PDA

View Full Version : How many wins will THIS White Sox team have?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 02:29 PM
With news of the White Sox close to signing 2B Tadahito Iguchi and having a realistic shot (and probably the favorite; although whitesox.com called it an OUTSIDE shot :(: ) to sign A.J. Pierzynski, the team would seem to be very sharp on paper and probably the best we've seen in a while. I know neither of these is OFFICIAL, so let's play pretend and just give me your opinions assuming these two transactions have been made.

That being said, how many wins do you think this White Sox team will have in 2005, discounting injuries? Assume that the team remains mostly healthy, I'm trying to gage you're confidence in the current roster we have.

Here's the projected lineup;
1) Podsednik - LF
2) Iguchi - 2B
3) Thomas - DH
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Dye - RF
6) Rowand - CF
7) Uribe - SS
8) Pierzynski - C
9) Crede - 3B (I love seeing him hitting 9th, especially if he improves)

Projected rotation;
1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Hernandez
4) Contreras
5) Garland

Projected bullpen;
Marte
Politte
Hermanson
Vizcaino
Adkins
Cotts, Diaz, or Grilli
Takastu - CL

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
89-90. It's a better recipe for success than last year

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
173. :bandance:

munchman33
01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
11 postseason wins. And that's all that matters.

Palehose Pete
01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm still on my mid-afternoon coffee buzz, so I'm going to step out and say 97 wins. We lost alot of games due to our fifth starter problem last year and we seem to have fixed it. Our offense will be OK, I think, especially with Frank and Paulie in the middle of the lineup.

Let the ridiculing begin.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I voted 90-95, I think they will have 90 or 91 wins. That's assuming the team stays mostly healthy. I think the Twins will get the injury bug this year and hopefully it hits their starting rotation (PLEASE JOHAN SANTANA OUT FOR THE YEAR IN SPRING TRAINING!!!)

Palehose Pete
01-05-2005, 02:34 PM
11 postseason wins. And that's all that matters.

:bandance: Oh hell yeah.

MUsoxfan
I'm still on my mid-afternoon coffee buzz, so I'm going to step out and say 97 wins. We lost alot of games due to our fifth starter problem last year and we seem to have fixed it. Our offense will be OK, I think, especially with Frank and Paulie in the middle of the lineup.

Let the ridiculing begin.
97 is a bunch, but it's not utterly ridiculous. I personally love the lineup, rotation, and back end of the bullpen much more than last year's.

gosox41
With news of the White Sox close to signing 2B Tadahito Iguchi and having a realistic shot (and probably the favorite; although whitesox.com called it an OUTSIDE shot :(: ) to sign A.J. Pierzynski, the team would seem to be very sharp on paper and probably the best we've seen in a while. I know neither of these is OFFICIAL, so let's play pretend and just give me your opinions assuming these two transactions have been made.

That being said, how many wins do you think this White Sox team will have in 2005, discounting injuries? Assume that the team remains mostly healthy, I'm trying to gage you're confidence in the current roster we have.

1) Podsednik - LF
2) Iguchi - 2B
3) Thomas - DH
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Dye - RF
6) Rowand - CF
7) Uribe - SS
8) Pierzynski - C

Projected rotation;
1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Hernandez
4) Contreras
5) Garland

Projected bullpen;
Marte
Politte
Hermanson
Vizcaino
Adkins
Cotts, Diaz, or Grilli
Takastu - CL

91. But if Ditka were coach, they'd easily go 162-0. If Ditka played SS, we're talking World Champs.

Bob

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
91. But if Ditka were coach, they'd easily go 162-0. If Ditka played SS, we're talking World Champs.

Bob

162 + 11 post-season = 173! :bandance:

mdep524
01-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Though none of that is official, the team you have there WSF84 is exactly what I am keeping my fingers crossed for in '05. I suggested the exact same batting order you have there. So if that happens, I will be very happy with the offseason. In terms of number of wins, I would say that would be a 90-win team, probably a Ben Sheets away from being a World Series team.

eshunn2001
01-05-2005, 02:40 PM

Bob

And mini Ditka at catcher, For pure Dominance.

