PDA

View Full Version : We need one of these guys


beausox
10-17-2001, 08:25 PM
We stunk it up the pooper when it came to baserunning this year. We need to fire Gary Pettis and bring in someone to teach guys like Durham and Rowand how to steal wihtour getting caught 50% of the time. We need a new coach.

We will also probably get rid of Singelton, he wants to start, and his stats show he deserves to.
To replace Chris we can keep Ramirez or try one of these options:

1.Rickey Henderson-willing to take a back-up roll, would put people in the seats. All-time stolen base king can play all three OF positions and the Padres has said he's been great with the young OFers.

2.Tim Raines-Former Sox, 41 years old, can still hit for an average in a back-up role and pinch run. Also can steal a base and show the young guys how.

Neither of these guys would cost to much and both would make a nice 5th OFer on a pennant winning team. We NEED one, but only one.

Daver
10-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by beausox

1.Rickey Henderson-willing to take a back-up roll, would put people in the seats. All-time stolen base king can play all three OF positions and the Padres has said he's been great with the young OFers.

2.Tim Raines-Former Sox, 41 years old, can still hit for an average in a back-up role and pinch run. Also can steal a base and show the young guys how.

Rickey Henderson is an Idiot,has been an Idiot,and will always be an Idiot.No way do I want him in a Sox uniform.

I would love to see the return of Tim Raines in uniform,
As a third base coach.

Bmr31
10-17-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by daver


Rickey Henderson is an Idiot,has been an Idiot,and will always be an Idiot.No way do I want him in a Sox uniform.

I would love to see the return of Tim Raines in uniform,
As a third base coach.



LOL!! ahhhhhhhh back to reality....

GASHWOUND
10-17-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by daver


Rickey Henderson is an Idiot,has been an Idiot,and will always be an Idiot.No way do I want him in a Sox uniform.

I would love to see the return of Tim Raines in uniform,
As a third base coach.

No Ricky!
And wouldn't you want Raines back as the first base coach?

Daver
10-17-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


No Ricky!
And wouldn't you want Raines back as the first base coach?

Either way,both the Sox base coaches stink.