PDA

View Full Version : Complete Speculation: Trade Ideas?

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyone got a trade idea, that is actually a do-able trade for both teams involving the sox.

Mine would be to send adkins, big ben, and burke, to cleveland for v. martinez and minor league pitcher, what an upgradeto have the platoon at catcher to be martinez and aj

I know it will never happen but its fun to think up these types of senerios, anyone else got any ideas?

OEO Magglio
01-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Anyone got a trade idea, that is actually a do-able trade for both teams involving the sox.

That trade you proposed ain't do-able.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
That trade you proposed ain't do-able.thanks for yur great idea

kittle42
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM

Mine would be to send adkins, big ben, and burke, to cleveland for v. martinez and minor league pitcher, what an upgradeto have the platoon at catcher to be martinez and aj

I know it will never happen but its fun to think up these types of senerios, anyone else got any ideas?
I knew this thread was bad news the second I saw the title. Hmm, why not figure out how to trade our trash for a very good young player? Why can't KW do that?

Flight #24
01-05-2005, 03:55 PM

I know it will never happen but its fun to think up these types of senerios, anyone else got any ideas?Sure - send Contreras & Harris to the Cubs for Prior & Nomar. Then spin Nomar+Konerko to the Marlins for Cabrera & Beckett. Then trade Garland & Adkins for Brian Roberts & BJ Ryan.

Isn't this fun!:gulp:

Begin countdown to Roadhouse.....

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
This casts my idiotic and childish One Man Gang thread hijack in a more positive light.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
all i asked for was an idea for a do-able trade, if u dont like mine do u have a better idea?

Ol' No. 2
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
all i asked for was an idea for a do-able trade...And then proceeded to suggest one that wasn't.

Tekijawa
Mine would be to send adkins, big ben, and burke, to cleveland for v. martinez and minor league pitcher, what an upgradeto have the platoon at catcher to be martinez and ajI don't think the guy from India in my fantasy league would even agree to that trade, and he can't figure out why there aren't 11 guys on the field, and so many bases, what a foul ball is and why we can't score anywhere near 200 runs a game and he's always asking where the wickets are? *** is a Wicket?

kittle42
all i asked for was an idea for a do-able trade, if u dont like mine do u have a better idea?
I got the Mott's. Whaddya you got?

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:59 PM
so yur idea was?

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 03:59 PM
all i asked for was an idea for a do-able trade, if u dont like mine do u have a better idea? Yours is far from doable though. An cheap, young, AS catcher for a AAAA catcher, an overpaid defensive catcher, and a bottom of the bullpen type guy.

Tekijawa
01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
so yur idea was?
John Adkins for a PTBNL

Ol' No. 2
01-05-2005, 04:00 PM
so yur idea was?No more ridiculous threads with impossible trade suggestions.

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't think the guy from India in my fantasy league would even agree to that trade, and he can't figure out why there aren't 11 guys on the field, and so many bases, what a foul ball is and why we can't score anywhere near 200 runs a game. Haha, poor guy.:roflmao:

kittle42
01-05-2005, 04:01 PM
John Adkins for a PTBNL
This will be the most realistic trade scenario anyone on these boards ever comes up with.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Konerko for George Brett's old knee-high stirrups. Use the money saved to give everyone a wicked free iPod on opening day. Ozzie can wear the stirrups if he wants.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:05 PM
since i started posting i never saw one with a trade idea, the idea i had by this thread was not to have people evaluate mine, but to have people share theirs, mine was jsut an example of using the sox and another team, as u probably skipped i also said i knew the tarde wouldnt happen, it was just an example

bennyw41
01-05-2005, 04:06 PM
V Martinez is an allstar. Why would they trade him?

kittle42
01-05-2005, 04:07 PM
since i started posting i never saw one with a trade idea, the idea i had by this thread was not to have people evaluate mine, but to have people share theirs, mine was jsut an example of using the sox and another team, as u probably skipped i also said i knew the tarde wouldnt happen, it was just an example
But you asked for do-able trades. If you were just giving the example of the Sox and a hypothetical team switching players to let us know what this mysterious trading concept is...well, I think we all know what a "trade" encompasses.

eshunn2001
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Crede and Munoz to Tampa for Aubrey Huff. Tampa is trying to Unload his monsterous 3 million dollar salary. He hit .297 29 hr 102 rbi. Year before he was even Better.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
But you asked for do-able trades. If you were just giving the example of the Sox and a hypothetical team switching players to let us know what this mysterious trading concept is...well, I think we all know what a "trade" encompasses.
omg i didnt know the idea of posting was to act like little girls about what other people post, i dont care what u think of my post i just wanted to get other peoples ideas on a trade

bennyw41
01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
omg i didnt know the idea of posting was to act like little girls about what other people post, i dont care what u think of my post i just wanted to get other peoples ideas on a trade
That reads like double talk. Quit whining, you opened the thread, now deal with it.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:13 PM
u guys are the winers, u know what, i dont need this, if u get all yur satisfaction from tryin to just make other people mad thats yur problem

kittle42
01-05-2005, 04:14 PM
u guys are the winers
Is a winer one who drinks/makes wine?

bennyw41
01-05-2005, 04:15 PM
u guys are the winers, u know what, i dont need this, if u get all yur satisfaction from tryin to just make other people mad thats yur problem
Whiners, and take it easy, its a messageboard.

