PDA

View Full Version : Does the hand really matter?

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
How many of u put alot of stock in whether a player bats right handed or left handed?

i dont, in a video game it matters, in real life (and i realize some players stats will prove me wrong) right handed hitters see so many righthanded pitchers it doesnt really matter, i can se signing aj cuz he is a better hitter, but i cant see signing a player just becuz he is a left handed hitter. the sox had a righthanded lineup for four years and averaged 200+ homers each year,

i dont think think if we have an all right handed lineup we will be worse, but if the lefty is a better ball player SIGN HIM!

WhiteSoxNation
01-05-2005, 03:04 PM
It's "Handiness" and yes it does matter as i already told u....

certain pitches wont be as effective to a righty/lefty.

R vs R a righty curve ball is more effective since its breaking away. as a lefty it would come back over the plate.

IDK when has an R-R-R-R-R-R-R-L-R Line-up done anyhting.....except if that line-up was facing a lefty.... :D:

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
a good ball player who takes alot of BP should be able to handle any pitch, plus he should be able to work into a fastball count, i know this is in a realistic world but i just dont see how u can base a team on the ratio of lefty/righty batters, a team packed with righties that hit, is better than packing a team with righties that can hit and a few lefties for show

idseer
01-05-2005, 03:38 PM
lefties almost always do better against righty pitchers and righties against lefties.

take a look at almost every players stats vs lefties and righties then get back to me.