PDA

View Full Version : Green reportedly traded to D-Backs

Tavarin
01-03-2005, 06:45 AM
From Rotoworld:

The Dodgers have agreed in principle to send Shawn Green and cash to the Diamondbacks for two players, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Dioner Navarro will be one of the players, assuming that the Randy Johnson trade goes through. If something goes wrong there, the Dodgers reportedly would get either Chris Snyder or Koyie Hill. The other player will be a pitcher. The Times reports that it's a prospect, which would seem to rule out Mike Koplove. Brad Halsey could be a possibility. Bill Murphy, who like Hill was sent from Los Angeles to Arizona in the Steve Finley deal, is another. Green will need to waive his no-trade clause to make the deal work, but that probably won't be a problem. The Diamondbacks are willing to sign him to an extension. Jan. 3 - 3:57 am et

Very interesting if this is true. Navarro is probably better than any of the Dodgers catchers now, and this clears a lot of money. This will force Hee Seop to play up to expectations at 1B, but I think he can do that

OEO Magglio
01-03-2005, 07:29 AM
From Rotoworld:

Very interesting if this is true. Navarro is probably better than any of the Dodgers catchers now, and this clears a lot of money. This will force Hee Seop to play up to expectations at 1B, but I think he can do that
I think this is good news for us. With the acquisition of Navarro it might take the Dodgers out of the Pierzynski race. I honestly can't think of another contender that could use A.J. as their starter, hopefully Kenny will be able to sign him but I still got a bad feeling someone else jumps in and gets him.

A. Cavatica
01-03-2005, 07:51 AM
"The Pierzynski race"? Oh yeah, teams are just falling all over themselves with eagerness, trying to sign this schmuck.

OEO Magglio
01-03-2005, 07:53 AM
"The Pierzynski race"? Oh yeah, teams are just falling all over themselves with eagerness, trying to sign this schmuck.
Schmuck or not he's a very good player and how do you know there aren't a lot of teams interested in him??

duke of dorwood
01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
He will be signed by someone for sure, and we'll be left holding our bats AGAIN

fquaye149
01-03-2005, 08:44 AM
He will be signed by someone for sure, and we'll be left holding our bats AGAIN
ok

Soxzilla
01-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Where did the diamondbacks get all this money? And why is the MLB letting them do this, aren't they still owed 80 million by those scammers? :?:

But that's ok, I hope Zona feels good about filling their lineup with a bunch of over-priced under acheivers. :redneck

Tekijawa
01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
But that's ok, I hope Zona feels good about filling their lineup with a bunch of over-priced under acheivers. :redneck
They always were the Chicago Cubs South West!

HomeFish
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
They always were the Chicago Cubs South West!

Except for that World Series win.

JKryl
01-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Where did the diamondbacks get all this money? And why is the MLB letting them do this, aren't they still owed 80 million by those scammers? :?:

Exactly. From what I heard, they were trading RJ because they are deeply in debt, and have too high an overhead. Maybe they just raised beer prices again. It works for Jerry.

StillMissOzzie
01-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Schmuck or not he's a very good player and how do you know there aren't a lot of teams interested in him??
Well, his agent said that there was interest from a few teams, so that's good enough for me to accept.

SMO
:gulp:

StillMissOzzie
01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Well, his agent said that there was interest from a few teams, so that's good enough for me to accept.

SMO
Well, aren't I the know-it-all? Turns out the Sox were interested enough to sign him after all. Sure doesn't seem like there was THAT much interest from anyone else, though, if the Sox got him for a bargain $2.25M.

SMO

Lip Man 1
01-06-2005, 05:20 PM
For what it's worth:

The Sporting News radio network reported this afternoon that the D-backs could not get Green signed to an extension so the trade is in real danger of falling apart.

Lip