bullpen:
shingotime
marte
vizcaino
hermanson
politte
cotts
adkins

kinda hard to put a twins fan in his place when they've won the division 3 years in a row

bigbombs23
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
i dont feel sorry him at all, he never submitted his medical records to the whitesox, and he had his surgery done overseas. he turned into a big baby, good riddens.

lths06
01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I have to say I like this lineup a lot. With AJ, we finally have more ballance between power and "small ball" players. I think this has been a very good to great offseason. Well, except for the playpen in left.

anewman35
01-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, yes, but the pitching staff is stronger than it has been in quite some time.

FedEx227
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
kinda hard to put a twins fan in his place when they've won the division 3 years in a row
yeah not much we can say...all we have is a good team on paper, they got 3 titles to put us in our place...especially when we choked during 2 of those 3 years.

johnny_mostil
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Sheesh! How many times does it have to be pointed out. AJ's DP rate was inflated last year by batting being Barry "intentional walk" Bonds. Nobody else had somebody getting on base 60% of the time in front of him.

His DP rate every other season is actually normal.

johnny_mostil
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
bullpen:
shingotime
marte
vizcaino
hermanson
politte
cotts
adkins

They're getting smug about it, too

http://www.aarongleeman.com/

johnny_mostil
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I am about to put a Twin fan in his place but I need a detailed list of our Bullpen, so far this is what I got.
No, no, don't do that. Tell him/her:

"Gosh, Mr. (Mrs/Ms) Jabetcha, that sure is one nice ball club you have there. Can't see how there's any way they shouldn't be winnin' 105 to 115 games next season what with all that talent. Too bad about always losin' in the playoffs, if the team doesn't win the World Series, it's kind of like kissing your sister, isn't it? But maybe it is neat to be the Washington Generals to the Yankees. By the way, what do you call a team that always wins their division but can't get over the top, a "pygmy dynasty"?

Good luck to the Vikings, too; but don't they always choke too?"

chisoxmike
01-06-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it will go something like this...

Pre-Frank 2005
1. Podsednik CF
2. Rowand LF
3. Konerko 1B
4. Dye DH
5. AJ C
6. Uribe SS
7. Everett RF
8. Crede 3B
9. Harris 2B

When Frank comes back:
1. Podsednik CF
2. Rowand LF
3. Thomas DH
4. Konerko 1B
5. Dye RF
6. AJ C
7. Uribe SS
8. Crede 3B
9. Harris 2B

Nick@Nite
01-06-2005, 07:35 PM
I think it will go something like this...

Pre-Frank 2005
1. Podsednik CF
2. Rowand LF
3. Konerko 1B
4. Dye DH
5. AJ C
6. Uribe SS
7. Everett RF
8. Crede 3B
9. Harris 2B

When Frank comes back:
1. Podsednik CF
2. Rowand LF
3. Thomas DH
4. Konerko 1B
5. Dye RF
6. AJ C
7. Uribe SS
8. Crede 3B
9. Harris 2BI want Uribe batting in front of A.J. I believe this will maximize hit & run situations between Uribe/AJ. Also, if AJ's batting average gets back near .300, Uribe will see better pitches to hit.

RKMeibalane
01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
i dont feel sorry him at all, he never submitted his medical records to the whitesox, and he had his surgery done overseas. he turned into a big baby, good riddens.
Not another one of these.

Fake Chet Lemon
01-06-2005, 08:14 PM
I just think Rowand is going to be WAY too big a stud this year to bat second. Can't we agree on that? I'm not giving up on Willie Harris either. He can lay a bunt down, so how about starting Pods-Harris-Rowand at the top of the order? The #2 guy will be giving himself up a lot this year anyway if Pods can get it going. Gotta be the fastest starting 1-2-3 lineup in baseball.

buehrle4cy05
01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
This has gotta be the year for Crede. He's been batting around .230 for his whole career, this year will show if he will resemble Robin Ventura or Jose Valentin...

Nick@Nite
01-06-2005, 08:22 PM
This has gotta be the year for Crede. He's been batting around .230 for his whole career, this year will show if he will resemble Robin Ventura or Jose Valentin...
Hopefully Crede will resemble RV... and :welcome: .

chisox77
01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I hope Joe Crede can hit a ball like Robin Ventura. However, Crede would be wise to charge the mound a little better if he ever needs to (see below).

konerko1413
01-06-2005, 08:30 PM

G AB R H 2B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG
372 1290 166 330 68 52 189 77 210 .256 .304 .434

actually this is credes career stats

when u look at his career, i dont think he has done too bad for a young ball player, as was posted in another thread, i believe since the sox have failed 3 years in a row, the negatives are looked on alot more (that wasnt exactly how i wanted that worded but i coulnd get it right, u get the point)
i think crede can actually be called a positive, these stats are not bad at all for a 7,8,9 hitter in the AL, i never looked it up, but id like to see where he ranks with the other 7-9 hitters for the past 3 years

i know crede doesnt have alot of fans and i am probably gonna take a lot of harassment for sayin he was a positive but thats my opinion, i also take into consideration that he plays above average defense and has a very good arm, he has also shown to be valuable in the clutch