Frater Perdurabo
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm excited about this team but I don't quite think they have 90+ win potential. I hope they prove me wrong, though. In any case, 88 or 89 wins should be enough to win the Central this year. That may not seem like much, but it's a significant improvement over the 83-win average of late.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
And mini Ditka at catcher, For pure Dominance.
Imagine all the walks he'd draw with his mini-Ditka stance

duke of dorwood
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
88 if we sign them-the division is improved

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
in the regular season i dont see them winning over 90 games unless thoma gets back before may 1st, i see them taking first but with less than 90 wins unless they have thomas for 5 outta 6 months

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Imagine all the walks he'd draw with his mini-Ditka stanceThen hire the One Man Gang as bench coach so he can yell at opposing players. The disruption and carnage would be unprecedented.

ARoman27
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
1) Podsednik - LF
2) Iguchi - 2B
3) Thomas - DH
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Dye - RF
6) Rowand - CF
7) Uribe - SS
8) Pierzynski - C

[/QUOTE]
Revise that lineup:
CF Podsednik
2B Iguchi
DH Thomas/Everett
1B Konerko
RF Dye
C Pierzynski
LF Rowand
3B Crede
SS Uribe

Having Uribe rollover the lineup will be much healthier.

Pierzynski's nice average, nice OBP and left-handed stick is much needed near the middle of the order. In the 6th-spot he should work well. Lets not forget he hit 5th for the Giants last year and racked up 77RBIs.

Ol' No. 2
01-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm not at all sold on Pierzynski. A catcher's main job is to work with the pitchers, and I don't believe that the problems reported in SF are overblown or likely to be corrected. That said, if we did have him, I'd bat him higher than 8th. I'd want the LH bat right behind Dye.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Then hire the One Man Gang as bench coach so he can yell at opposing players. The disruption and carnage would be unprecedented.
Wow....that's a name from the past.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow....that's a name from the past.I'm waiting to see who wins the image-posting race. :cool:

Whitesox029
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM

Where does the news say that the Sox are close to signing Iguchi? Have you a link of which I am not aware? (I didn't get to the newspaper this morning)

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Though none of that is official, the team you have there WSF84 is exactly what I am keeping my fingers crossed for in '05. I suggested the exact same batting order you have there. So if that happens, I will be very happy with the offseason. In terms of number of wins, I would say that would be a 90-win team, probably a Ben Sheets away from being a World Series team.That's so funny how we had the same exact lineup in mind AND we both seem to have the same wish (Ben Sheets). I'd love KW to give up Garland AND the farm for him if we are in first place in July. Go for it all KW!

Chisox003
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
IF everyone stays healthy, and thats a big IF, then I can definitely see them winning 90-95...But that means get Frank back to Big Frank sooner rather than later, El Duque staying healthy, Dye playing a full season (I assume he will), and not catching a fluke injury bug.....It should be a great season IF everything goes according to plan....Meaning for most Sox fans, the 2005 season is over since we already know half the team will be on the DL by the All Star Break....

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Where does the news say that the Sox are close to signing Iguchi? Have you a link of which I am not aware? (I didn't get to the newspaper this morning)
http://newyorkpost.com/sports/yankees/37824.htm
last paragraph

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 03:03 PM
This image?

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesO/onemangang.jpg

Welcome the One Man Gang as the newest bench coach for your Chicago White Sox!

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
This image?

Welcome the One Man Gang as the newest bench coach for your Chicago White Sox!That's our boy! :cheers:

oeo
01-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I voted 90-95, I think they will have 90 or 91 wins. That's assuming the team stays mostly healthy. I think the Twins will get the injury bug this year and hopefully it hits their starting rotation (PLEASE JOHAN SANTANA OUT FOR THE YEAR IN SPRING TRAINING!!!) How can you wish injury upon someone? Maybe it's just me, but I could never do that, no matter how good, how much we play them or whatever. Oh and 93 wins :D:

WhiteSoxFan84
Why not Jeff Hardy?

:jeffhardy

He's OBVIOUSLY a Sox fan. And besides, he needs a new gig, TNA just ain't doing it.

eshunn2001
Then hire the One Man Gang as bench coach so he can yell at opposing players. The disruption and carnage would be unprecedented.
Is he still alive??

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
How can you wish injury upon someone? Maybe it's just me, but I could never do that, no matter how good, how much we play them or whatever. Oh and 93 wins :D:
I do it, but I'm admittidly a very selfish individual when it comes to certain things.....and White Sox baseball is one of those things

Chisox003
01-05-2005, 03:10 PM
How can you wish injury upon someone? Maybe it's just me, but I could never do that, no matter how good, how much we play them or whatever. Oh and 93 wins :D:
I agree....I'd rather beat them at full strength anyway, that way they have no excuses!

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 03:11 PM
I didn't mean to walk into your perfect world but this is sports, this is competion. I want a winner and I want a winner by any means neccessary. You think the Twins felt bad for us last year when Magglio and Frank went down or when we couldn't find a 5th starter to throw 1 scoreless inning? Hell no. Behind the scenes they were laughing their asses off saying THANK YOU!

Two years ago Steve Kline and Mark Prior went at it, publicly, to the point where one wished a line drive hit the other in the face.

If I could have it my way, I'd prefer we win the division square and fair with both teams healthy, and win the division by 10 games. But, looking back at the last 3 years, no matter how good the team looks in the offseason, we've been outdone. I'm sick of that. I'm praying for a healthy and successful Sox season and an injury plagued and a sub-.500 Twins season.

And as for the 93 wins you predict, :cheers: to that my friend.

Am I the only one that just can not wait to get out to the ballpark? WoW, WHY CAN'T APRIL BE THE 2ND MONTH OF THE YEAR???

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I didn't mean to walk into your perfect world but this is sports, this is competion. I want a winner and I want a winner by any means neccessary. You think the Twins felt bad for us last year when Magglio and Frank went down or when we couldn't find a 5th starter to throw 1 scoreless inning? Hell no. Behind the scenes they were laughing their asses off saying THANK YOU!

Two years ago Steve Kline and Mark Prior went at it, publicly, to the point where one wished a line drive hit the other in the face.

If I could have it my way, I'd prefer we win the division square and fair with both teams healthy, and win the division by 10 games. But, looking back at the last 3 years, no matter how good the team looks in the offseason, we've been outdone. I'm sick of that. I'm praying for a healthy and successful Sox season and an injury plagued and a sub-.500 Twins season.

And as for the 93 wins you predict, :cheers: to that my friend.

Am I the only one that just can not wait to get out to the ballpark? WoW, WHY CAN'T APRIL BE THE 2ND MONTH OF THE YEAR???
i agree, i rather win dirty than lose graciously, we will win either way but if it takes garcia to throw at hunter three times and pick him off three (that was great, what a way to be welcomed into the rivalry for freddy) then so be it, as for getting the season started, i cant wait for it, this site is the only thing keepin me goin, and MVP baseball 2004, i cant wait to start playin myself though

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 03:26 PM
i agree, i rather win dirty than lose graciously, we will win either way but if it takes garcia to throw at hunter three times and pick him off three (that was great, what a way to be welcomed into the rivalry for freddy) then so be it, as for getting the season started, i cant wait for it, this site is the only thing keepin me goin, and MVP baseball 2004, i cant wait to start playin myself though
First of all, I'd own ANYBODY in MVP, as long as I get the Cardinals or White Sox. But the Cards defense is just SICK in that game.

Second, you made me think about something. Friday April 8th, Jose Contreras (if he's our # 4; White Sox website has him as our # 3, Garland as our # 4, and Hernandez as our 5 :?: ) vs. the Twins. Bottom of 1st, Torii Hunter comes upto to bat, Contreras just DRILLS him (and I HOPE A.J. is catching this game for the Sox, wwwooowww!). Hunter stares Contreras down, starts walking towards him, talking smack pointing the bat at Jose, all of a sudden, A.J. gets infront of him and SHOVES him, doesn't hold him back, SHOVES him. Benches clear, HUGE brawl, we get a few suspensions but who cares, it's early in the season and what a tone setting event this would be! Our 2005 motto would instantly be, "2005 Chicago White Sox; We Ain't Taking S*** From Nobody". We'd do this during the Twins Home Opener, win the game, win the series that weekend, and go to Cleveland with the Bad Boys rep.

I know I'm going to get a lot of posters bashing me for this post but man, if it were to spark a fire, burn baby burn!

OEO Magglio
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
If both of them are signed(I still have my doubts that either will be signed) then I think this team can win 95, no joke.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Friday April 8th, Jose Contreras (if he's our # 4; White Sox website has him as our # 3, Garland as our # 4, and Hernandez as our 5 :?: ) vs. the Twins. Bottom of 1st, Torii Hunter comes upto to bat, Contreras just DRILLS him (and I HOPE A.J. is catching this game for the Sox, wwwooowww!). Hunter stares Contreras down, starts walking towards him, talking smack pointing the bat at Jose, all of a sudden, A.J. gets infront of him and SHOVES him, doesn't hold him back, SHOVES him. Benches clear, HUGE brawl, we get a few suspensions but who cares, it's early in the season and what a tone setting event this would be! Our 2005 motto would instantly be, "2005 Chicago White Sox; We Ain't Taking S*** From Nobody". We'd do this during the Twins Home Opener, win the game, win the series that weekend, and go to Cleveland with the Bad Boys rep.

I know I'm going to get a lot of posters bashing me for this post but man, if it were to spark a fire, burn baby burn!What role do you envision being played by the One Man Gang in this fracas?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 03:42 PM
I see him powerslamming Ron Gardenhire and putting him in the hospital for a day or two. However, the impact is so severe that Gardenhire is ordered by his doctor's (who are Sox fans) not to put his body under any stress for 2-3 years, meaning he can't manage for 2-3 years.

Terry Mulholland takes over as player/coach.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 03:45 PM
What role do you envision being played by the One Man Gang in this fracas?
If it were up to me....I'd have the One Man Gang take the lineup card out and then have him bitchslap Gardenhire across the face. The umpire would be so terrified of Gang (as his friends call him) that he wouldn't throw him out of the game. I'm not sure what his role would be from there.

He's like a skinny David Wells

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Have we officially ruined this thread yet?

"I'M out of order? YOU'RE out of order! This WHOLE DAMN THREAD'S out of order! The Mods oughta take a FLAME THROWER to this thread!" [lapsing into incoherent Pacino-isms]

zach074
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
What ever is enough to win the division is how many they will get.

cburns
01-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Personally I like to remember the One Man Gang as Akeem the African Dream.. ya know one half of the Twin Towers, with the Big Bossman...managed by Slick, who I would like to see maybe as bench coach.

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Personally I like to remember the One Man Gang as Akeem the African Dream.. ya know one half of the Twin Towers, with the Big Bossman...managed by Slick, who I would like to see maybe as bench coach.
I like Slick more as a 3B coach.

sullythered
01-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Somewhere in the 88-92 win range. We also have a team that seems to be more conducive (sp?) to playoff success. Pitching and smallball.

Lip Man 1
01-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Can't buck what the Sox numbers have been for the past seven seasons... 83 wins (again...)

Lip

Mickster
01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Can't buck what the Sox numbers have been for the past seven seasons... 83 wins (again...)

Lip
If we could only sign that dreaded fifth starter.....

cburns
01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Only if he can wear his "slick" suits while coaching third...otherwise it just wouldnt be the same.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-05-2005, 07:08 PM
90 plus wins is realistic------if everyone is relatively healthy. The line-up can produce, it must avoid the shut-down slumps of last year. It is now designed to do so. I like the speed with Pods and Willie too. Concerning the pitching, the ex-Yanks have to come through. The five starters are all very capable of getting 15 wins apiece, although it is a bit of a stretch for Garland. The pen is strong. Shingo has to prove last year was no fluke. And Hurt has to be healthy and happy. A happy Hurt is batting .300+ with 100 rbi's. If he carries this team, as he's capable, he could go out on top.

