PDA

View Full Version : 1917 Front page

TheArmyOfNeems
01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Ive been looking for this online everywhere but i dont think i can find it. Can any one find online the front page of the sun times when the sox won the world series? Doesnt it say "Sox take pennant..City goes wild?" If any of you can find it i would greatly appreciate it.
-TAON

TommyJohn
01-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Ive been looking for this online everywhere but i dont think i can find it. Can any one find online the front page of the sun times when the sox won the world series? Doesnt it say "Sox take pennant..City goes wild?" If any of you can find it i would greatly appreciate it.
-TAON
The Sun-Times didn't exist in 1917. You may be thinking of the headline after
they won the pennant in 1959.

TheArmyOfNeems
01-03-2005, 11:32 PM
The Sun-Times didn't exist in 1917. You may be thinking of the headline after
they won the pennant in 1959.ohh right yeah thats the one....any one got it?

Lip Man 1
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Actually the headline says:

Relax Of Course They Won: SOX TAKE FLAG (with a color picture of Al Lopez in the dugout)

I have the newspaper from that day plus I framed the front page for posterity.

Lip

Medford Bobby
01-04-2005, 05:12 PM
:smile: I remember they had a huge blow up of that front page at the Old Comiskey walk up bar...they should re-do that again...as a kid those headlines seemed like a hundred year ago history (1959!)

:rolleyes: I do have a front page section of Opening Day 1960 from the Sun Times...both front and back had feel the 60 Sox were going to repeat for a title again..........I know my Dad does not even know I have this for my archives....