PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Arizona for Spring Training?

Takatsufan
01-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I am going to Arizona this spring and I will problalby go to a few games. I was just wondering if anyone was going or if anyone could tell me about games, the stadium, Tucson, etc.

JUribe1989
01-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Tucson Electric Park is a very nice stadium. There are places to sit in the grass in right and left. Here are some of the more notable games in Tucson.
3/18 Cubs 1:05
3/19 KC 1:05
3/25 Brewers 1:05 (El Caballo's 1st meeting against former team)

If you get a chance, drive down to Scottsdale or north to Sedona. The red rocks in Sedona are beautiful and there is a lot to do in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

I will be in attendance for some games near the end of the month. I love Arizona and it is a great vacation spot.

SaltyPretzel
01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I'll be there the 18th and 19th.

ASUSOXGRL
01-01-2005, 11:14 PM
its a nice place to watch a ball game, but the traffic can be really bad around the park.......

WhiteSoxNation
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm goin.....it was great last year. I like the tacos there.

Viva Medias B's
01-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I will be there March 4-7, and I'll probably attend 1 Sox spring training games at TEP. The main thing to see for baseball fans will be the college baseball series at Arizona that weekend when the Wildcats face the Texas Longhorns.

Having said that, Tucson Electric Park is an awesome ballpark.

I want Mags back
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I went last year. It was great. The park is really nice. It's a really long ride from Phoenix. My stupid mother made me go to a cubs game too. Again, our park is better then theres

SoxxoS
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I'll probably be around...:D:

Watch the game in Tuxxon...and come up to Scottsdale/Tempe for nighttime fun.

soxrme
01-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I am going to Arizona this spring and I will problalby go to a few games. I was just wondering if anyone was going or if anyone could tell me about games, the stadium, Tucson, etc.be there 17th - 21st. St Pats day a lot of fun in Scottsdale. Park is nice but I can't wait until they move to the Angels facility, I believe it is in Tempe. Nice park lot of parking, right off the expressway.:D:

ode to veeck
01-03-2005, 05:36 PM
too early to tell for me, may be down there on biz and squeeze in a game or two

soxwon
01-03-2005, 06:24 PM
be there 17th - 21st. St Pats day a lot of fun in Scottsdale. Park is nice but I can't wait until they move to the Angels facility, I believe it is in Tempe. Nice park lot of parking, right off the expressway.:D:
angels are staying in tempe, was the latest speculation.
sox will look elswehere around phoenix.

tucson is only an hour south of phoenix not a bad drive, if you go early , its best.

ill be there mar 11-19 go to the chandler ostrich fest march-11-14 it is really cool, one of the best in the US

BRDSR
01-03-2005, 06:28 PM
ill be there mar 11-19 go to the chandler ostrich fest march-11-14 it is really cool, one of the best in the US
Am I reading this right? Is this a fest for which the primary attraction are ostriches?(sp in the plural?) And if so, do you mean to tell me that there are multiple fests in the United States that deal with ostriches? Is anyone else confused or am I just a dunce? Please explain soxwon.

danimal81
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Am I reading this right? Is this a fest for which the primary attraction are ostriches?(sp in the plural?) And if so, do you mean to tell me that there are multiple fests in the United States that deal with ostriches? Is anyone else confused or am I just a dunce? Please explain soxwon.

LOL!!!!!!!!:dtroll:
My thoughts exactly.

soxwon
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
ostrich fest in chandler is over 100 years old.

its a fest each year that celebrates ostriches, there are many of these animals raised in arizona.
actually the arizona wildcats wanted to be the az ostriches at one time.

Chandler Ostrich Festival (http://phoenix.about.com/cs/events/a/ostrich01.htm)

according to the web it is rated as one of the top 10 fests in america.

BRDSR
01-03-2005, 08:11 PM
ostrich fest in chandler is over 100 years old.

its a fest each year that celebrates ostriches, there are many of these animals raised in arizona.
actually the arizona wildcats wanted to be the az ostriches at one time.

Chandler Ostrich Festival (http://phoenix.about.com/cs/events/a/ostrich01.htm)

according to the web it is rated as one of the top 10 fests in america.
Well...to me this festival is a little underwhelming, but to each his own. But speaking of weird college names, did anyone know that the Wheaton College Whatever-they-are-now used to be known as the Wheaton College Crusaders? Talk about politically incorrect. A Christian college known as the crusaders. Makes me laugh every time. I think they're the Thunder now. Or the Lightening. Is anyone a Wheaton College grad or current student? I almost went there, kind of want to know what it would've been like.

santo=dorf
01-03-2005, 11:48 PM
:LTP
"I will!"

