PDA

View Full Version : Nomar

Tree
10-17-2001, 10:24 AM
I read on the ESPN message board about the sox trading for Nomar. I think that it might not be such a bad idea. I think that if we trade Clayton and either Lee\Konerko we could get him. The Redsox are weak at 1b. That would make me think that they would want Konerko. That way we would have a position for our lefty bat in Leifer. So that would give us:

Leifer - 1b
Durham - 2b
Nomar - SS
Crede - 3b
Maggs - RF
Rowand\Singleton - CF
Lee - LF
Alomar\Johnson\Paul - C
Thomas - DH

This would not solve any of the pressing issues but would give us a solid defensive and offensive SS. But we still would not have a true leadoff hitter. And our Catching situation would still be uncertain. But at least it will unblock our logjam at 1b\dh a bit.

Viva Magglio
10-17-2001, 10:41 AM
:manos
Where would I fit in?

Tree
10-17-2001, 10:55 AM
Where would I fit in?

Thats the thing. I think Jose is a good offensive player I think we need a better glove at the SS position. Personally I think that the infield defense needs work. If Crede is as smooth a fielder as I have heard. then the 3b situation should be set. then you have SS and 2b. Nomar is a superior fielder to Jose and Royce. Royce while being steady as a routine fielder has limited range. Jose while having excelent range makes too many errors. With the young pitching staff we have we need the best possible defense. look at Seatle. They are a strong team that is built around Piching and Defense. 2b well I hope that Durham will be solid. He is a free agent after next season so maybe deal him. He is overrated in my opinion. We have a good prospect to take his place anyway.

NUCatsFan
10-17-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Tree
I read on the ESPN message board about the sox trading for Nomar. I think that it might not be such a bad idea.

No way, no how. The BoSox will not trade one of their two attractions (the other, of course, being Pedro). If they do, the city of Boston will turn on the team (unless they get a superstar in return, which would mean us trading them Frank, and even then, it's not bloody likely). Nice thoughts, but only conceivable in a contract year for Nomar.

FarWestChicago
10-17-2001, 12:21 PM
I read on the ESPN message board about the sox trading for Nomar.Hmmm, the Troll Board. Now there is a reliable source. :)

Iwritecode
10-17-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hmmm, the Troll Board. Now there is a reliable source. :)

Here is the beginning of that post...

"i think the people over at the sox mlb.com message board are high"

It's posted by someone with the name "sammysosa25".

Ah, very reliable sources indeed.

FarWestChicago
10-17-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
It's posted by someone with the name "sammysosa25".

Ah, very reliable sources indeed.

:moron

I would consider that to be a very reliable source.

Bmr31
10-17-2001, 02:40 PM
I read on the ESPN message board about the sox trading for Nomar. I think that it might not be such a bad idea. I think that if we trade Clayton and either Lee\Konerko we could get him. The Redsox are weak at 1b. That would make me think that they would want Konerko. That way we would have a position for our lefty bat in Leifer. So that would give us:

Leifer - 1b
Durham - 2b
Nomar - SS
Crede - 3b
Maggs - RF
Rowand\Singleton - CF
Lee - LF
Alomar\Johnson\Paul - C
Thomas - DH

This would not solve any of the pressing issues but would give us a solid defensive and offensive SS. But we still would not have a true leadoff hitter. And our Catching situation would still be uncertain. But at least it will unblock our logjam at 1b\dh a bit.

my god are you that clueless about baseball??????? you think we can get a SUPERSTAR for royce clayton and carlos lee??

Tree
10-17-2001, 02:45 PM
Clueless?
Thats a little harsh. I live in RedSox country and i have heard that they are going to do alot of house cleaning with the players on their roster. Lee and Clayton no but if we include some pitching prospects yes. The RedSox farm system is horrible. They are in need of some serious changes. For christ's sake they love Brian Daubach over here. Paul Konkero would be loved even more.

Bmr31
10-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Clueless?
Thats a little harsh. I live in RedSox country and i have heard that they are going to do alot of house cleaning with the players on their roster. Lee and Clayton no but if we include some pitching prospects yes. The RedSox farm system is horrible. They are in need of some serious changes. For christ's sake they love Brian Daubach over here. Paul Konkero would be loved even more.

dude youre not even in the ballpark with what it would take to get nomar......royce clayton is completely worthless in a trade. carlos lee is an average OF guy at very best.

Paulwny
10-17-2001, 07:01 PM
I . The Redsox are weak at 1b. That would make me think that they would want Konerko. .

Wednesday, October 17, 2001

Mo Vaughn says he wants back in Boston
BOSTON (AP) -- Mo Vaughn, who has three years left on his contract with the Angels, would like to return to the Boston Red Sox.

"I'm employed with the Anaheim Angels," Vaughn said on Boston radio station WEEI-AM on Tuesday. "But let's just be straight: If I had the opportunity to come back to Boston, I would."

Vaughn left Boston as a free agent in 1998 after a falling out with general manager Dan Duquette. He signed a six-year, $80 million deal with Anaheim, but he hurt his ankle in his first game with the Angels and missed the entire 2001 season after biceps surgery.

When told of Vaughn's comments, Angels general manager Bill Stoneman said: "Certainly, it's a concern when a player is talking about playing elsewhere. Obviously, we'll be talking to Mo about this. Right now we're more interested in how he's doing in his rehab program and coming to spring training in first class shape."

Red Sox spokesman Kevin Shea said Vaughn's remarks "certainly run contrary to the inaccurate belief that players don't want to play in Boston. It's always nice to hear."

The 33-year-old Vaughn, the AL MVP in 1995, thinks he could bring leadership to the Red Sox.

"Me being here is what I think is right, what I think could be done," Vaughn said. "And it has nothing to do with Dan Duquette or John Harrington. It has to do with playing baseball in Fenway Park, with those fans, in that clubhouse."