PDA

View Full Version : Josh Fields

downstater
01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
First timer here, just wondering if anybody knows if Josh Fields is playing winter ball and if he is how is he doing?

OG4LIFE
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
im not sure- but generally posts about minor leaguers go in the 'minor observations' forum.

welcome aboard!

DumpJerry
01-05-2005, 05:09 PM
:welcome:

Foulke29
01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Glad to have ya on new guy.

JUribe1989
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Welcome! :)

DumpJerry
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Aren't we helpful with our answers to your question?

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
The only Sox players playing in winter league that I could find were Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz, Tetsu Yofu, and Frank Campos, all pitchers.

P.S.
Welcome aboard! :redneck

DrCrawdad
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
The only Sox players playing in winter league that I could find were Felix Diaz, Arnie Munoz, Tetsu Yofu, and Frank Campos, all pitchers.

P.S.
Welcome aboard! :redneck

How are these guys doing?

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 06:30 PM
I see nothing on the 3B Josh Fields, but the P Josh Fields pitched in Venezuela. Here is how everyone in winter ball did, per EasyW's blog via Soxtalk:

Puerto Rican League:
Jose Santiago (P - Carolina Giants) went 2-3, with a 3.39 ERA in 58 IP, gave up 67 hits and 17 walks while striking out 24.

Andres Torres (OF - Mayaguez Indians) batted .248 in 37 games with a homer, 12 RBI 17 walks, and 11 stolen bases, but he struck out 26 times. Only committed one error.

Andy Gonzalez (SS - Ponce Lions) committed a team-high nine errors. Batted .245 in 37 games with 2 homers, 7 RBI and 6 stolen bases. He sturck out 22 times.

Chris Amador (2B - Atenienses de Marati) got 12 at bats and hit .083.

Ryan Meaux (P - Caguas) pitched 15 games in a relief role, going 0-1 with a 2.29 ERA. In 19 IP, he gave up 1 homer and 8 walks, while striking out 10.

Dominican Republic League:
Felix Diaz ( Tigres Del Licey) was 0-1 with a 4.58 ERA, giving up 25 hits in 17 IP while striking out 7.

Arnie Munoz (P - Aguilas Del Cibao) was 1-1 with a 1.50 ERA in 12 IP. He also recorded 12 Ks.

Venezuelan League:
Eduardo Villacis (P - Caracas Leones) was 1-2 with a 5.08 ERA in 28 IP. He gave up 35 hits and 11 walks, and struck out 19.

Josh Fields (P - Occidente Pastora) didn't get much work the last few weeks of the year. HE finishes up 0-2 with a 10.38 ERA in 4 1/3 IP.

Mexican League:
Frank Campos (P - Mazatlan Deer) was 7-2 in 14 starts posting a 3.29 ERA in 76 2/3 IP, walking only 27 while striking out 77. Good job Frank.

Tetsu Yofu (P -Guasave Cottoners) was 5-3 with a 4.07 ERA in 55 IP, giving up 8 homers and 36 walks while striking out 46.
Link (http://southsideadventures.blogspot.com/2005/01/winter-league-roundup.html)

MUsoxfan
01-05-2005, 06:33 PM
You forgot Borchard, who was cut by the freaking Mexican Pacific League

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 06:35 PM
You forgot Borchard, who was cut by the freaking Mexican Pacific League I didn't write it. Also, I think we can all agree that the less Joe B. we see and hear about, the better.:rolleyes:

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 06:41 PM
You forgot Borchard, who was cut by the freaking Mexican Pacific LeagueI dont know if u ment this as a very negative comment but Scott Merkin (the guy from the whitesox.com mailbag) said not to put much stock i the fact he was cut cuz since they only play for like 2 months, they cut people every week, they dont give players time to get outta slumps, i looked for the article but i couldnt find it online

I don like borchard, but he does seem to have the potential to become a 5-tool outfielder, even beltran took a few years to gain superstar status, he hits very good in the minors, i wonder how long (if all) it will take him to start shining

SuperSteve
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I dont know if u ment this as a very negative comment but Scott Merkin (the guy from the whitesox.com mailbag said not to put much stock i the fact he was cut cuz since they only play for like 2 months, they cut people every week, they dont give players time to get outta slumps, i looked for the article but i couldnt find it online I remember hearing that the Mexican League has more breaking stuff than some of the other leagues, and guess what Borchard cannot hit? FWIW, I could see it, but who knows what the deal really is.

CleeFan101
01-05-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah his supposed big weakness was the changeup and thats what the mexican league is known for so regardless if he got cut or not it was some good experiance for him seeing all them change ups.... you all wait and see LTP will come through in the clutch :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

SoxxoS
01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah his supposed big weakness was the changeup and thats what the mexican league is known for so regardless if he got cut or not it was some good experiance for him seeing all them change ups.... you all wait and see LTP will come through in the clutch :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
And we will be looking forward to that...

downstater
01-06-2005, 01:00 AM
I just hope that Fields ends up as good as that other third baseman from OK. State. I don't have a lot of confidence in Crede.

