PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys, stop running on Diaz!

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 08:58 PM
He can throw and you will be out!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2001, 09:03 PM
Jerry's nephew had no business running in that situation anyway. Valentin's up, there is only one out and #3 hitter Carlos Lee is next. WE'RE LOSING, ROYCE!!!!

"Look ***hole, Uncle Jerry is going to take me for ice cream no matter how many times I hot dog it out there!"
:hitless

Bucktown
07-25-2001, 09:09 PM
That is exactly the situation where you should be running. CLee has hit into more than his share of double plays.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 09:10 PM
Jerry's nephew had no business running in that situation anyway. Valentin's up, there is only one out and #3 hitter Carlos Lee is next. WE'RE LOSING, ROYCE!!!!

Who in the hell do you think you are telling me what to do?
Have you ever played the game of baseball?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2001, 09:14 PM
Except it was Valentin at bat, not Lee. Sure, you want to avoid the double play, but we're down by more than one run. We need baserunners.

I dunno. I'm sure Jerry will say something in the post-game press conference about how he liked the effort by Royce in the fourth inning.

Then I'll go barf.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Then I'll go barf.

I've been barfing over Clayton all season. Remember that time against the Twins when he tried to test Torii Hunter's arm on that short fly ball hit be Lee?

That cost me my dinner.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 09:19 PM
:jon
At-least I am pitching well tonight.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 09:21 PM
I've been barfing over Clayton all season. Remember that time against the Twins when he tried to test Torii Hunter's arm on that short fly ball hit be Lee?

That was more of Wally's fault then Royce's.

I play defense.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but cmon.

He's got to be paying some attention to that. Hunter caught that ball about 20 feet from the infield.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2001, 09:34 PM
He's got to be paying some attention to that. Hunter caught that ball about 20 feet from the infield.

"My view was blocked. (I have an excuse for everything, chump. Don't mess with me!)"

"Royce, be more careful not to drip any of your cone on the upholstery of my car like last time."
:jerry

(That ol' man don't know nuthin'):hitless

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:48 PM
:reinsy
Yeah, Jerry. I'm not paying any more money to fix your damn car.

:jerry
You never have.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 09:52 PM
come on damnit!

oh man were ****ed he just got under a easy pitch to kill