PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbacks after Johnson

JUribe1989
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
It's starting to look a lot better, the hitting at least.

1. 2B Counsell
2. LF Gonzalez
3. 1B Hillenbrand
4. 3B Glaus
5. RF Green
6. SS Clayton
7. CF Tracy
8. C Hammock/Hill

This lineup looks pretty good to me. I didn't realize Clayton hit .280 last year. Where was that when he was here? Pitching still needs work though.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I think it's safe to say that Royce Clayton will revert to pre-2004 form since he won't be playing in the thin air coors field anymore. That line up could be great if Glaus, Green, and Gonzalez all perform like all stars like they have in the past, but the 3 G's have a lot to prove after all being slowed down by injuries during the past couple seasons.

SomebodyToldMe
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
I didn't realize Clayton hit .280 last year.
One word: Coors.

RichFitztightly
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
That line up could be great if Glaus, Green, and Gonzalez all perform like all stars like they have in the past, but the 3 G's have a lot to prove after all being slowed down by injuries during the past couple seasons.
20 Bucks says they call that stretch of the line-up "G-Force" sometime this season.

Unregistered
01-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Stupid me for thinking this thread was actually about the D-Backs looking to trade BACK for Randy Johnson...

Jjav829
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
It's starting to look a lot better, the hitting at least.

1. 2B Counsell
2. LF Gonzalez
3. 1B Hillenbrand
4. 3B Glaus
5. RF Green
6. SS Clayton
7. CF Tracy
8. C Hammock/Hill

This lineup looks pretty good to me. I didn't realize Clayton hit .280 last year. Where was that when he was here? Pitching still needs work though.
It's not awful. It's certainly better than some of the lineups they have had in previous years. They need a leadoff hitter. If you ask me, they'd be better off giving Cintron another shot. It looks like Chad Tracy might be out of a job. They should trade Hillenbrand and start Tracy, but they'll probably force Tracy to the bench. I'd start the season going...

1. SS - Alex Cintron
2. CF - Luis Terrero
3. LF - Luis Gonzalez
4. 1B - Troy Glaus
5. RF - Shawn Green
6. 3B - Chad Tracy
7. 2B - Scott Hairston
8. C- Hill/Snyder

Since they'll probably use Hillenbrand, then I'd put him in Tracy's spot and move Glaus back to 3rd. I wouldn't bother with Clayton, but I'm sure they will so he will likely be leading off for them by default.

Brian26
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Stupid me for thinking this thread was actually about the D-Backs looking to trade BACK for Randy Johnson...
I thought they might be going after Nick Johnson :D: