PDA

View Full Version : Songs from the players?

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 07:48 PM
What songs do you think would be best for certain players when they come up to bat and why?

I like a section from "sweet home chicago" for big frank, because he has made a home here in chicago, he has had his chances to leave but he has made a career here in chicago

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 07:54 PM
or how about "born to run" for pods? no need to explain

Takatsufan
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
What about "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC for Shingo? Think of the intimidation factor.

zach074
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
umm what are you talking about?:?:

NonetheLoaiza
01-05-2005, 08:04 PM
What about "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC for Shingo? Think of the intimidation factor.
They already use Thunderstruck at the beginning of the games. Plus, I don't think it gets more intimidating than the gong and everyone on their feet.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
What about "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC for Shingo? Think of the intimidation factor.that would be cool, especially since he enters usually after it gets dark, they could try to do somethin where the stadium lights up like there was lightening, but thunderstruck is already the team song they play at the beginning of the game

zach074
01-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I never understood why they dont play back in black. It would make more sense to me.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 08:12 PM
I never understood why they dont play back in black. It would make more sense to me.
i thaught about that too, especially when we make the playoffs, 1st game at home, since the song talks about comin back from the dead

i also talked to one of my friends about y they dont use back in black and he said he didnt think it was a really good "get up on yur feet and cheer" song, i have to agree, i much rather get up if thunderstuck starts playin

zach074
01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
i thaught about that too, especially when we make the playoffs, 1st game at home, since the song talks about comin back from the dead

i also talked to one of my friends about y they dont use back in black and he said he didnt think it was a really good "get up on yur feet and cheer" song, i have to agree, i much rather get up if thunderstuck starts playin
That makes sense, its been so long i dont even remeber what thunderstruck sounds like.

oeo
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM

I agree, I don't think you can get up and cheer to it. Thunderstruck, for me at least, gets me so pumped up for the game, especially with a full house. It really gets the fans into the game and can use that to their advantage and score some early runs. Can't wait till next time I'm at the Cell :D:

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree, I don't think you can get up and cheer to it. Thunderstruck, for me at least, gets me so pumped up for the game, especially with a full house. It really gets the fans into the game and can use that to their advantage and score some early runs. Can't wait till next time I'm at the Cell :D:yeah, i didnt have thunderstruck on cd so i downloaded it and even though weve only used it for 1 season i cant help going through the starting line up just like the anouncer at comisky (i know its the cell now but it will always be comisky to me) i always liked how the climax is when rowand runs out, i cant explain it but listen to the song and you'll know which part i mean

RichFitztightly
01-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd say a good one is "For Whom the Bell Tolls" for Shingo, but instead of the bell, they could use the gong. I've also always thought the Jurassic Park theme song would be great for Carl Everett.

EDIT: "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is by Metallica

JUribe1989
01-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Here are all of the theme songs that were used in 2004 for players

White Sox Player Theme Songs

Aaron Rowand - Hit The Floor (Linkin Park)

Willie Harris - Roses (Outkast)

Paul Konerko - Crazy Train (Ozzy) and Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones)

Jermaine Dye - Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple)

Joe Crede - The Hardest Button to Button (White Stripes)

Frank Thomas - Yeah! (Usher)

Juan Uribe - Dirt Off Your Shoulder (Jay-Z)

Ben Davis - Lying From You (Linkin Park)

Luis Vizcaino - Louie Louie (Kingsmen)

Shingo Takatsu - Gong Song

Neal Cotts - St. Anger (Metallica)

Dustin Hermanson - Hells Bells (AC/DC)

Starting Lineups - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)

Home Run - Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye (Steam

JUribe1989
01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I forgot, they also played "Meant To Live" by Switchfoot for Ross Gload

FightingBillini
01-05-2005, 09:11 PM

Starting Lineups - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)Home Run - Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye (Steam
Ben Davis always came out to Kenny Chesney - Back Where I Come From. Great song, though it doesnt really get you pumped up to play baseball.

Most guys had several songs played for them througout the season. Rowand had them play different Linkin Park songs all the time, and Konerko had them rotate between Ozzie, Metallica, Pantera, and other metal bands.

zach074
01-05-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah, i didnt have thunderstruck on cd so i downloaded it and even though weve only used it for 1 season i cant help going through the starting line up just like the anouncer at comisky (i know its the cell now but it will always be comisky to me) i always liked how the climax is when rowand runs out, i cant explain it but listen to the song and you'll know which part i mean
Could you some how send me it?

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
how about "walk this way" for uribe, cuz he kinda plays his own game, the way he plays is indescribable besides hard and good, there is just somethin about watchin him that makes u think "what happened to mechanics?" (but i like it)

and since im kinda on an aerosmith high, what about "dude looks like a lady" when oppsing relief pitchers come into the game

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Could you some how send me it?
i dont know how, i use winmx though for downloading songs, its easy to use, if u know how to send songs tell me and ill try it

eastchicagosoxfan
01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
It's not for a player, but a situation: Under My Thumb when we're just kickin tail and nothing can slow us down.

popilius
01-05-2005, 09:37 PM
What about "Live and Let Die" for Jermaine Dye?

:rolleyes:

JUribe1989
01-05-2005, 09:40 PM
What about "Live and Let Die" for Jermaine Dye?

:rolleyes:
Or Die Another Day

NowBatting19
01-05-2005, 10:09 PM
I posted this last week in a thread, but "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar could work for Pods every once in a while....and Thunderstruck is my favorite song!!! Keep it rockin :Rocker:

Patrick134
01-05-2005, 10:11 PM
For Carl Everett. i'd recommend "Walk the Dinosaur" by Was not Was.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I posted this last week in a thread, but "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar could work for Pods every once in a while....and Thunderstruck is my favorite song!!! Keep it rockin :Rocker:
yeah i rememebr u sayin that, i was gonna say somethin but i didnt know where i heard it

Tekijawa
01-06-2005, 09:16 AM
"why Can't we be friends" AJ Perz.....ski

JKryl
01-06-2005, 09:22 AM
What about "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC for Shingo? Think of the intimidation factor. I'd rather hear, "I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese" for Shingo. :rolleyes:

CPditka
01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
How about "Slow Motion" for Shingo.... oh the irony.

seahawk037
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Another Paulie song is "March of the S.O.D." (S.O.D.)... I don't recall Blitzkrieg Bop, but I'm probably wrong.

PorkChopExpress
01-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I know they already play it for Scott Rolen in St. Louis, but "Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit for Rowand. It sounds a little like "Keep Rowand, Rowand, Rowand, Rowand..."

davenicholson
01-07-2005, 09:39 AM

Starting Lineups - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)

Home Run - Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye (Steam
Well, it's official, I'm old and out of touch. I've never heard of the vast majority of those songs nor bands! :o: