PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Where Maggs will go?

BRDSR
01-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Haven't heard much of anything out of Boras or Maggs or interested teams. Out of some sick, slightly masochistic tendency of mine, I'm extremely interested in where Maggs plays (or gets paid to be injured) next year. Theres no doubt in my mind he'll get a contract before spring training but with whom and for how much? Has he still not worked out for anyone? The longer Maggs goes unsigned, the smarter the White Sox organization looks. I get the feeling that his delay isn't like the Beltran delay, where every day he waits he secures an extra million or so in his pocket. I get the feeling that every day he waits, Maggs is losing millions and looking less attractive to possible suitors. Anyone have any news on the Maggs front?

SuperSteve
01-03-2005, 07:55 PM
I really do think it will come down to the Cubs then Mets. I could be all wrong though, but I see those two as the ones who will give him the best deal. Cubs need a better OF than Hollandsworth and won't get Beltran, and the Mets want to get a middle of the lineup guy who they can "showcase" or something like that. I still don't see the interest in Sosa, but Minaya is doing a bad job I think.

Kogs35
01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Who Cares!!!!!!!!!!! Move On

Hokiesox
01-03-2005, 09:53 PM
I hear there's a team in Iowa that might be a good fit for him...

LongLiveFisk
01-03-2005, 10:49 PM
I used to care. I hope for his sake that I'm wrong but I just see him as being damaged goods. So if he does end up a Cub I wouldn't be getting all excited up there in Cubbie-land just yet.

santo=dorf
01-03-2005, 11:40 PM
I hope he signs with the O's. They are still looking for a part time DH, and there has been talk of the O's trading for Vazquez with could open up a hole in their outfield.

TDog
01-04-2005, 01:49 AM
A one-time stud ballplayer with great name recognition now facing physical limitations that will affect his ability to perform as he did in the past? Even Bo knows should Maggs sounds like a great fit for the Sox. Too bad that bridge was burned.

Foulke29
01-04-2005, 10:01 AM
I hear there's a team in Iowa that might be a good fit for him...
You know you joke about that - but who here thinks there's a chance he goes to Japan? :dunno:

Tekijawa
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I think it would be funny if he signed with the Sox for the Minimum in June because no one else wanted his broke ass.

gosox41
01-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Haven't heard much of anything out of Boras or Maggs or interested teams. Out of some sick, slightly masochistic tendency of mine, I'm extremely interested in where Maggs plays (or gets paid to be injured) next year. Theres no doubt in my mind he'll get a contract before spring training but with whom and for how much? Has he still not worked out for anyone? The longer Maggs goes unsigned, the smarter the White Sox organization looks. I get the feeling that his delay isn't like the Beltran delay, where every day he waits he secures an extra million or so in his pocket. I get the feeling that every day he waits, Maggs is losing millions and looking less attractive to possible suitors. Anyone have any news on the Maggs front?
A just released statement from Al-Jazeera:

:sahaf

Magglio Ordonez is 100% healthy. There is no truth to the rumor that he has a bad knee. Right now he is currently sifting through many different offers and has been numerous contracts at the same or more money then Carlos Beltran. Everything else you hear is false.

Bob

winning ugly 72
01-04-2005, 09:22 PM
anywhere but the cubs! the cub fans i know are already talking like he is on the team. i would hate to see him on the north side :scrubs

veeter
01-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Maggs should stay in the AL so he can DH from time to time. That's if he can play the OF at all. He'll get signed by someone, I'm dying to find out who.

JGarlandrules20
01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I hope he signs with the O's. They are still looking for a part time DH, and there has been talk of the O's trading for Vazquez with could open up a hole in their outfield.Maggs would fit well with the Orioles...seeing as they already use the "oh-ee-oh" chant.

Hokiesox
01-04-2005, 11:24 PM
anywhere but the cubs! the cub fans i know are already talking like he is on the team. i would hate to see him on the north side :scrubs
Don't worry, you will only have to see him in rehab starts in july in Des Moines. I don't know if the stadium is on the North Side of Des Moines, but that's where you'll find him. Maybe his medical records will be there to. Who cares where he plays? I hope he screws the Cubs outfield and his salary is an anchor to whoever he signs with: Cubs or Mets.

TDog
01-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Maybe the Cubs will sign him so the Tribune can fill space with a Maggs watch.

How many Cubs fans know what sort of injury Ordonez suffered last season? How many know he was injured at all?

SoxFanTillDeath
01-05-2005, 08:45 AM
I've moved on. I honestly don't care where he goes. I would be so happy though if the Cubs overpayed for him and then he toils in the minors all season, only to be called up in September and proceed to screw the cubs chances of making the playoffs. Talk about a dream scenario. I would also like to watch him in June and July in the chicago series and watch Konerko hit a triple just to Maggs' left. That may be the only chance Paulee's got to get a triple this season, when Magglio is playing the field.

Chicagosports.com thinks he's going to the Cubs. (Gee, what a surprise!)

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050104cubsbeltranordonez,1,221172.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Jjav829
01-05-2005, 09:13 AM
How many Cubs fans know what sort of injury Ordonez suffered last season? How many know he was injured at all?How many even know who Maggs is?

JKryl
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
You know you joke about that - but who here thinks there's a chance he goes to Japan? :dunno:
I think that's a definite maybe. It depends on whether or not he's pouting after no one offers him big bucks without a physical.

Lip Man 1
01-05-2005, 02:00 PM
I think he's going to wind up with the Cubs. Fate once again conspires to stick it up the Sox rear end.

Lip

Clement's beard
01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Looks like the Cubs have jumped into the Beltran Derby. They have offered him a deal.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub05.html

Clement's beard
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that they will sign Maggs if they don't sign Beltran.