SuperSteve
01-06-2005, 02:10 AM
I just hope that Fields ends up as good as that other third baseman from OK. State. I don't have a lot of confidence in Crede. If he becomes as good as Robin, we'd be in for a treat.

SoxFanTillDeath
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
I dont know if u ment this as a very negative comment but Scott Merkin (the guy from the whitesox.com mailbag) said not to put much stock i the fact he was cut cuz since they only play for like 2 months, they cut people every week, they dont give players time to get outta slumps, i looked for the article but i couldnt find it online

I don like borchard, but he does seem to have the potential to become a 5-tool outfielder, even beltran took a few years to gain superstar status, he hits very good in the minors, i wonder how long (if all) it will take him to start shining

It is a sad, sick day when we are comparing Joe Borchard to Carlos Beltran. I'm gonna go be sick now...

A. Cavatica
01-06-2005, 11:50 AM
It is a sad, sick day when we are comparing Joe Borchard to Carlos Beltran. I'm gonna go be sick now...
I agree, apples & oranges. Beltran was much younger when he broke in. Based on age, Borchard's pretty close to his career peak right now.

DrCrawdad
01-06-2005, 12:05 PM
...Borchard's pretty close to his career peak right now.

http://www.paintingsbydavid.com/pepomintweb200.jpg

diamondkings29
02-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Just think how cool it would be to have both Josh Fields of the White Sox to be at the MLB level at the same time!!! I am sure it would give stats folks something to spin about!

charlotteknights
02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Went to a media luncheon this week and Nick Leyva was there talking about the triple A team this year. There were two concensus about Borchard: 1: if he doesn't have a good spring training, he more than likely will be traded out of spring training 2: no one thinks he will have a good spring. He also said that the phenom will be Pedro Lopez at short stop and they will more than likely play Burke at third. Jorge Tocca is supposed to play first. He feels that his team will will the playoffs this year since Chicago has pretty good talent and won't need to pull as many players up as in the past. It will be interesting to see what of this comes to past. He also said that Sweeney should be here too.

Randar68
02-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Went to a media luncheon this week and Nick Leyva was there talking about the triple A team this year. There were two concensus about Borchard: 1: if he doesn't have a good spring training, he more than likely will be traded out of spring training 2: no one thinks he will have a good spring. He also said that the phenom will be Pedro Lopez at short stop and they will more than likely play Burke at third. Jorge Tocca is supposed to play first. He feels that his team will will the playoffs this year since Chicago has pretty good talent and won't need to pull as many players up as in the past. It will be interesting to see what of this comes to past. He also said that Sweeney should be here too.

Well, Sweeney won't start at AAA and I'd be pretty shocked if Lopez didn't play the first half of the season in Birmingham either.

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Went to a media luncheon this week and Nick Leyva was there talking about the triple A team this year. There were two concensus about Borchard: 1: if he doesn't have a good spring training, he more than likely will be traded out of spring training 2: no one thinks he will have a good spring. He also said that the phenom will be Pedro Lopez at short stop and they will more than likely play Burke at third. Jorge Tocca is supposed to play first. He feels that his team will will the playoffs this year since Chicago has pretty good talent and won't need to pull as many players up as in the past. It will be interesting to see what of this comes to past. He also said that Sweeney should be here too.Trade Willie and Borchard to Arizona for Cintron and a prospect?

ChiSoxRowand
02-17-2005, 07:47 PM
If Fields lights it up in Birmingham in Charlotte early in the year, with how fast some of these college kids are making the big leagues these days, I wouldn't hesitate to bring him up if Crede struggles.

JKryl
02-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Just think how cool it would be to have both Josh Fields of the White Sox to be at the MLB level at the same time!!! I am sure it would give stats folks something to spin about!

What do you mean? We can't find one of the two now. That's what started this thread.:D:

JKryl
02-18-2005, 09:36 AM
First timer here, just wondering if anybody knows if Josh Fields is playing winter ball and if he is how is he doing?

Welcome to well meaning chaos. I think the farthest a thread went and remained on subject was no more than 10 posts. Of course, this post isn't helping much either, is it?:D:

Randar68
02-18-2005, 10:52 AM
If Fields lights it up in Birmingham in Charlotte early in the year, with how fast some of these college kids are making the big leagues these days, I wouldn't hesitate to bring him up if Crede struggles.

I don't think they'll accelerate him at that rate. He's got a lot of work still to be done on the defensive side of things and at each level he is going to initially struggle with the K's...