PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Dodgers a Premier Game???

Tekijawa
01-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I predict that with the inflated prices for this game that this might be one of the lowest turn outs of the year? Is it just because it's Uncle Jerry's boy hood team? I can't think of anyone who I would actually pay extra to see on that team...

duke of dorwood
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Because the owner grew up a Dodger fan in NY

ARoman27
You don't think people will be standing in line to see Jose Valentin?

Baby Fisk
The Dodgers make their grand return to Chicago for the first time since 1959!

fledgedrallycap
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
The Dodgers make their grand return to Chicago for the first time since 1959!
That shouldn't be in teal...that is probably the legitimate reasoning.

FightingBillini
01-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, interleague play generally draws more fans. The stadium will be packed because this is the first time we have played the Dodgers in Chicago since 1959. For many fans it will have a world series feel to it. It's like revenge 46 years later. Plus, there are always lots of douchebags who wear LA hats and think its cool to be a Dodgers fan although they live in Chicago, and have never been to LA, and they will certainly go to the game.

soxnut
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I would have to say it's because of the '59 Series. I'd like to go one of those games. I'm probably one of the few fans who doesn't care about going to watch "certain players", I'm there to watch a team game, not individuals.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
That shouldn't be in teal...that is probably the legitimate reasoning.Heh heh, the teal was a riff on the northsiders, who are acting like 2005 is the first time the Red Sox have ever been to Chicago. :rolleyes:

Tekijawa
01-05-2005, 02:02 PM
. I'm probably one of the few fans who doesn't care about going to watch "certain players", I'm there to watch a team game, not individuals.I like watching good pitchers... I'd spring for an extra $5 to see a Clemens, Johnson, and now Santana pitch no matter who they played for...

I probably shouldn't post this, because I'm sure my former ticket agent is thinking, "Wow, what a great idea charge more for who's pitching too, I got to get this idea to the boss!" Then they would probably require a 20% deposit on 4 other games to see Johnson pitch.

soxnut
01-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I like watching good pitchers... I'd spring for an extra $5 to see a Clemens, Johnson, and now Santana pitch no matter who they played for...

I probably shouldn't post this, because I'm sure my former ticket agent is thinking, "Wow, what a great idea charge more for who's pitching too, I got to get this idea to the boss!" Then they would probably require a 20% deposit on 4 other games to see Johnson pitch.

Uh yeah, don't give these guys any more bright ideas.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 02:34 PM
How about "Half Price Jon Garland Games"?

gosox41
01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Well, interleague play generally draws more fans. The stadium will be packed because this is the first time we have played the Dodgers in Chicago since 1959. For many fans it will have a world series feel to it. It's like revenge 46 years later. Plus, there are always lots of douchebags who wear LA hats and think its cool to be a Dodgers fan although they live in Chicago, and have never been to LA, and they will certainly go to the game.
On a slightly different subject, it would be cool if they did a 'Turn Back the Clock' night and worse the same style uniforms from 1959.

Bob

Mickster
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
On a slightly different subject, it would be cool if they did a 'Turn Back the Clock' night and worse the same style uniforms from 1959.

BobBrooks was asked about turn back the clock nights at a 2004 Q & A session. He said that they are generally very successful but that there were none planned in '04 before his arrival and there was no time during the remainder of his '04 tenure to get it done. I'm certain that we'll see at least 1 turn back the clock game in '05. Shorts anyone? :D:

santo=dorf
01-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I recall hearing that the Sox were planning on wearing the Red Pin Stripes jersey at least once during the 2005 season.

eshunn2001
01-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Could be Because the Dodgers were 2nd in attendance last year. And they are not at the cell that often. But seriously, The game probably will not sell out even on a regular basis, why it would be a preimere game is beyond me

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I recall hearing that the Sox were planning on wearing the Red Pin Stripes jersey at least once during the 2005 season.Can anyone confirm or deny this?

JKryl
01-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Could be Because the Dodgers were 2nd in attendance last year. And they are not at the cell that often. But seriously, The game probably will not sell out even on a regular basis, why it would be a preimere game is beyond me
They're a big name team, go greed won out. Maybe if no one shows up at any of the "premium" games , they'll revert to the one price system next year.

It worked for Sports Channel. Too bad it took 10 years. And, how about that $16 parking?

santo=dorf
01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I searched for it, and all I found was this post http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=397621&postcount=4

I believe Brooks mentioned it in a press release or in an interview right after he got the job last year.

Baby Fisk
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I searched for it, and all I found was this post http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=397621&postcount=4

I believe Brooks mentioned it in a press release or in an interview right after he got the job last year.Oh great, now we're relying on message boards for information. Face, here comes egg! :cool:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Two words.....

EL GAGNE!

And oh yeh, it's the return of..............

:manos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOSEEE!! JOSE, JOSE, JOSE!! JOOOSSEEEE!

The 3-game series will be like a huge welcome back party. DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS WON'T BE THERE???

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Two words.....

EL GAGNE!

The 3-game series will be like a huge welcome back party. DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS WON'T BE THERE???
ill be there so i can officially boo jose and not be going against my white sox fan morals

pinwheels3530
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

A while back I e mailed Brook about wearing the 59 uniforms for the Dodger series, he replied that the Sox have already put in a request to MLB so they can get permission to wear the uniforms. He mentioned the MLB rules only allows for the team to wear it during one game not the whole weekend.

mantis1212
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Two words.....

EL GAGNE!

I for one will be giving Jose a big cheer for his big return. Even if he hit .200 for us last year, he gave us some great games and great memories for 4 years...

NonetheLoaiza
01-05-2005, 08:55 PM
ill be there so i can officially boo jose and not be going against my white sox fan moralsI am going to cheer for him. He did alot for this club in 2000, and for most of his tenure with us. He was a pretty classy player. Unfortunately, he didn't get much done for us last year, and to an extent the year before. He doesn't deserve to get booed.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
he never showed any signs of tryin to improve last year, he kept a big long swing and was gettin burned on off speed pitches low and heat up and it, not only did he keep swinging for the fence he never made an statements about tryin to fix it,he also was horrible in the field, anyone remember the game vs the angels when he dropped the foul ball pop up and it opened the game for the angels?

zach074
01-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe they didn't hear about Robin retiring before they made that decision?:D:

NonetheLoaiza
01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
he never showed any signs of tryin to improve last year, he kept a big long swing and was gettin burned on off speed pitches low and heat up and it, not only did he keep swinging for the fence he never made an statements about tryin to fix it,he also was horrible in the field, anyone remember the game vs the angels when he dropped the foul ball pop up and it opened the game for the angels?
Well, what was he going to do? Put out a press release every week to let us know what he was doing to adjust his swing? I'm not going to boo him because he had a bad last year with us. For me, his contributions were way more positive than negative.

Chisox_cali
01-05-2005, 09:20 PM
He mentioned the MLB rules only allows for the team to wear it during one game not the whole weekend.
That's strange because I think in '02 the A's wore throwback jerseys for what seemed like weeks. I guess they got permission, or that rule wasn't in effect or something.

konerko1413
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, what was he going to do? Put out a press release every week to let us know what he was doing to adjust his swing? I'm not going to boo him because he had a bad last year with us. For me, his contributions were way more positive than negative.
its just my opinion, thats all, i didnt like the guy, pretty much from the begining, i consider myself a baseball purist and he just didnt fit the shortstop characteristics i liked, i think he will be a much better third basemen, the only time i ever really liked him was when we had royce clayton at short and he played third

soxwon
01-05-2005, 09:45 PM
it will be a sellout because of THE RETURN OF JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE!!!!

valentin

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 01:29 PM
:reinsy "Why is the Dodgers Series a Premium Series you ask?
So I can get another WING added to my place, thats Why! "

WhiteSoxFan84
01-06-2005, 01:43 PM
So if he catches that foul ball we win turn around and win the division? I highly doubt it. Our downfall was that 5th starter and major injuries. He wasn't our biggest problem and he wasn't our only problem defensively. Let's not forget how great he was in the clubhouse. He was our captain.