chisox77
01-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I voted 90-95 wins - in fact, I feel the Pale Hose will go 93-69. It will be a solid season on the south side. This team could actually succeed in the post-season as well. I do like this line-up. If it works out, KW will be baseball executive of the year, which is not a stretch for a man with guts and passion. His ambition and drive will pay off soon for White Sox fans.

chisox77
01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Pale Hose will go 93-69. It will be a solid season on the south side. A division title, green seats, fundamentals section in left field, funnel cake, italian beef, frozen margaritas, churros? WHITE SOX BASEBALL: GRINDERS!!

Nick@Nite
01-05-2005, 10:49 PM
IF everyone stays healthy, and thats a big IF, then I can definitely see them winning 90-95...But that means get Frank back to Big Frank sooner rather than later, El Duque staying healthy, Dye playing a full season (I assume he will), and not catching a fluke injury bug.....It should be a great season IF everything goes according to planYup... and for me, I'll add NOT mailing in west coast road trips.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Now "this White Sox Team" Is The Real Thing! I Love It! Go Sox!

santo=dorf
01-24-2005, 10:26 PM

1) Podsednik - LF
2) Iguchi - 2B
3) Thomas - DH
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Dye - RF
6) Rowand - CF
7) Uribe - SS
8) Pierzynski - C

Projected rotation;
1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Hernandez
4) Contreras
5) Garland

Projected bullpen;
Marte
Politte
Hermanson
Vizcaino
Adkins
Cotts, Diaz, or Grilli
Takastu - CL

:cleo

"Call WhiteSoxFan84 now for your free reading."

WhiteSoxFan84
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
:cleo

"Call WhiteSoxFan84 now for your free reading."

Thank you darrling!

OG4LIFE
01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Thank you darrling!

get out of here. whitesoxfan84 is really ChiSoxTony's mystery cousin!!

guillen4life13
01-24-2005, 10:42 PM
This thread is pretty hilarious. I like it!

An early season brawl would be great... provided it gives a bigger spark to the Sox than the Twins. But really, it would be better if the Twins start it with some of their stupidity (I just wanna see Torii Hunter try to come in hard at home plate... not enough to hurt A.J., but enough to piss him off). Then A.J. mouths off at Torii, Torii says something out of line, and A.J. throws a punch, and that's the tonesetter for your 2005 White Sox.

ma-gaga
01-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Then A.J. mouths off at Torii, Torii says something out of line, and A.J. throws a punch, and that's the tonesetter for your 2005 White Sox.

Like this? Just change the uniforms a little...

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/jeffmshaw/varitek_a-rod.jpg

Dadawg_77
01-25-2005, 10:12 AM
The Sox Pythagorean Win total will fall in the range 81-85 wins. The actuall record will be +-5 from there. So 90-76 wins, yeah I know that is one hell of a range.

longshot7
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM

and Mr. Fuji at 1B coach, with Bobby "The Brain" coaching the bench.

ja1022
01-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking of a number between 80 and 100.........

zach074
01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
90 wins is way more possible now, with no more gaping holes.

Tragg
01-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll go with 90; where that gets us, I don't know.

Those Twins - they look crappy on paper to me; I saw them play in Seattle last year and they were awful; Offerman was their DH (Offerman!); old man Mullholand was their starting pitcher! Offerman and Mullholland can lead a team to a division?

Inexplicably, the answer is yes. I don't know how, but they win a ton of games.
Hopefully, fewer than we do.

MRKARNO
01-25-2005, 10:36 PM
93-95 Wins I think

OEO Magglio
01-25-2005, 10:40 PM
The Sox Pythagorean Win total will fall in the range 81-85 wins. The actuall record will be +-5 from there. So 90-76 wins, yeah I know that is one hell of a range.
Cmon dawg haven't you realized by now with the sox that the pythagorean is a bunch of crap??

FightingBillini
01-25-2005, 11:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9712/18/farley.obit.3/sports.fan.lg.jpg"Daah. I'm gunna say, Da Sox will go 162-0, wit a team ERA of tree point oh. Big Frank will set a record going 8 for 8 with 7 homers and a triple in a game against the Twins. Frank will hit .800 and hit 94 homers. In da playoffs, 11-0."

Seriously though, I will say 94 wins.

santo=dorf
01-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Cmon dawg haven't you realized by now with the sox that the pythagorean is a bunch of crap??

:fobbgod:
"Dont listen to them DaDawg! The projections never lie!"

OEO Magglio
01-25-2005, 11:17 PM
:fobbgod:
"Dont listen to them DaDawg! The projections never lie!"
Ha Santo, I'm not trying to start another billy war here cause I think everyone has had enough of those, I just think by now the sox and twins over the past couple of years have proven that system to be total bs.

santo=dorf
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Ha Santo, I'm not trying to start another billy war here cause I think everyone has had enough of those, I just think by now the sox and twins over the past couple of years have proven that system to be total bs.

I agree 100%, and the excuse is "if they defy the pythagorean theorem, it has to be luck." :rolleyes:

HomeFish
01-25-2005, 11:28 PM
I'd say the team is good for about 75-80 wins. The pitching is better than it has been for a while, but I think each and every one of our starters, with the possible exception of Freddy, is overrated, and I think that once you factor in not only the loss of Lee and Magglio, but also the fact that Crede is terrible and the fact that Uribe and Rowand are coming off career years, you start to see that this team will have a hard time scoring.

If Iguchi posts anything close to his Japan numbers, the amount of wins may go up. I'm not counting on it, though.

santo=dorf
01-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I'd say the team is good for about 75-80 wins. The pitching is better than it has been for a while, but I think each and every one of our starters, with the possible exception of Freddy, is overrated, and I think that once you factor in not only the loss of Lee and Magglio, but also the fact that Crede is terrible and the fact that Uribe and Rowand are coming off career years, you start to see that this team will have a hard time scoring.

If Iguchi posts anything close to his Japan numbers, the amount of wins may go up. I'm not counting on it, though.

:rolleyes:
:chickenlittle
:whatever:

How do you know Rowand and Uribe had "career years," and not "breakout years?"

ja1022
01-26-2005, 09:45 AM

Buehrle is overrated? C'mon. Uribe and Rowand are way to early in their careers to have had career years. Geez. Take another valium.

Dadawg_77
01-26-2005, 10:01 AM

No, it shows given the runs allowed and scored this is what you would expect a teams win loss record to be. It doesn't get it perfect but gives you an idea where it should be. Historical numbers still back the Pythagorean theorem of baseball, a couple teams in a couple years doesn't change that. What is crap is people pulling numbers out of their asses without any real backing for it.

Dadawg_77
01-26-2005, 10:02 AM

Well it is amazing that all anti-intellectuals can come up with is some reference to Beane.

santo=dorf
01-26-2005, 10:09 AM
What is crap is people pulling numbers out of their asses without any real backing for it.

Kinda like the people who compare ERA of relievers' to other relievers' by using a method that takes in account both starting pitchers' ERAs and relief pitchers' ERA's only to say ERA isn't that great of a method to compare relief pitchers. :rolleyes:

Care to explain why Vizcaino will have a bad year next year again?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-26-2005, 02:32 PM

...........I'm frickin speechless Mini Me! You're telling me last year's team, which was minus Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez, and a 5th starter, a team that was forced to use Mike Jackson in the pen and Ben Davis behind the plate, was better than the team we will see this year? You my friend, are out of your mind. At the minimum, even with a few injuries, I think this team will win 85 games. At the min. If all goes well and injuries are limited, this team has the potential of a 95-game winner. Just look at the number of victories we can get out of the AL Central;

13-6 vs. Detriot
13-6 vs. KC
11-8 vs. Minnesota
11-8 vs. Cleveland

48-28 vs. the AL Central is more than a fair assumption. To get to 90 wins we'd need to go 42-44 outside our division. I think that's VERY possible as well. To get to 95 wins we'd need to go 47-39 outside our division. Again, that is very possible as well.