Drink one of these....

:gulp:

konerko1413
Is a winer one who drinks/makes wine?yeah i guess so, maybe the maker part, but a "wino" is the one who drinks wine

Baby Fisk
I'm late with this one but here goes...

[hangar script]

Trade Darrin Jackson to Milwaukee for
BOB UECKER. This man is the GREATEST
sportscaster in history, even greater than
the man who was driven from us if you believe the
CUBPOGANDA OF THE CUBUNE AND CUB-TIMES
AND CUB-ESPN down with the HORRIBLE
FUNDAMENTALS etc etc...

[/hangar script]

(with apologies to Hangar) :cool:

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
u guys are the winers, u know what, i dont need this, if u get all yur satisfaction from tryin to just make other people mad thats yur problem I don't get it. You posted a crazy trade idea which you said was doable, then got mad when people told you it isn't doable. Relax or come up with better ideas.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 04:20 PM

[hangar script]

FUNDAMENTALS etc etc...

[/hangar script]

(with apologies to Hangar) :cool:
Only the suggestion of the trade should be in teal. Uecker as we all know is indeed the greatest of all time.

ARoman27
Okay, Konerko1413 needs to calm down a little. It's a nice idea for a thread, these other people just can't be creative enough to come up with a workable trade.

I think it would be safe to say we would have to wait and see what happens with the offer we made to AJ Pierzynski and the possible offer to Tadahito Iguchi prior to making any rash trades.

Although if those signings do come true (fingers-crossed) then we obviously would have to open 2 spots on the 40-man roster. So what about this trade:

Trade Jon Adkins and Kevin Walker or Casey Rogowoski to Kansas City for Tony Graffanino. We open up on spot on the 40-man roster, plus add a very serviceable IF backup who has the abilitiy to play 2B, SS, and 3B.

We still need room for one more roster spot, SO we sell Joe Borchard to a Japanese Team where Borchard will most likely finely be able to hit a baseball. This would show good faith to Japanese teams enabling us bidding rights on any future Japanese stars coming to the US.

Ol' No. 2
OK. Someone has to do it.
:threadsucks:

rdivaldi
01-05-2005, 04:21 PM
I can't believe that this hasn't shown up yet....

:threadsucks

konerko1413
lol i am officially done with my own thread, its just not worth it to keep this conversation going

Baby Fisk
Only the suggestion of the trade should be in teal. Uecker as we all know is indeed the greatest of all time.You Uecker fans are nuts. Seriously. The man epitomizes losing. :cool:

rdivaldi
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Damn, beat me to it Ol' No.2

:bandance:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-05-2005, 04:23 PM

[hangar script]

FUNDAMENTALS etc etc...

[/hangar script]

(with apologies to Hangar) :cool: :rolling: That was executed perfectly!
Anyways, I don't know who we would trade to the Phillies, but I would love to see the Sox nab Placido Polanco because he accepted arbitration and now the Phillies have a log jam of infiedlers.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Okay, Konerko1413 needs to calm down a little. It's a nice idea for a thread, these other people just can't be creative enough to come up with a workable trade.

I think it would be safe to say we would have to wait and see what happens with the offer we made to AJ Pierzynski and the possible offer to Tadahito Iguchi prior to making any rash trades.

Although if those signings do come true (fingers-crossed) then we obviously would have to open 2 spots on the 40-man roster. So what about this trade:

Trade Jon Adkins and Kevin Walker or Casey Rogowoski to Kansas City for Tony Graffanino. We open up on spot on the 40-man roster, plus add a very serviceable IF backup who has the abilitiy to play 2B, SS, and 3B.

We still need room for one more roster spot, SO we sell Joe Borchard to a Japanese Team where Borchard will most likely finely be able to hit a baseball. This would show good faith to Japanese teams enabling us bidding rights on any future Japanese stars coming to the US.
i like this idea, i really like tony g, hated when we didnt resign him, hated it even more when he signed with the royals

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
You Uecker fans are nuts. Seriously. The man epitomizes losing. :cool:
That's more Selig than the Ueck. Now that the Selig's are out, the new owner will bring winning to the home team at Miller Park.

ja1022
01-05-2005, 04:37 PM
This thread is a lot like the Ashlee Simpson performance during half time of the Orange Bowl last night. Both were very funny when they weren't supposed to be.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
is there anywayto have a thread deleted?, cuz if there is my new idea is to delete this one

danimal81
01-05-2005, 05:25 PM
is there anywayto have a thread deleted?, cuz if there is my new idea is to delete this one
Sorry these guys are ripping your ill-advised thread.
They ain't got no love.
I would like my guy, Shawn Marion from the Suns...
How about Eddy Curry and Podsednik's girlfriend to the Sun's/D-Backs for Hillebrand, Marion and our draft pick back.
That chick is worth more than any PTBNL you'll ever find!!

:bandance:

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
i like this idea, i really like tony g, hated when we didnt resign him, hated it even more when he signed with the royals He was kind of KW's man, so I was really surprised when we lost him. Sometimes stuff does not work out. I wouldn't mind him back though. Another guy I have been a fan of from that Royals team is Desi Relaford. The guy played everywhere from 2B, SS, 3B, and CF. He isn't great, but I do like him. Too bad we couldn't have gotten him when he was a FA.