PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel we will do out west?

Takatsufan
01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
How do you feel we will do against teams from the AL West this year?

Soxzilla
01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Eh, I'm going to say decent ... because it looks like the Athletics won't be nearly as tough as they have been on us over the past few years. Then again, we could easily turn their youngsters into a bunch of Cy Hardens and Cy Blantons.

Seattle still looks like dog poo, so they get rid of Edgar and Olerud (Who does a great job killing us), and replaces them with a pair of hired guns, one coming off a career year and may not duplicate, the other having been injury prone. Apart from hitting a few more homeruns off us, I think we can deal with Seattle.

Texas has never been much of a difficult task for us, unless Judy is pitching. So I can't say I'm all that worried about them either.

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ... heh ... I think we will compete with them, we've usually been able to knock around their pitching, unfortunately they knock around our pitching as well, which hopefully won't be as much of a problem with this improved staff of ours.

I say we'll be fine.

doublem23
01-05-2005, 06:44 PM
It's way too early to tell.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
i voted decent- but even decent will be a huge improvement from what we usually do

RKMeibalane
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Bad. Bad. Bad.

samram
01-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Bad. Bad. Bad.
True.

01-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Well LAnaheim has the best team....Seattle has better hitting, but no pitching....Oakland lost there pitching...Texas is the team to watch, but still no pitching (I doubt Kenny Rogers can do it again)....we also get to play the Dodgers this year!

HITMEN OF 77
01-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I hope they beat the crud out of Peattle when I'm up there at the games.

NonetheLoaiza
01-05-2005, 08:12 PM
It's really really up in the air. We will see if Seattle improves on last year's extremely disappointing season with their acquisitions of Beltre and Sexson. It is also up in the air on how the A's will perform without 2 of their big 3. Texas, last year was a threat, but we will have to see if they repeat that performance, or if it was a fluke. Lastly, Anaheim is always a tough team, and they have a bruising lineup top to bottom. As of right now, its almost impossible to predict anything, it just depends on how each team rebounds from last year, or performs.

OEO Magglio
01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Well LAnaheim has the best team....Seattle has better hitting, but no pitching....Oakland lost there pitching...Texas is the team to watch, but still no pitching (I doubt Kenny Rogers can do it again)....we also get to play the Dodgers this year!
That's at the cell though. I agree that it's to early to tell what happens out there. We should be able to atleast compete out there this year, the team is very different then it has been and if it weren't for some of the departed we could have and should have split out in oakland last year. We played much better out on the west coast this year even though the wins weren't there, hopefully we'll be able to win some this year.

zach074
01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
How do you feel we will do against teams from the AL West this year?As long as we do better than the Bulls its good enough for me. We also dont have Kotch to walk in any game winning runs anymore.:)

batmanZoSo
01-05-2005, 09:25 PM
How do you feel we will do against teams from the AL West this year?
If our usual record is for instance, 2-12, I'll say we could easily go 5-9 or somewhere around there. Oakland has always been the worst and they're no longer good. Seattle still sucks and we really beat them last year only Koch blew a save or two against them. We play Texas tough, I never feared going into there.

I think this is really a key for us even though it's small portion of the season. There's no reason we can't win 3 or 4 more than usual over there and that's a huge difference if everything else works as usual. Do that and take care of the central a little better. Maybe now that the division is a little better they'll get up for those games.

Norberto7
01-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Given that no matter the players, manager, current record or streak, or intervention of God, the Sox have not been able to win on the West Coast, I'm sticking to an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude for winning those games. At least we've been assured we're not missing anything by not staying up late.

gobears1987
01-05-2005, 11:57 PM
We would've won 9 of 9 games against the Mariners, but Billy Koch blew 2 games. We also would've beaten Oakland once more if Koch didn't blow it. Freddy can beat the A's and Mariners without a problem

Nick@Nite
01-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Crappy. But I do hope I'm wrong.

LVSoxFan
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
This is a great question because it's the key to our season.

Everybody talks about the Twins, Twins, Twins--and as they should, but: we conquer the Twins, and what have we got? We're #1 in the Comedy Central. (Not to underestimate Cleveland and Detroit, who I think are going to have big years in '05).

Next to the 5th starter debacle, the other black hole last season (and in years past) was West--particularly Oakland. Holy ffin' &!^!%!--we could not win a game out that way to save our lives last year. Any momentum we built would suffer an inevitable collision with the West Coast Wall. So odd, in that we could seem to go toe-to-toe with Boston or NYY, but when we'd get to Oakland or Anaheim we'd get smoked.

If we can reverse this trend, I'm gonna be pretty excited about our chances. If not, I can tell you right now: forget it. Then again, we still have to worry about getting past the Twins.

Baby steps, right?

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 09:38 PM
We would've won 9 of 9 games against the Mariners, but Billy Koch blew 2 games. We also would've beaten Oakland once more if Koch didn't blow it. Freddy can beat the A's and Mariners without a problem

:reinsy "Yes GoBears, Koch blew a bunch of games and basically cost us the Division with his late-inning Pyrotechnics. But you Constantly overlook one Important Element here. LOOK AT THE MONEY WE SAVED!"