PDA

View Full Version : Total Speculation: Tomorrow or Thursday

bigredrudy
01-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I do not have any knowledge but my guess is that we will be hearing something either tomorrow or Thursday if there are going to be any signings. I am referring, of course, to AJ and Iguchi. My guess is that Bud Selig told everyone not to announce signings on the day that the HOF inductees were announced. and, of course, that was today. KW said that matters would be wrapped up by the end of this week and thus I have to believe the time is getting close.

konerko1413
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
anyone know what teams are officially talking to aj? cuz kenny said he wasnt gonna bid for him so its his offer or nothing, i wanna know what other teams (money-wise) are lookin at him

BRDSR
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I do not have any knowledge but my guess is that we will be hearing something either tomorrow or Thursday if there are going to be any signings. I am referring, of course, to AJ and Iguchi. My guess is that Bud Selig told everyone not to announce signings on the day that the HOF inductees were announced. and, of course, that was today. KW said that matters would be wrapped up by the end of this week and thus I have to believe the time is getting close.
When did he say that? Not that I dont' think he said that, I just never heard it. Anyway, it would make sense to have the team more or less complete prior to SoxFest.

Daver
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
MLB has no affiliation with the Baseball HOF in Cooperstown, and no say in how they conduct their hall, I highly doubt Bud would issue a gag order in their favor.

delben91
01-04-2005, 08:52 PM
When did he say that? Not that I dont' think he said that, I just never heard it. Anyway, it would make sense to have the team more or less complete prior to SoxFest.
He said it here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-041230sox,1,4247471.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines).

If you aren't registered with the tribune, the last line of the article is as follows...

Both the Pierzynski and Iguchi situations are likely to be resolved within the next week. Williams has said barring anything unexpected, he will have the team he plans on taking to spring training in place by the end of the first week of January.

Rocklive99
01-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Let's change our name to the Japanese White Sox of Chicago to attract Iguchi

popilius
01-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Let's change our name to the Japanese White Sox of Chicago to attract Iguchi
:D:

DaveIsHere
01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Is bigredrudy, ChiSOxTony in disguise????:o:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Is bigredrudy, ChiSOxTony in disguise????:o: Nah...he never claimed to have an inside source like ChiSoxTony did. This post did bring up a pretty interesting point because KW did mention he was planning on having his team set by the end of the first week of January, and we're already approaching it.

beckett21
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
My guess is that the team is already set.

I hope I'm wrong.

ewokpelts
01-05-2005, 12:01 AM
MLB has no affiliation with the Baseball HOF in Cooperstown, and no say in how they conduct their hall, I highly doubt Bud would issue a gag order in their favor.they do...did you read any other news on mlb.com that wasnt posted before 11 am tuesday? It's done out of respect for the new hofers.....remember the outrage over rose selling his book, i mean admiting his gambling ways on hof announcement day?

Gene

PicktoCLick72
01-05-2005, 03:14 AM
My cousin who works in Selig's office tells me that the deals are worked out and only need approval for both AJ and also a new five year extension for Southpaw.

hose
01-05-2005, 07:12 AM
The conductor on the train told me that he heard from the porter who heard from the taxi cab driver that heard from a baggage handler at O'Hare that Kenny's friend is flying in from Oakland.

Oakland ....hmmmm , something is up.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
GUYS YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

My cousin was at Midway applying for a janitorial position. As he was walking by the terminals, he saw Kenny Williams. He didn't notice him at first until a bunch of Cub fans tried to attack him. So my cousin, being the proud Sox fan he is who can bench 450 pounds, walked up to the guys and told them to step back because they don't know him like that. The Cub fans, being what most Cub fans are, pansies, walked away. KW was so graceful that he told my cousin a secret. This is EXACTLY what KW said, "Iguchi will sign on Saturday around 12:30 PM, and A.J. will sign next week, probably Tuesday, early in the morning".