:ohno

TDog
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I drove to a few spring training games at TEP in the 1990s. I've been to the park a few times since, but not for spring training. TEP is a pretty little ballpark, not unlike the home of the Schaumburg Flyers. The traffic/parking was far better than a game I saw in Scottsdale.

soxwon
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Any new entries in the

Going to spring training thread?

those of you going- whst hotels you staying at?

soxwon
01-31-2005, 10:25 PM
the march 14 sox- cubs at mesa game is sold out except for lawn seats

i was lucky to get 1 ticket in the last row of the last section down the 3b line for it.

the march 18 cubs at sox in tucson has good seats left, come on out and meet GOAT BOY and THE SPACE MAN, THEY ARE VENDORS AT THE "EEL".

Palehose13
01-31-2005, 10:31 PM
come on out and meet GOAT BOY and THE SPACE MAN, THEY ARE VENDORS AT THE "EEL".

I was able to handle the ostriches, but now you are scaring me. :?:

Two By Four
01-31-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm going. Will be shooting new television spots for the Sox during the off hours...usually at night.

soxwon
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I was able to handle the ostriches, but now you are scaring me. :?:

PALE- GOAT boy is this kid in his 20's with a goatee , he sells beer, but he sounds like a goat, they call him goatboy, i think he got the idea from SNL.

Spaceman is unreal he's in his 40's, he has they crazy glasses, with eyeballs poping out, he wears rubber bands in his hair, and occasionally he has an aluminum foil space helmet.

all the vendors have there own SCHTICK at all the parks down there.

Palehose13
01-31-2005, 10:48 PM
PALE- GOAT boy is this kid in his 20's with a goatee , he sells beer, but he sounds like a goat, they call him goatboy, i think he got the idea from SNL.

Spaceman is unreal he's in his 40's, he has they crazy glasses, with eyeballs poping out, he wears rubber bands in his hair, and occasionally he has an aluminum foil space helmet.

all the vendors have there own SCHTICK at all the parks down there.

LOL...ok. I thought maybe they were your relatives. :wink:

kravdog
01-31-2005, 10:57 PM
I will be attending the 3/18 sox v. cubs game in tucson...very much looking forward to it. Hopefully I get a chance to watch Iggy, Pods, and/or A.J. in action... I cant wait for this season to start, and for Rob Nayer to die...well, maybe not die, but atleast lose his job --put some effort into your "premium content" article that you write once a week

soxwon
01-31-2005, 11:15 PM
LOL...ok. I thought maybe they were your relatives. :wink:

no sorry my relatives live in a trailer park in wisconsin.

maybe you know them
ida and ebeneezer dundermugg.

tacosalbarojas
01-31-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm goin.....it was great last year. I like the tacos there.
Yeah, but I bet they don't serve tacos al barojas...the delicacy to get at Chicken Willie's Kitchen. To die for

MrRoboto83
02-04-2005, 05:56 PM
the march 14 sox- cubs at mesa game is sold out except for lawn seats

i was lucky to get 1 ticket in the last row of the last section down the 3b line for it.

the march 18 cubs at sox in tucson has good seats left, come on out and meet GOAT BOY and THE SPACE MAN, THEY ARE VENDORS AT THE "EEL".

I got me some lawn seats, I'll be there early to start a white Sox section, anyone else going to this game??:gulp:

MrRoboto83
02-04-2005, 06:09 PM
is anyone going to that oakland A's game in Phoenix on March 12th? I nabbed a few lawn seats to that game as well. be cool to get a Sox section going

soxwon
02-05-2005, 12:49 AM
I got me some lawn seats, I'll be there early to start a white Sox section, anyone else going to this game??:gulp:

ill be there but not on the lawn, i prefer a seat.but if i can to the lawn area i will look for a group of sox fans.

chisox117
02-05-2005, 01:53 AM
is anyone going to that oakland A's game in Phoenix on March 12th? I nabbed a few lawn seats to that game as well.

I don't think they have lawn seating at Phoenix Municipal Stadium...Unless they added it since last year.

I plan on going to this game. I'll probably stop by the box office Monday to get tickets. :gulp:

MrRoboto83
02-05-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't think they have lawn seating at Phoenix Municipal Stadium...Unless they added it since last year.

I plan on going to this game. I'll probably stop by the box office Monday to get tickets. :gulp:

You are right, I got tickets for the general admission/Bleacher section for this game.

soxwon
02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Chisox 117

Does Phoenix Have A St Pats Day Parade?

chisox117
02-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Chisox 117

Does Phoenix Have A St Pats Day Parade?
I can't vouch for the quality of the parade, but....
According to the azcentral.com Calendar of Events:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/EventDetails.php?OccurrenceID=84197

St. Patrick's Day Parade & Faire

Featuring two stages of Irish music and dancing, food and beverages, Irish crafts and merchandise, genealogy, Irish clubs, medieval knights, children's area. Parade begins at 10 a.m. on Central Avenue at Thomas Road and heads south to the park

Have fun! :gulp:

Viva Medias B's
02-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Back to the ostrich sidebar, there is an ostrich petting zoo somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson alongside I-10.

