PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts .....

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
This incident occurred within the last couple of days, and I thought Id
Share with you, the Imbecility of Cub Fans.
Drinking a beer a young guy, wearing a Michigan Wolverines ski cap sits
next to me and I notice hes wearing the 1977 Navy Blue long sleeved shirt
with the Old Fashioned "CHICAGO" sewn on the front.
I Immediately know hes a White Sox fan and probably might know whether
we signed Pierzynski or not.

"What are you talking about, I hate the SOX."
"you hate the SOX? Why are you wearing the Old school White Sox shirt?"
"This isnt a SOX shirt, its an old school Cubs jersey"
(hangar laughs) "You realize thats a SOX jersey from 1977 right?"
"no way man, this is a cubs shirt, I got it at a sports shop across the street
from Wrigley" The "fan" then shows me the flubbie logo sewn on the left
sleeve.

I explain to him that hes been duped, that their logo and the CHICAGO script, exactly like the 1977 jersey, belongs to 2 different teams, and thats
just YET another example of the lovable losers trying to Steal something
that belongs to the South Side.
He says no way, the SOX never had uniforms like that, The SOX are just copying the Cubs because they
"Have more history and tradition" than the stupid south side.
I explain to him the SOX had weird jerseys exactly like that from 1976 to 1981
He says Im making it up .... but can tell hes now questioning himself.

I simply laugh.
Has anyone else seen Our 77 jersey being stolen like this?

TommyJohn
01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
This incident occurred within the last couple of days, and I thought Id
Share with you, the Imbecility of Cub Fans.
Drinking a beer a young guy, wearing a Michigan Wolverines ski cap sits
next to me and I notice hes wearing the 1977 Navy Blue long sleeved shirt
with the Old Fashioned "CHICAGO" sewn on the front.
I Immediately know hes a White Sox fan and probably might know whether
we signed Pierzynski or not.

"What are you talking about, I hate the SOX."
"you hate the SOX? Why are you wearing the Old school White Sox shirt?"
"This isnt a SOX shirt, its an old school Cubs jersey"
(hangar laughs) "You realize thats a SOX jersey from 1977 right?"
"no way man, this is a cubs shirt, I got it at a sports shop across the street
from Wrigley" The "fan" then shows me the flubbie logo sewn on the left
sleeve.

I explain to him that hes been duped, that their logo and the CHICAGO script, exactly like the 1977 jersey, belongs to 2 different teams, and thats
just YET another example of the lovable losers trying to Steal something
that belongs to the South Side.
He says no way, the SOX never had uniforms like that, The SOX are just copying the Cubs because they
"Have more history and tradition" than the stupid south side.

I simply laugh.
Has anyone else seen Our 77 jersey being stolen like this?
Hangar, where do you run into all these people?

idseer
01-06-2005, 11:00 AM
i thought cub crap was supposed to be in 'talking baseball' ... not the white sox clubhouse. :?:

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 11:08 AM
i thought cub crap was supposed to be in 'talking baseball' ... not the white sox clubhouse. :?:
I think its actually sox 77 jersey being ripped of by other team crap .....

voodoochile
01-06-2005, 11:09 AM
I think its actually sox 77 jersey being ripped of by other team crap .....
A matter for interpretation and one I disagree with, sorry, Hangar...:(:

Brian26
01-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Hangar-

You're not going to believe this....

That shirt is sold at Sports Authority and Galyans. I saw it a few months ago and thought about buying it. The tag on it indeed says it's a throwback CUBS jersey! I was blown away. I thought for sure it was a '77 Sox jersey. The tag said it was a Cubs jersey from the early 1900's.

True story. So, the guy is still an imbecile, but at least he was telling the truth. The shirt is sold in the stores AS a Cubs jersey.

OzzieBall
01-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Did you have to point out he was wearing a Michigan hat. Not all Wolverines are Flub-fans.

Go Blue, and Go Sox

HebrewHammer
01-06-2005, 11:15 AM
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kheldt/

It wasn't this guy was it?

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Did you have to point out he was wearing a Michigan hat. Not all Wolverines are Flub-fans.

Go Blue, and Go Sox
Sorry Ozz, I only pointed it out, because I have a strong feeling this
guy wasnt from Chicago :smile:

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Hangar-

You're not going to believe this....

That shirt is sold at Sports Authority and Galyans. I saw it a few months ago and thought about buying it. The tag on it indeed says it's a throwback CUBS jersey! I was blown away. I thought for sure it was a '77 Sox jersey. The tag said it was a Cubs jersey from the early 1900's.

True story. So, the guy is still an imbecile, but at least he was telling the truth. The shirt is sold in the stores AS a Cubs jersey.
Say, ive seen that jersey from the "1900's", it had that stupid bear logo
dragging a bat, not the Old-Time "CHICAGO" on the front.

Baby Fisk
01-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Say, ive seen that jersey from the "1900's", it had that stupid bear logo
dragging a bat, not the Old-Time "CHICAGO" on the front.Whatever that guy was wearing sounds like a bastardization of a Sox jersey. This is what Mitchell and Ness sells as a retro Cubs jersey from back in the day:

Cubs 1911 jersey (http://buy.mnnstore.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit)

Risk
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think the last thing that I would do is have my professional resume linked to a site that shows me dressed up as a clown.:rolleyes:

Risk

HebrewHammer
01-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the last thing that I would do is have my professional resume linked to a site that shows me dressed up as a clown.:rolleyes:

RiskThe resume hasn't been updated in over a year, I wonder why, I'm also not sure I'd brag about that GPA if I were him.

Nick@Nite
01-06-2005, 11:36 AM

Hey... it's been sometime since I've seen one of those "Cuba" jersey's. :roflmao:

Jerko
01-06-2005, 11:38 AM
The resume hasn't been updated in over a year, I wonder why, I'm also not sure I'd brag about that GPA if I were him.
Was the resume not updated or has this guy been unemployed since then? He would fit the the "cub fan with no job goes to Atlanta using mommy and daddy's money for a playoff game" sterotype.

Tekijawa
01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Is there any way we can spring for a wireless camera for Hangar and just attach a link to this site, I'd Pitch in! I always enjoy his cubs fan interactions and would like to be entertained in real time...

TDog
01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
The truth may be that Bill Veeck, intentionally or not, ripped off an early Cubs uniform style for his "return to tradition" in dumping the red pinstripes for the 1976 season. He used an old-style font and he similarities may have been coincidental. There are only so many ways to spell "Chicago." If I recall correctly, he said his wife designed the uniforms that were the scorn of the nation in the late 1970s. Oddly enough, Cubs fans were vocal in calling them ugly.

Practically, you have to wonder about a Cubs fan who would buy a jersey that looks just like an "ugly" jersey that a hated team wore just because an apparel company says his team wore it decades before he was born.

I wonder if the Cubs throwback jersey comes with shorts.

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
The truth may be that Bill Veeck, intentionally or not, ripped off an early Cubs uniform style for his "return to tradition" in dumping the red pinstripes for the 1976 season. He used an old-style font and he similarities may have been coincidental. There are only so many ways to spell "Chicago." If I recall correctly, he said his wife designed the uniforms that were the scorn of the nation in the late 1970s. Oddly enough, Cubs fans were vocal in calling them ugly.

Practically, you have to wonder about a Cubs fan who would buy a jersey that looks just like an "ugly" jersey that a hated team wore just because an apparel company says his team wore it decades before he was born.

I wonder if the Cubs throwback jersey comes with shorts.
Actually, I think Bill Veeck, Intentionally or Not, Ripped Off the Chicago American Giants jerseys of the Negro Leagues. It had the EXACT same
old-time print "CHICAGO" on the front (similar to what the RedSox have)
The Flubby jersey ive seen in history had block letters.

Baby Fisk
01-06-2005, 11:54 AM
The truth may be that Bill Veeck, intentionally or not, ripped off an early Cubs uniform style for his "return to tradition" in dumping the red pinstripes for the 1976 season. He used an old-style font and he similarities may have been coincidental. Veeck's design was based on the design of the Sox 1906 jerseys:

Cooperstown Sox 1906 jersey (https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/view_product.php?product=WHIVP17Q3&PHPSESSID=8c7c57d865be144f41cb9aa640aff8f3)

Sox Uniform Guide (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2104)

TDog
01-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Veeck's design was based on the design of the Sox 1906 jerseys.
So the Cubs in 1911 wore a uniform that resembled a team that beat them in the World Series five years earlier (and a team they were competing with for fan support). What does that say for a Cubs fan who wears a forgotten "throwback" jersey that looks like a scorned uniform of a hated team?

My initials are TC, but there's no way I'm going to wear a Twins cap.

Baby Fisk
01-06-2005, 12:12 PM
So the Cubs in 1911 wore a uniform that resembled a team that beat them in the World Series five years earlier (and a team they were competing with for fan support). What does that say for a Cubs fan who wears a forgotten "throwback" jersey that looks like a scorned uniform of a hated team?
Heh heh, words are not necessary. Only this: :rolleyes:

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 12:19 PM

Marketing people realize that this group of "fans" arent too bright, and will
spend any amount of $$$$ on anything as long as that loser logo is attached,
even if it means attaching themselves to other peoples history.

Why do you think I Keep Saying, they are the Dumbest Fans Ive ever Met?

gosox41
01-06-2005, 02:28 PM

What a dork.

Bob

ja1022
01-06-2005, 06:14 PM

Do you need a better reason than this to hate Cub fans??

HebrewHammer
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Do you need a better reason than this to hate Cub fans??Just show me one White Sox fan who would do something like this, just one and I'll buy a Billy Koch jersey and wear it around Wrigleyville for a weekend.

ja1022
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Just show me one White Sox fan who would do something like this, just one and I'll buy a Billy Koch jersey and wear it around Wrigleyville for a weekend.
If a Sox fan did that he'd be bludgeoned by normal Sox fans. What ever became of Andy the Clown?

The thing that blows me away about that Cub clown thing is.....that guy put it on the Internet himself.

SoxBoy14
01-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Thank you Hangar for entertaining me on a snowy cold day in early January. I too have run-ins with Cubs fans like this all the time. If I had a buck for every idiot Cubs fan I've had to give a verbal beat down to over Harry Caray and where the "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" tradition came from, I'd be a rich man. It's threads like this that make me most angry at JR. I pray hard that in my lifetime the Sox win the WS before the Flubs. Think how close those losers came to sticking it to us. Thanks Bartman. Iif the 2005 Sox could catch lightning in a bottle ala Florida Marlins or the Diamondbacks,I could die happy. Thanks again Hangar. Keep em coming.

robertks61
01-06-2005, 07:43 PM
According to the Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century book in front of me the White Sox road unis from 1902-1916 resemble the 1976-1981 jerseys. In 1914 the Cuba had a road gray jersey with the same old english lettering which continued through 1916. The Cuba resumed the old english lettering on the road jersey, gray in 1926-1932 then back in 1934-1936. The only early blue Cuba road jersey had the "C" with the little cubby bear holding a bat. Hanger wins!

FedEx227
01-06-2005, 08:27 PM
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kheldt/ (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/%7Ekheldt/)

that site is hilarious

look at the bottom of the site, when he actually decides to post his resume, proving my fact that Cubs fans don't have jobs/children/lives.

EDITED FOR EVEN FUNNIER DISCOVERY:

Not Found

The requested URL /~kheldt/Resumé.doc was not found on this server.

:woo-woo

C-Dawg
01-06-2005, 10:57 PM

Man I want to buy one of those jerseys - rip the Cub logo off of it - and get a new name sewed onto it... Maybe a nice Steve Stone perhaps? .... The burning smell you would notice would be the Cub fan's brain cells!

wsbaseball9
01-07-2005, 09:11 AM
this only further proves my theory that cubs fans are complete fools. i showed this thread to some cubs fans at my school and the denied that this story really happened. later i overheard that same bunch talking about how they could have maggs, beltran and sosa in their outfeild