PDA

View Full Version : Rick Sutcliffe

veeter
01-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Last year during a spring training game on ESPN this guy said, "...and the White Sox, a team with no talent wants to trade their best player, I don't get it." The player he meant was Mags during the Boston/A-Rod trade that never happened. I couldn't believe what I heard. This is a professional broadcaster?! Does he not like the Sox because of the Sox/ Cub thing? It's not his first derogatory towards the Sox either. I went to ESPN's sight to e-mail him but I couldn't. Did anyone else hear this? I loathe him and his Cub arrogance. I know he's with Seattle now but I know he's still a Cubbie at heart. I won't even eat Red Baron pizza anymore.

01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I often wonder what would have happened if that trade went thru, especailly after Maggs was hurt...Nomar doesn't get hurt in training and has a great year at SS...Uribe plays second, Harris goes to CF with Rowand in Right....

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I often wonder what would have happened if that trade went thru, especailly after Maggs was hurt...Nomar doesn't get hurt in training and has a great year at SS...Uribe plays second, Harris goes to CF with Rowand in Right....
Maggs got hurt because we Went CHEAP and put an inferior 2b out there.
If we had signed a Todd Walker, that doesnt happen. Maggs has a great
year, and takes our Offer. Uncle Jerry then Forces KW to unload Konerko, Lee, and Mark Buerhrle. Oh, mark it down, Buehrles last year
as a SOX is this year, because his "Dinner" Check is up, and Uncle Jerry
is going to make a Run for the "Kitchen" come October. and the Circle of Foolishness will be complete.

FightingBillini
01-06-2005, 03:37 PM
I never heard those comments before, but they enrage me. What an ignorant piece of crap. This man is paid to analyze baseball? I dont understand it, but I have to accept that moron Cubs fans believe Frank Thomas is some career minor leaguer. Even if you discount him, the team still had Buehrle, Carlos Lee, Marte and other very good players at the start of last year. How does a team with no talent and only one good player win 86 games in 03? This from the moron who was due to throw out the first pitch of the world series at the Urinal in 03. He said he was going to have Bartman on the mound with him. No matter what the moron Cubs fans, the moron Cubs media, and Jay Marriotti say, Cubs fans have in inferiority complex. They are brainwashed, and they are so offended that Sox fans dont accept their "bliss" of a urine soaked POS ballpark in the middle of Boystown and a team that tells its fans losing is adorable. They are so insanely jealous of the Sox that they take every opportunity to discredit them, including paying good money to attend games at the Cell just to boo. This jackass Sutcliffe is no different.

By the way, if I ever see him in real life, I promise everyone here that I will stab him in the eye with my White Sox house key.:cool:

Ol' No. 2
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
year, and takes our Offer. Uncle Jerry then Forces KW to unload Konerko, Lee, and Mark Buerhrle. Oh, mark it down, Buehrles last year
is going to make a Run for the "Kitchen" come October. and the Circle of Foolishness will be complete.That's pretty over the top, even for you, Hangar. Fact is, the collision was Maggs' fault. It's the job of the outfielder to call off the infielder. He didn't.

Palehose13
01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
That's pretty over the top, even for you, Hangar. Fact is, the collision was Maggs' fault. It's the job of the outfielder to call off the infielder. He didn't.
You beat me to it.

C'mon Hangar...basic baseball: the outfielder calls off the infielder. At least that's what I was taught as a middle infielder. :wink:

TaylorStSox
01-06-2005, 03:56 PM
is going to make a Run for the "Kitchen" come October. and the Circle of Foolishness will be complete.
Walker wouldn't have been in the play because he's too damn slow. So, I guess you're right, dubiously. :?:

Rocklive99
01-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I don't like him anymore, I heard him in a ST Cubs game or something and he was breaking down the AL Central and ripped us badly, I forgot the exact quote

PaulDrake
01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Rick Sutcliffe, SP 5th game 1984 NLCS. 'Nuff said.

Irishsox1
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
My advice to you is start drinking heavily.

hold2dibber
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Last year during a spring training game on ESPN this guy said, "...and the White Sox, a team with no talent wants to trade their best player, I don't get it." The player he meant was Mags during the Boston/A-Rod trade that never happened. I couldn't believe what I heard. This is a professional broadcaster?! Does he not like the Sox because of the Sox/ Cub thing? It's not his first derogatory towards the Sox either. I went to ESPN's sight to e-mail him but I couldn't. Did anyone else hear this? I loathe him and his Cub arrogance. I know he's with Seattle now but I know he's still a Cubbie at heart. I won't even eat Red Baron pizza anymore.
This thread wins the "out of left field" award! :D: What in the name of Sam Hill makes someone start a thread about a Rick Sutcliffe comments from 9 months ago? In any event - what a jag-bag. Even when not ripping the Sox, his color commentary is horrible and annoying.

NonetheLoaiza
01-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Sutcliffe is a terrible broadcaster. I get so bored hearing him on Baseball Tonight repeating the same thing over and over and over. I guess, once a Cub, always a Cub. The guy is bad.

MUsoxfan
01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
I wrote several emails to ESPN begging them to not let him do any White Sox games. He rips them whenever he gets the chance

Foulke29
01-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Anyone able to find that turd's e-mail address?

RKMeibalane
01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Sutcliffe hates the Sox. He's always ripping on Frank Thomas, saying that he's not a HOF'er, that the Sox don't care enough about winning. Does anyone remember the August 2003 against the Angels. This was the night that Frank hit two homers off of Jarod Washburn. Just prior to Frank's game-winner, Tony Graffanino led off the inning with the double, and Roberto Alomar sacrificed him to third. ESPN showed a clip of the Sox dugout, and Sutcliffe whined that the Sox "didn't have enough excitment." *** is that?

If Sutcliffe had been paying as close attention to the Sox that season as he claimed, he would have known that they had lost several games in the late innings, and so they didn't want to get too excited because they knew that the game wasn't over yet. I lost all respect for him after he made that comment. ESPN and Fox need to overhaul their baseball coverage teams. I can't you the number of times one of their announcers has made an incorrent statement about a particular team or player. It's annoying. These guys are paid to cover baseball, and they still can't get it right.

munchman33
01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Jeez Hangar, that deserves its own Roadhouse thread.

The only way to give any creedance to that is to say that if Walker's playing, his lack of range doesn't allow him to get anywhere near Maggs. In that sense, okay. But the rest of that is pretty ridiculous, IMHO.

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Jeez Hangar, that deserves its own Roadhouse thread.

The only way to give any creedance to that is to say that if Walker's playing, his lack of range doesn't allow him to get anywhere near Maggs. In that sense, okay. But the rest of that is pretty ridiculous, IMHO.
Its Maggs job to call off a badly positioned Willie. Who is to say Maggs called him off but Willie didnt listen? That play still makes me mad, because it helped ruin our season. In any case, I took a long look at MBuehrles
contract and I think we can safely say the SOX wont finish it out, it gets very expensive at the end, and this team has a history of unloading players when they get expensive.

LongLiveFisk
01-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Anyone able to find that turd's e-mail address?
You can e-mail him at ricksutcliffe@imadumbass.com