Takatsufan
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
How big is Tuscon Electric? is it multileveled? :supernana:

C-Dawg
02-07-2005, 10:52 PM
How big is Tuscon Electric? is it multileveled? :supernana:

Yes, it has a small upper level. I didn't get a chance to go up there though.

Here is a pic from last March:

http://img203.exs.cx/img203/4033/tucson08an.th.jpg (http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=tucson08an.jpg)

I only got to attend two games, but it was SO COOL to be there, a month before the regular season started! It really gave me a boost and got me looking ahead to the season. And it felt good to be sunburned in March, LOL!

hose
02-08-2005, 07:26 AM
hmm...let's see, Arizona is a red state....nope not going.:)

michned
02-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Back to the ostrich sidebar, there is an ostrich petting zoo somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson alongside I-10.

Exit 220, Picacho. But to the best of my recollection it is not a petting zoo, but just a viewing area.

Ed

AZChiSoxFan
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I can't vouch for the quality of the parade, but....
According to the azcentral.com Calendar of Events:
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/EventDetails.php?OccurrenceID=84197

[/i]

Have fun! :gulp:

Believe me, it's nothing like they have in Chicago. Most residents don't even know we have a parade and my guess is it will not even be mentioned by the local TV stations or newspaper. In other words, it's pretty lame.

pssondacubs
02-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey Jerry,,,, Move them to Casa Grande. It's a town between Tucson and Phoenix. It's growing like a weed... Baseball would be great for a town like Casa Grande. Many new residents are coming from the Valley, even some from Tucson. Then I'm there every night...

pssondacubs
02-08-2005, 02:33 PM
If you want to talk about lame, go to a parade in Chicago. I went to the parade for the lighting of the X-Mas lights to please my wife a couple of years ago. They had 4 Disney vehicles carrying kids. We stood and waited for a couple hours in the cold. They had 8 layers of people waiting for 4 vehicles... Way to go Chicago...

Cubsuck_a_lot
02-08-2005, 02:47 PM
If you want to talk about lame, go to a parade in Chicago. I went to the parade for the lighting of the X-Mas lights to please my wife a couple of years ago. They had 4 Disney vehicles carrying kids. We stood and waited for a couple hours in the cold. They had 8 layers of people waiting for 4 vehicles... Way to go Chicago...

the idea for that is to then encourage people to go shopping on Michigan Ave or to look at the lights. the parade is like breaking the champaign bottle on the bow of an ocean liner; it's the send-off into the cold, christmas-ey, capitalist air to shop. the kids like the lights.

OurBitchinMinny
02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Ill be in the scottsdale area from mar 14-19. Hopefully ill get down to tuscon for a day or so

ma_deuce
02-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Maurice and I are taking the wives over by there for some R&R. Planning on catching as many games as we can while there.

Deuce

soxwon
02-08-2005, 06:51 PM

i guess you cant travel very far in this country.

chisox117
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM

Pima County (Tuscon) is the most "blue" area of the state.:bandance:
I wish I lived there.:gulp:

livewir
02-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Ill be going for the March 19th game, Since i moved to texas 1.5yrs ago this is the closest i will get to be to them until i visit chicago in july.

-Livewir

TheBull19
02-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Pima County (Tuscon) is the most "blue" area of the state.

Actually, Navajo and Cocinino counties are in the range of 85-90% registered Democratic party - people don't get much blue-er than Native Americans.

soxwon
02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
3 weeks from today ill be there.

seeing ws-oak on the 12th, sox-cubs on the 14th

JoseCanseco6969
02-19-2005, 12:10 AM
anyone know if the home sox game vs cubs is sold out??? I keep checking and get a comminications error each time. Any help would be appreciated since I plan on making a road trip out there.

soxwon
02-19-2005, 12:28 AM
the game in mesa is, only lawn seatts available.

but you can tix thru ticket agents online, a 15 buck seat might run ya 30-40 bucks

chisox117
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Actually, Navajo and Cocinino counties are in the range of 85-90% registered Democratic party - people don't get much blue-er than Native Americans.

I was actually basing my reference to Pima County being the most "blue" area of the state on raw numbers of registered Democrats not on registration statistics standardized by population. Democrats are the majority in Pima and it is the 2nd most populous county in the state.

Your statistics are incorrect also. According to the Arizona Republic, Apache County (not Coconino or Navajo) "has the state's highest proportion of Democratic registration, at 66 percent" ("Arizona's Election Turnout Set Record" Arizona Republic Nov. 16, 2004)

:gulp: