PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrissey column

johnny_mostil
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
He's predicting a White Sox world series title in 2005 to torment Cubs fans...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050101morrissey,1,4965002.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Palehose13
01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Fair's fair, and Sox fans will be able to rub a World Series title in the faces of Cubs fans. You rightly ask: How, with that lineup and that budget, could the Sox win the Series? How, after trading Carlos Lee and not re-signing Magglio Ordonez, could the Sox win it all? Especially with that pitching staff?
Um...I think the Sox pitching staff is pretty good. What's he talking about???

OEO Magglio
01-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Um...I think the Sox pitching staff is pretty good. What's he talking about???
Meh, I like the concept of the article but it's a bad article.

Nick@Nite
01-01-2005, 05:19 PM
The Cure singer now works for the Cubune? :redneck

DSpivack
01-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Meh, I like the concept of the article but it's a bad article.
What concept? Look at us Cub fans, we're so pathetic that our misery is so worse than everyone else's that the lowly White Sox will win a world series first.

OEO Magglio
01-01-2005, 05:25 PM
What concept? Look at us Cub fans, we're so pathetic that our misery is so worse than everyone else's that the lowly White Sox will win a world series first.
No, I meant the sox winning the world series. That really wasn't the main idea of the article so I don't know why I said that but I mean't the sox winning the series.

TommyJohn
01-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Haven't we pretty much established that reading the Chicago sports pages is
hazardous to your IQ?

SoxFan76
01-01-2005, 11:11 PM
How, with that lineup and that budget, could the Sox win the Series? How, after trading Carlos Lee and not re-signing Magglio Ordonez, could the Sox win it all? Especially with that pitching staff?

:?:

SOXintheBURGH
01-02-2005, 12:34 AM
The Cure singer now works for the Cubune? :redneck
That would be The Smiths.

fquaye149
01-02-2005, 12:55 AM
That would be The Smiths.
no...bob smith is the copy editor...that's why you see headlines like "killing an arab"

SOXintheBURGH
01-02-2005, 01:00 AM
no...bob smith is the copy editor...that's why you see headlines like "killing an arab"
LOL.....

I love that song...

:gulp:

Whitesox029
01-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Morrissey is trying to get back in good with Sox fans. I don't have a problem with it as long as he keeps those subtle, typical little insinuations that the Cubs are more deserving of a title out of there, which he pretty much did in this article.

Dan H
01-02-2005, 11:17 AM
The column didn't do much for me. It is time to stop comparing which fans are in more misery. It has been way too long for both teams, and fans deserve more than this, even Cub fans. This column was written with tongue in cheek, but it wasn't one of his best efforts.

FedEx227
01-02-2005, 03:31 PM
i personally hate Morrissey

"In the Wake of News" (as long as that news is something positive about the Cubs, or something that he can bash the white sox about)...

at first I read it like Wow hes actually giving the Sox credit, and when you read it, its STILL STILL centered around the poor Ol' Cubs and how they haven't won in 100 years...just the same old standard tounge-in-cheek negative Morrissey White Sox story.

i don't know why I still even read the Tribune

:pee :morrisey

StillMissOzzie
01-02-2005, 06:02 PM
At first I read it like Wow hes actually giving the Sox credit, and when you read it, its STILL STILL centered around the poor Ol' Cubs and how they haven't won in 100 years...just the same old standard tounge-in-cheek negative Morrissey White Sox story.

i don't know why I still even read the Tribune

:pee :morrisey

I read this and didn't believe for a second that he was actually predicting a White Sox WS winner. I agree that it's just more of the old "woe is us, our curse is worse, when's it gonna be our turn" pablum being spoon-fed to the sCrUBBIE faithful.

SMO
:gulp: